Girl Friend Influence

Options

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Great...now the girls are just going to get their opinions from their friends on how to answer this
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I thought we were just required to go to the bathroom in groups, you mean we have to get each others approval on everything?

I personally don't get other women's approval but my BFF can't decide a damn thing without consulting me first.

See. Thats what I am talking about. Why do you feel the need to control your BFF and why does she agree to everything you say?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that all girls/guys are this way. I personally rarely ask for advice or opinions from my friends. I have some female friends who are constantly seeking reassurance and some who do not. I have some guy friends who are constantly seeking reassurance and some who do not.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the cheese
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I thought we were just required to go to the bathroom in groups, you mean we have to get each others approval on everything?

I personally don't get other women's approval but my BFF can't decide a damn thing without consulting me first.

See. Thats what I am talking about. Why do you feel the need to control your BFF and why does she agree to everything you say?

I am NOT controlling her and she doesn't have to agree, she is the one asking my opinion.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    LOL, thats what we let you think. We are really just laughing at you.....:bigsmile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    An objective opinion from an outside source is generally more accurate than my person, subjective opinion. I trust my friends and know they have my best interests in mind. If my friends think my SO is horrible, he probably is. And if they tell me my butt looks big in those jeans, it probably does.

QFT, but I do have a brain, and don't take all criticism and opinions to heart
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    I definately don't listen to my best friend. If I did I would have very short hair right now.

I don't care how many times she insists I would look adorable. I like my hair long, I is addicted to my ponytail.:drinker:
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would agree that woman do hate woman... we are such mean creatures to each other! Even when you try to be nice... it seems often it is taken wrong as .. that is what woman are use to! So I am not sure... I would not take another women's advice... I have to wonder... is this a woman you are talking about... or is it a young girl.. teen? Maybe early 20?

The advice I seek... is to eliminate the fact that woman are hormonal and I would not want to make a choice based on feelings or hormones... This happens OFTEN to many woman... including myself no matter how hard I try!!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    1 - not all women do. Alpha chicks don't, Beta chicks do. That's the way it rolls with men, too.

2 - speaking of Alpha, I think the cattiness is a throwback to caveman days. If your man took off with another woman when you were gestating, birthing, or nursing, you would stand a big chance of both you and your offspring dying. If you kept your man around, you had food and protection. So, being catty was probably a way of not letting too many women get around your man.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I would agree that woman do hate woman... we are such mean creatures to each other! Even when you try to be nice... it seems often it is taken wrong as .. that is what woman are use to! So I am not sure... I would not take another women's advice... I have to wonder... is this a woman you are talking about... or is it a young girl.. teen? Maybe early 20?

The advice I seek... is to eliminate the fact that woman are hormonal and I would not want to make a choice based on feelings or hormones... This happens OFTEN to many woman... including myself no matter how hard I try!!
    Please speak for yourself and not "all women."

We are most definitely not all this way and it makes me angry every time I see this.
  • patfriendly
    Options
    My interaction is usually with women my age or younger so I am mostly talking about women of age 20-40. Here are typical situations.

At the club, I am dancing with a girl, she seems to be enjoying it. Her friend comes pulls her away and thats it, she goes and then she will only dance with the guy her friend wants her to.

I take a girl shopping, she gets what she likes and the next day she shows it to her friends, goes back to shop returns and gets something else.

I make plans with a girl. She likes it and then she talks to her friends and thats it the plans changed.

I could go on.. but you get the point. And no its not just me, I see the same pattern with many girls like my friends girl friend, her friends.. etc.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and his guys friends do the same thing when they're getting ready for a night out. They don't technically seek each others advice when it comes to things like dating, but they definitely consider each other opinions.

This thread is poop.
  • rml_16
    Options
    My interaction is usually with women my age or younger so I am mostly talking about women of age 20-40. Here are typical situations.

At the club, I am dancing with a girl, she seems to be enjoying it. Her friend comes pulls her away and thats it, she goes and then she will only dance with the guy her friend wants her to.

I take a girl shopping, she gets what she likes and the next day she shows it to her friends, goes back to shop returns and gets something else.

I make plans with a girl. She likes it and then she talks to her friends and thats it the plans changed.

I could go on.. but you get the point. And no its not just me, I see the same pattern with many girls like my friends girl friend, her friends.. etc.
    You need to find better quality women.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options

Her friends likely thought you were out of your league and trying to prevent her from making bad/drunken decisions.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

Then I would say it has more to do with your social circle and what is deemed acceptable behavior.
  • rml_16
    Options

Her friends likely thought you were out of your league and trying to prevent her from making bad/drunken decisions.
    Or she signaled to them to save her from the guy she didn't really want to dance with.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't seek approval before a purchase.... but i definatley wear it to the next get together and all of my girl friends and sisters ALWAYS notice. It's a socially approved situation "oh, is that a new sweater? I love it! Where did you get it?" Etc. :drinker:
  • patfriendly
    Options

Ya, but why would her friends decide that? Why can't she decide on her own? If she decided, why does she let her friends change her mind? Thats the question. The girls in this situation are not always drunk.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Please speak for yourself and not "all women."

We are most definitely not all this way and it makes me angry every time I see this.

I agree. It's frustrating when the extremes are taken as the norm.