Joining Low Carb Community

Options
How do I join the Low Carb Community? There is not a join button. Thanks.

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    There should be. Are you trying from the app or a computer?
  • Tcaud114
    Tcaud114 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    From a computer
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Not sure what you mean...do you mean the group? In Groups?

Go here for the Low Carber Daily Forum (Group) : https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Is there a green "Join" button next to the name when yo go there?

If you just mean a thread you're seeing in the main forums, just post in it and you're "in."
  • caquibell
    caquibell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There isn’t a join button. I am trying to join as well please.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    caquibell wrote: »
    There isn’t a join button. I am trying to join as well please.

Hmmm, this is very odd.

I'd suggest submitting a help request - link at top of this page https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Are you seeing the join button on other groups?

In any event, it's clearly some kind of glitch, so I agree with Nony_Mouse about the help request. The group is open and interested in new members!
  • tmurraysdca
    tmurraysdca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The group is marked private. When I try to send a message to group owner Laura_bean, it says the user is not recognized. Can someone who is in this group invite me?
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    The group is marked private. When I try to send a message to group owner Laura_bean, it says the user is not recognized. Can someone who is in this group invite me?

If you click join, it will ask why you want to join, and you can just say whatever your reasons are (like "I am just starting a low carb way of eating" or whatever). So far as I know they let in anyone (they let me in!).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Confirming that this is the group you are trying to join: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

If you're going from the 'popular groups' list on the web version, it should look like this (I have no join button for the low carb group because I'm already a member):

lk76nogvuo44.png

I'm not sure if there's anything group mods can do for you (hence why I suggested lodging a help ticket with MFP), but I'll Beetlejuice @baconslave in here in case she has any ideas.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    98c151xobzcg.png
    Yup, I'm having the same problem but from the PC. There is not a Join button. I need some low carb buddies!
  • lemurcat2
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Seems like there's a glitch. Hopefully it will get fixed soon, as it's a fun group.

You are definitely welcome to friend me (I'm low carb but not keto), but full disclosure I hang out here and in groups more than my feed, although I do try to be supportive, and I don't log here, but at Cron.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    So weird!

I'm assuming staff are probably off for the holidays, but just in case, @Alex - can this be looked into please?

I'm also low carb (keto adjacent?).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    This issue is now on the FixIt team's radar, should be repaired by early in the new year apparently. In the meantime, if any of you have questions or need help, just sing out :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fyi, i have notified staff of this issue. They are going to work on it.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Can anyone who was having trouble try again and see if the issue is fixed now?