New me in old age.

I hope to find a new me with more energy and strength. I'm in my 70s. Yes young people, old people need to lose weight too, hahaha. I've been using mpg for 2 months and have lost 20 lbs., but need to lose 50 more. I'm logging food and that makes think about what I'm I'm eating. All suggestions, tips are welcome. I'm trying low carb plan.

Replies

• 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    I am in my 60's. You are doing great to have lost 20 pounds in 2 months. I am losing about 5 pounds a month. I would like to be losing faster but I also know that what I am doing is working for me. I have found that doing Youtube videos helps me to workout on a regular basis. I was going to the gym pre- Covid, but truthfully I was in a rut and not pushing myself to hard. Now I work hard to keep up with the videos. I do Leslie Sansone, Team Body Project, Paul Eugine, Silver Sneakers ane I recently found Renew Active workout videos. I am stronger and in better physical shape than I have been in years even thought I still have 30-40 pounds left to lose. Good luck!
  • IWTBF67
    IWTBF67 Posts: 68 Member
    1poundatax wrote: »
    I am in my 60's. You are doing great to have lost 20 pounds in 2 months. I am losing about 5 pounds a month. I would like to be losing faster but I also know that what I am doing is working for me. I have found that doing Youtube videos helps me to workout on a regular basis. I was going to the gym pre- Covid, but truthfully I was in a rut and not pushing myself to hard. Now I work hard to keep up with the videos. I do Leslie Sansone, Team Body Project, Paul Eugine, Silver Sneakers ane I recently found Renew Active workout videos. I am stronger and in better physical shape than I have been in years even thought I still have 30-40 pounds left to lose. Good luck!

Great info! I do Silver Sneakers but will renew active workouts. I am 68
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Welcome! I'm 65, and lost from obese to healthy weight here a few years back, now maintaining. Twenty pounds in two months is *really fast* loss, great if lots to lose in total. There are some good groups/threads here for meeting people/women more in our age group. These are a couple I like (but there are more):

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up/p1

Wishing you much success!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Welcome! Great to have you here.