Options
Hi, I have been a WW Lifetime member for 30 years, but though I would give this a try.
I have gained 15 lbs over the past few years and started menopause, double YIKES, started on
Bio-T bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, but am gaining more weight.
I am hoping this is going to help me, is there anyone out there that can coach me?

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @rshea65 Just log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth and stay below your daily calories and you will lose. I have lost 53lbs so far. Don't get discouraged and NEVER give up on yourself! YOU can do this!
  • rshea65
    rshea65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I know food logs are important! I just don't like it!!! But I can do this. Just need to get into the groove :))
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Also honest setup and usage.

Like log food by weight since calories is per gram, not cups, spoons, or "about 3 servings per package".
    Confirm the database entry is correct to label in your hand, find the right one, and when used it'll be in your list for easy access next time.

Really sedentary activity level (most select that)? No kids, pets, or household that keeps you busy evening & weekends? That's sedentary.
    If you have those things - you are lightly-Active. If job is active, even higher then.

Reasonable weight loss goal - 2 lbs weekly is for over 50 lb to lose. It's not if under. Didn't gain it fast, don't try to lose it fast.

Oh - your eating goal already has a deficit to it - no need to always eat less than that - meet your eating goal.
    Would you get within 10-20 lbs of goal weight and say eh, close enough?

For ease in logging foods - use a scale if not used yet - very fast and easy.
    You can do it.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    Options
    rshea65 wrote: »
    Thank you! I know food logs are important! I just don't like it!!! But I can do this. Just need to get into the groove :))

Logging becomes easier the more you do it and it's a constant reminder of what you have had and how many calories are left. It forces me to make better choices. You got this!
  • The_Elephant_Man
    Options
    @rshea65 Did you log everything today?
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I also pre log meal so I can make sure I have room for a treat if I want or to bank calories for use later in the week (such as weekends to leave the option of eating out available).
  • rshea65
    Options
    Exercise is not an option right now, weights make me more dizzy.
    I just want to know how many calories do I need to go down to if exercise is not an option.
    How do I reply to a specific post? I don't see a reply option.
  • rshea65
    Options
    When I set it up I listed that I want to loose 2 lbs per week. But it says I will only loose .6 lbs per week
    Also, I do not eat any soy
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I just want to know how many calories do I need to go down to if exercise is not an option.

Click ‘Quote’ in the post, then go down to the reply box and the previous post will be there.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    When I set it up I listed that I want to loose 2 lbs per week. But it says I will only loose .6 lbs per week
    Also, I do not eat any soy

.6 pounds per week seems reasonable. The less you have to lose the smaller amount you can lose each week.

This is a journey, not a destination.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Exercise is not a requirement of weight loss.
    It's for heart health and body shaping.

So your desired weight loss rate is unrealistic, that would be considered extreme at this point.
    Extreme never seems to be successful for people.

But what you ended up with shows this with only 0.6 suggested to be happening.

That is based on the eating goal you were given.

That is how many calories you need to go down to if you do no exercise.
    The goal you see on the Food diary is that number.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose you are past the point where 2 lbs a week is a reasonable goal. Exercise is for health, not weight loss. On another thread you said you eat 1200 calories a day (you may have said that here also, I can’t remember). So, at 1200 a day and sedentary you will lose .6 lbs a week, which if you only have 15lbs to lose, is completely reasonable.