Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is it normal to be so tired from walking?

13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I'm skeptical due to reading the one star reviews on the more heavily reviewed mask cages, but did order this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FWZZ2D6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It claims to prevent fogging glasses, which makes me crazy. When the weather is cold and I go into a store my glasses fog and I can't see for a while. If it works, I will be ecstatic, and if not, I will return them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,636 Member
    I'll try to remember to report back after I try it, but my friend who gave it to me loves it for her walks. She was having the "sucking in wet fabric" problem.

To @MaltedTea's comment about makeup, face marks: Could be. I never wear makeup, think my friend doesn't either; and (me only, here) I am not the pretty/cute type, partly because I don't care that much, partly by genetics, so I've long prioritized comfort/function over appearance. I'm *behind* my face all the time, rarely have to look at it. Besides, I have face-marks most of the AM from my (🙄) CPAP mask, since I'm one of the lucky (🙄) people for whom weight loss did not improve sleep apnea.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    just gonna update - I got to weigh myself after 5 weeks, i'm about 0.7kg heavier than last weigh in (which is within normal fluctuations for me, considering I've been aiming to maintain) - but basically, yeah, proves to me I wasn't tired due to undereating (I was fairly sure I was maintaining but hard to judge without a scale)

I picked up some old shoes from my parents house which hopefully should last me this winter, and I'm moving in 7 days
  • kshama2001
    just gonna update - I got to weigh myself after 5 weeks, i'm about 0.7kg heavier than last weigh in (which is within normal fluctuations for me, considering I've been aiming to maintain) - but basically, yeah, proves to me I wasn't tired due to undereating (I was fairly sure I was maintaining but hard to judge without a scale)

I picked up some old shoes from my parents house which hopefully should last me this winter, and I'm moving in 7 days

You're moving closer to work, yes?

And will you be able to sometimes work from home there?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I will literally be living a 5-6 minute walk from work :)

Now you'll have to add some.
    Or do a workout that is better for body with extra time available.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member

That sounds great! I hope the move goes well.

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    heybales wrote: »

Now you'll have to add some.
    Or do a workout that is better for body with extra time available.

trust me that's not gonna be an issue xD
  • kshama2001

Hooray!