I'm Now Half My Size

Options
I weighed in today at 201 pounds for my official weigh-in when I first woke up. I have now lost 204 pounds so I am now half the man that I used to be having lost 50% of my body weight. I weighed 405 pounds on 2/17/2012. I feel great! I also stepped on the scale again after my morning workout. My weight was 199.6 pounds! This is the first time I am been under 200 pounds since I was 18. I'm 39 years old, 6-0 in height. It has taken me a little over 18 months. I have focused on diet and exercise. I now try to exercise at least two hours a day six days a week. For exercise, I do mostly walking, swimming, and weight training. For diet, I try to eat 5-6 times a day with smaller meals and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I try to also focus on portion control. It's been a complete lifestyle change for me. I still have some fitness goals to reach but I feel great. At the pool where I go swimming, I had a guy in the locker room ask me how much I had lost. I also had a guy on the street where I go walking stop me and tell me how great I look. It's been hard work but I feel so much better about myself.

Replies

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!!!
  • DamoniqueW
    DamoniqueW Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! Congrats!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing journey!!! Wonderful for you!!!
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how you feel right now!
    That is awesome, congradulations!
  • Marlenedlr
    Marlenedlr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW, this is amazing! So inspired, your truly a determined person :D
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic job, well done!

I'm getting there slowly....... and success stories like yours make me believe I CAN do it!
  • hazeldixon89
    hazeldixon89 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! do well done, if you´d like to add Id love to get any insight from someone already succeeding!
  • traceybush
    traceybush Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    204lb!!!!!! WOW that's phenomenal:smile::bigsmile:
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Awsome!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Huge congratulations to you!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Great story - thanks for sharing!
  • playprettie1
    playprettie1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thats just amazing and so inspirational!!
  • jadisciple
    Options
    Congrats to you. I am currently 3/4ths the man I used to be, When I have completed my diet I will be also, half the man, I used to be. In many ways we both will be Twice the men we used to be as life will once again be enjoyable
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing!!
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Congrats on your success, keep it up!!! Also, thanks for sharing a little about how you did it. Way to go!!
  • brwnstephanie
    Options
    thats amazing you inspired me keep up the good work
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are the success I hope to be. Congrats. I would any helpful tips you have as I am just starting out on my journey.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!