Back fat sucks

I know I can’t spot reduce, but my goal for 2021 is to lose most of my back fat. It’s my biggest insecurity and just makes me not want to be seen in public. What are good exercises for this part of the body? I eat 1350 cals a day.

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Also going to say that bras or sports tops - even when they fit correctly - can make it look like you have overspill. Blasted things.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    I can relate! If I could choose where it comes off first I'd be so happy! Lol but the good news is, it will go away. If you want to see slightly faster results, pick up some weights. They dont have to be heavy, you can just do more reps in each set. Muscle helps burn fat faster. I wear tank over my sports bra because my backfat is sitting there laughing at me :D but I'll have the last laugh and one day be able to peel off that tank right off. :smiley:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    All fat sucks (except the critical kind).

As your back fat disappears- and it will- you’ll find some other peice of bodily real estate that sucks to fret over. Rinse and repeat.

I am currently alternately horrified and tickled at a video my trainer took of me doing kettlebells yesterday. Every time I do the push back, a little roll of extra skin pops over my waistband, and then disappears as I swing them forward. It’s hypnotic. It’s Reddit gold if I cared to share.

Just carry on working hard and counting those calories, and I swear, one day you’ll realize, “OMG! My bat wings/second belly roll/wobbling thighs have disappeared!” You’ll go running nekkid from the mirror to share the glorious news, only to be met by a muttered and puzzled,”that’s nice, dear.”

With apologies to the OP for the digression: Have I told you lately how much I love your posts, @springlering62?

OP, I hear what you're saying. At the same time, springlering62 is right: There'll always be something to hate. Why bother?

My granny-esque advice would be to learn to love your body (for what it can do - such great stuff - whatever would you do without it?!) and keep doing more of it. Love the process: Exercising in diverse ways, finding tasty/nourishing things to eat, fine-tuning your life routine to balance health, creativity, social connections, more. Thriving in life, IMO, really wallowing in the enjoyment of it, is over in that direction. Back fat is temporary, and focusing on it is not the most life-affirming option.

Obviously, this is just one li'l ol' lady's opinion. But I sure know what I wish I'd done more of, in earlier years, and less of.

Wishing you great results, however you set your sails!
  • scott_90345
    scott_90345 Posts: 17 Member
    I'd recommend to focus on your diet first, as without diet plays a big role in achieving fitness goals. You can add avocados, leafy greens and sweet potatoes into your diet which are listed here https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-back-fat Toning exercises including lateral raises with dumbbels, rowing and speed bag, often help a lot in losing back fat.
  • nataliepate25
    nataliepate25 Posts: 12 Member
    Well, In the beginning you can do exercises like Squats, Exercises, Mountain Climbers, Boat Pose and burpees.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Squats are more for thighs and glutes, and boat pose for core. Never done mountain climbers or burpees, but seems like they’d be cardio rather than back? But all are good as part of an overall excercise plan. The key is to move it and shake it, and weigh and log.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I think back exercises have smoothed out my back quite a bit. I would recommend back exercises.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Do Sydney Cummings daily workouts on youtube! She focuses hard core on muscle toning. I don't have back fat anymore 👍
    Still working on my Mama pooch 🙈
    LORD JESUS guide 💟
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    I no your pain..I am SO OVER my back fat too,however I'v taken my focus off of it and put 99% of it into weightloss.. calorie deficit, and exercise aand It's WORKING my backfat is MELTING AWAY, but I'll look at it quickly than continue to ignore it, and focus on calorie deficit and moving my body. I do upper backfat targeted dumbell 8Lbs weight exercises 2x per week too but sometimes I don't because I will do other workouts..Hope any of this helps..