I love this process... and here's why!

Options
KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,552 Member
What do you love about what you are doing to make yourself better? (Healthier, stronger, etc)
What keeps you fired up and motivated about doing it again?

So often we focus on the things we hate (feeling hungry, pains, tiredness), and not enough on the things we love... so let this be the place where you share why you love what you're doing so much!

Maybe your enthusiasm will catch on to someone else!

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    Options
    For me... The day after a heavy lift session, my muscles feel like they're THERE. I feel like I have these super strong legs and super strong biceps, and I want to take on the world! I feel like I could smash watermelons (I can haha), and like I am three seconds from totally hulking out.

It makes me feel powerful!

And in a world where there is so much feeling of powerlessness right now... it's a wonderful experience!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I also love feeling like I can do what I never used to be able to do. I love feeling like I'm setting an amazing example for my kids and showing them that there is no such thing as I can't. Or "I'm just a girl". That they can do so much more than they ever thought possible - all they have to do is work at it, and believe in themselves.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Great thread idea!

For me, it's seeing muscle definition in my pecs, like ACTUAL VISIBLE muscles ...even though it means my bewbs have paid the ultimate price. I've already thanked them for their service but it's Gains Time now.

HAHA OMG I feel the same way! I feel like we need a memorial service for our bewbs... (Another thread? haha nope, that'd get locked down!)

But seeing the striations across the upper pecs is TO DIE FOR. I love it! :love:
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Hitting PRs feels so good!! I just hit 280# PR on deadlifts! Love this thread! 💜

Boom! Way to go!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I went to a powerlifting competition... And I think I cried the whole damn day! When someone would smash a PR, the happiness and laughter and jumps of joy, the celebration from EVERYONE IN THE ROOM, it was magical.

And conversely, when someone would fail... The support and love, and encouragement for the next attempt from their friends and from complete strangers was a sight to behold.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    All of these are great!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I love that it's such a dynamic process and I've shifted the goal posts several times so far.

I started out wanting more bone density so that meant resistance training. Shift to weight lifting because that seemed to do the job better and hey, I should probably preserve muscle too. Ohhhhh, muscles look really good on women, maybe I can grow some of those...

Now the goals are more aesthetic but that's okay because my original objectives are still being met.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    Honestly honestly honestly....

Eating mostly salads for dinner, 4am workout, monitoring my in take, staying active, splitting up cheat meals, measuring and tracking body measurements...

It's all as automatic to me as breathing at this point... It's like an auto pilot function ingrained deep within me at this point...

That being said... I'm really not all that into fitness these days... Mental self development is kinda my jam atm, and I love as always what it does for me...

That being said... Deep inside, I still get teary eyed whenever I see someone who is where I was, doing there best to jog down the street 🥲...

Mental self development...100%...im starting to see how I use eating or alcohol or exercise or work or anything other than dealing with some internal *kitten* that just needs to be dealed with...ok...no? Not what you meant😬
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Eating mostly salads for dinner, 4am workout, monitoring my in take, staying active, splitting up cheat meals, measuring and tracking body measurements...

It's all as automatic to me as breathing at this point... It's like an auto pilot function ingrained deep within me at this point...

That being said... I'm really not all that into fitness these days... Mental self development is kinda my jam atm, and I love as always what it does for me...

That being said... Deep inside, I still get teary eyed whenever I see someone who is where I was, doing there best to jog down the street 🥲...

Mental self development...100%...im starting to see how I use eating or alcohol or exercise or work or anything other than dealing with some internal *kitten* that just needs to be dealed with...ok...no? Not what you meant😬

OMG are you saying I use self development books to avoid taking care of what's really going on... 😭😂

OMG I'm living a lie 😂😭...
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Being able to lift myself out of the bathtub without feeling like it's a workout in itself. Ridiculous, I know but I can actually glide right out now.

Feeling my leg muscles when I walk.

Getting stuff done around the house and not realizing I've been at it for hours because I'm not tired.

I've been at this since May and this has been the longest I've committed to becoming healthier. I love knowing I'm taking care of my heart, lungs, mind etc. It's a total package of a deal and worth giving up fast food and lazy mindsets.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

OMG are you saying I use self development books to avoid taking care of what's really going on... 😭😂

OMG I'm living a lie 😂😭...

Nooooo. Not what I meant.😂
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I like your idea of using a cartoon chaser for everything. Got the blues? A cartoon chaser.
    Got expired milk in the house. One cartoon chaser
    Twenty two miles into town with razing blizzard outside? One cartoon chaser coming UP.
    No shirt. No shoes. No service. No open restaurants. One cartoon chaser.
    That shizz works for everything. <3
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    For me-

My job is desk bound and often composed of long projects broken by a series of interruptions. When I get home I see a collection of half done tasks and a growing to do list. Sometimes I have a couple hours to spend with my wife and 3 year old in the evening but being we both work in a hospital, especially with our current situation we are generally toasted.

Hitting the gym before work gives me some alone time to destress and the opportunity to actually accomplish something difficult that day. I go first thing in the morning before work so I don’t feel guilty about taking time away from the family.
    Physically and mentally I feel much stronger and focused. Still fresh so PRs are coming weekly. Alcohol use is probably lowest since I was 13 since I have a hard time trading the 500 calories burned on the arc for a couple ipas. The comments about my weight loss are usually a great confidence boost (although I did get a few ask me if I’m sick because I lost so much so fast)

Most importantly and the main reason I decided to get off the couch again and make lifestyle changes was so I could keep up with my 3 year old son and still be here when he graduates high school.

This is beautiful. So many amazing reasons! ❤️

And thank you to both you and your wife. Being in healthcare is a very stressful career... Especially in our current situation!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love eating mostly plant based because I’m not harming animals. I also love the abundance of fruits and vegetables I consume. I eat more fruit than veggies and am working on that part, but in general I feel quite good.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I like your idea of using a cartoon chaser for everything. Got the blues? A cartoon chaser.
    Got expired milk in the house. One cartoon chaser
    Twenty two miles into town with razing blizzard outside? One cartoon chaser coming UP.
    No shirt. No shoes. No service. No open restaurants. One cartoon chaser.
    That shizz works for everything. <3

Haha yep! It's a good rule of thumb! ❤️