Anyone else waiting until after the holiday?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Reenie, if anyone’s got this, you do.

You were one of my motivating crew when I started, when I was doing a lot of lurking.

Would return the favor tenfold, if I can.

2020 has flat out sucked. I’ve had nine months of “not a problem, I can deal with this”, and one of gloom. I think it’s the insistent politics here in Georgia- ads, mailers, texts, calls, doorhangers, random strangers at the door.

Whatever is weighing your heart down right now, I hope it lifts and you find yourself light as a feather and able to find your way again.

I'm a texter - sowwie!

Here's a tip - do whatever the text says to optout and do not otherwise engage. That should be the last text from that organization. Unfortunately for you, there are multiple orgs. But a handful of STOP2QUIT or whatever they are looking for should put an end to texts. However, doing anything other than opting out will only prolong the agony.

You Georgians are way nicer than Floridians and I often get a lot of "please stop texting me" and lots of other words but just STOP2QUIT and that org should indeed stop :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I did really well for the most part, still lost but these last 2 months I needed a break from counting and logging. That break put me up about 5-6 pounds and I want to get a hold of this before it puts me right back where I started in Dec. 2019.

I also need to get my veggie game back up, I need to stop eating out/eating TV dinners and cooking 99% of my meals again. I canceled my gym membership mid-Summer and I just purchased a spin bike, and I’ll join the peloton app so I can take classes once it’s put together on Tuesday. My exercise has mostly stayed on point, except for when my body and mind made the winter blues transition (thank God, I’ve finally crossed that bridge). So now I have something to do when I don’t have zoom dance classes.

I think 2020 was a beast to most people. I lost my job and started grinding/clenching my teeth in my sleep which has caused some dental issues. Thankfully, I’ve found a new job and I’m slowly working on getting my dental issues under control. I think if you survived 2020, that’s a huge win and something to be proud of.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I feel you. I did really well for the most part, still lost but these last 2 months I needed a break from counting and logging. That break put me up about 5-6 pounds and I want to get a hold of this before it puts me right back where I started in Dec. 2019.

I also need to get my veggie game back up, I need to stop eating out/eating TV dinners and cooking 99% of my meals again. I canceled my gym membership mid-Summer and I just purchased a spin bike, and I’ll join the peloton app so I can take classes once it’s put together on Tuesday. My exercise has mostly stayed on point, except for when my body and mind made the winter blues transition (thank God, I’ve finally crossed that bridge). So now I have something to do when I don’t have zoom dance classes.

I think 2020 was a beast to most people. I lost my job and started grinding/clenching my teeth in my sleep which has caused some dental issues. Thankfully, I’ve found a new job and I’m slowly working on getting my dental issues under control. I think if you survived 2020, that’s a huge win and something to be proud of.

Your dentist may have already given you a guard but if not, after I lost the one my dentist made for me, I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/DenTek-Comfort-Fit-Protection-Nightime-Grinding/dp/B002WTCK4Q/
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Your dentist may have already given you a guard but if not, after I lost the one my dentist made for me, I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/DenTek-Comfort-Fit-Protection-Nightime-Grinding/dp/B002WTCK4Q/

Thank you for the recommendation. I am supposed to be picking up the one my dentist fitted me for on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it fits properly.
  • kshama2001
    Options

Oh wow! Thanks for the tip. I started grinding mine due to issues with extended family and family business. I’ve tried everything from sacrocranial massage to hypnosis to stop. I chewed right through the expensive mouthguard, and the kind you had to boil hurt so stinking bad when I tried to size it while hot, as instructed. It felt like I had burnt my brain. This one says “no boil”! Oh sweet relief.

I tell ya, between the weighted blanket, the knee pillows, joint relief creams and mouth guard, preparing for bedtime is a real production. Old age sucks.

The kind you have to boil tasted SO nasty to me so I was really happy to find these. I got mine at Walmart. It's been almost a year and I haven't chewed through it yet.

I LOVE my weighted blanket, especially this time of year when it's cold.
  • kshama2001
    Options

Thank you for the recommendation. I am supposed to be picking up the one my dentist fitted me for on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it fits properly.

I trimmed the back 1/4" off the one I got from my dentist to make it more comfortable.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options

Oh wow! Thanks for the tip. I started grinding mine due to issues with extended family and family business. I’ve tried everything from sacrocranial massage to hypnosis to stop. I chewed right through the expensive mouthguard, and the kind you had to boil hurt so stinking bad when I tried to size it while hot, as instructed. It felt like I had burnt my brain. This one says “no boil”! Oh sweet relief.

I tell ya, between the weighted blanket, the knee pillows, joint relief creams and mouth guard, preparing for bedtime is a real production. Old age sucks.

I've got those *and* the CPAP (sleep apnea machine), and have found I do better (despite full mask for the CPAP, i.e. covers mouth and nose, and despite included humidfier and heated tubing) if I put a piece of medical tape on my mouth (vertical, just one strip) so my mouth stays shut & doesn't dry out. In some ways, this stuff feels like being assimilated into the borg, I swear.

Well, all but the weighted blanket . . . and I *do* have the mouthguard. The latest prescription one I got, the dentist makes in her office, and can adjust any parts that don't fit comfortably, and even repair later if it wears, or if I get a new crown (🙄) or something.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I made this year a positive for me. For the past few years I've focused on the success of my clients. Well with my gym shut down and no clients, I decided to focus on me. And after 3 months of honey do list at home, the next few I focused on eating less and working out more intense. And since June I have missed a workout and am now down over 40lbs. And looking much leaner like I did in my mid 30's. But again, I'm an optimist in bad times or situations. I look for opportunities where people might think something is bad, and make good out of it somehow. It's why I'm never stressed. x3mht46qoq32.jpg
    y4ho6x9zt43f.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

A picture is worth a thousand words. One look is worth ten thousand words = ancient proverb.
    Congratulations on your continued success.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

I trimmed the back 1/4" off the one I got from my dentist to make it more comfortable.

Thank you for this tip. Did you just cut it with scissors or a knife? Or ask the dentist office to trim it for you?
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

Yeah, the boil ones hurt too much to bite through bc my mouth is already super sore from all of the clenching, so I made an appointment with my dentist and they custom fit me for one since the over the counter one wasn’t working. I honestly hope it works bc the goop they make you bite into is so disgusting that I need it to be worth it I have put that junk into my mouth.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options

Thank you for this tip. Did you just cut it with scissors or a knife? Or ask the dentist office to trim it for you?

I suspect you should ask the dentist's office. There are different materials/types. Even once you get their advice, you can choose to ignore it, if you want to. 😉