Subway for supper... Best options ?

Options
Opinions please !

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Best meaning...taste? Calories? Carbs? They have nutrition info on the site.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My opinion: skip the cheese and mayo. This eliminates a lot of fat and calories that don't add much flavor, especially as their cheese is pretty flavorless anyway. I like the Subway Club with spicy mustard or the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki. My preference is for wheat bread and all the veggies except onions, but changing those doesn't impact much.
  • notgivingupyet
    Options
    Do the Veggie Deluxe or whatever it's called. c:
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like the honey oat bread with a veggie patty and loads of salad, with cheese and mayo!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Depends what you are looking for. I often opt for a salad since I try to keep my carb levels low. I go for Turkey with avocado and I bring it home and ad my own dressing. If I cant I ask for a little italian. I get everyone on it but olives! Tasty!
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Plan for a hell of a lot of calories.
  • Tomtomtomfitz
    Tomtomtomfitz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll have Subway probably close to once a week, and always get the same thing--

Turkey/Bacon/Avacado, no mayo, no cheese, no oil/vinegar
    +honey mustard
    all veggies except lettuce (spinich instead) and olives.
    wheat bread

diet coke!

6" still comes in under 400 cal; no regrets about this one!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Fit it in your macros (or exercise extra to fit it in), and enjoy whatever you like!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Opinions please !

Best option would be to go to a nice pizza joint or legit italian deli and get a sandwich
  • sweetgisi
    Options
    I find the chopped salad with grilled chicken pretty good. And to add something hearty I usually eat the broccoli cheddar soup which only has 180 calories and after that I am stuffed! ;-)
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the turkey breast on wheat with American cheese, and LOADED with veggies. A little mayo won't hurt ya.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like the veggie delite with all the vegetables, lite mayo and mustard and then salt and pepper. So good!!!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    There's a turkey, spinach and avocado sandwich on their Fresh and Fit menu. It's basically a turkey sandwich without cheese/mayo/dressing but with avocado. It's pretty good. And I love Baked Lays sour cream and onion chips with it.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If I'm in a bind at work I get their Double Chopped Chicken Salad... with double the chicken... more meat than veggies, my kind of salad. I either get avocado or skip any sort of dressing altogether.

If I want a sandwich, I'd rather go some place else.
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually get a chopped salad. I love the ham and turkey one! Filling and low cal.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    big philly on wheat with american and onion and peppers with some black pepper is my go to choice.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Their website lets you switch in and out toppings and options. Take a look and see if it fits within your daily goal.
  • buffyfan22
    Options
    Plan for a hell of a lot of calories.

Not true... It all depends what you get.

OP: Just get what you want but skip the fattening condiments/dressings. I always get honey mustard. I try not to get ranch, mayo, etc.. But sometimes, I get whatever the hell I want. You know, because I like to live a little. Lol.

Salads are good there also and pretty big.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    footlong blt with double bacon, provolone, spicy mayo, on the cheese bread.