The zero effs given thread

Options
Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
When was a time in your life when you realized that you just had no fvcks left to give?

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Right now. Selling/buying a new home and then the subsequent moving is a losing battle.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    My guy bestie texted me this morning a pic of an engagement ring. He met his chick 2 months ago and they are already planning on getting married.
    I started a long reply about how dumb they are, then deleted everything and just replied "congrats".
    I guess I just don't care anymore what others do with their life. If it doesn't directly affect me, why waste any energy on the matter?

Ack

That’s a tough one
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think back that far but said eff it.

So, that long ago.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tams_89 {{HUGS}}

I still give to many effs; should've lived and learned by now but....
  • Miz_Owl
    Miz_Owl Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    July this year after having a panic attack at a family party. Things managed to esculate into a huge row then my cousin and his gf strangled me 😢 the police came and my Mom took me home. I have struggled since with my mental health and not My Nan, Grandad, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc have once asked how I am. Instead have been making everything about them as usual and talking about me behind my back. It's took me this long to come to terms with everything and it hurts that they don't care about my feelings. But now is the time I don't have any f***s left to give. I don't need "family" like that in mine or my kids lives.

That is horrible .
    :'(
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    July this year after having a panic attack at a family party. Things managed to esculate into a huge row then my cousin and his gf strangled me 😢 the police came and my Mom took me home. I have struggled since with my mental health and not My Nan, Grandad, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc have once asked how I am. Instead have been making everything about them as usual and talking about me behind my back. It's took me this long to come to terms with everything and it hurts that they don't care about my feelings. But now is the time I don't have any f***s left to give. I don't need "family" like that in mine or my kids lives.

That's terrible Tams and my apologies you went through that.. That's a helluva lot to try and let go of, I hope things get easier for you, and I know you're already stronger 💕
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My phone battery died the other day as I was getting off work yesterday 🤷🏽‍♂️... It was a rare forced opportunity to just be alone with my thoughts, and no other outside influences, just me and my thoughts and I... I guess I just dgaf at the moment... Just watched them to see where they went 🤷🏽‍♂️... I need to do that more often...
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    oudyviyqj172.jpeg

They’re dwindling
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I'm sorry your family seem to be self-absorbed shitheads, That must be difficult to deal with.

I've used up most of my effs but still have a few left. I've saved them for the important stuff.