Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️ 😊
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,293 Member
    Off to Philly today. 7 hour drive so there won’t be much activity and food will be fast. Have a good day y’all!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Today’s goals are a repeat of yesterday’s, but I’m hoping today will be more productive. Our AC hasn’t been working properly, so the heat and humidity, along with an extremely high pollen count, have really been a drag on my energy levels. Thunderstorms last night cooled things off a bit and brought some much-needed rain, so today should be a good day for gardening.

Wednesday 5/26
    β€’ Log - √
    β€’ Drink more water - √
    β€’ Walk – X
    β€’ Plant another set of gladioli bulbs – X
    β€’ Laundry – X
    β€’ 60 min. for household chores – X

JFT Thursday 5/27
    β€’ Log
    β€’ Drink more water
    β€’ Walk
    β€’ Plant another set of gladioli bulbs
    β€’ Laundry
    β€’ 60 min. for household chores
  • beachwalker99
    @pridesabtch - Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping this weekend goes well. Bring a big pack of tissues and savor the joy of V's special moments. What a unique and fun graduation! I imagine you'll make some wonderful memories.

I've walked a very similar road to the one you're on with your younger daughter, so I know there are no easy ways past the emotional minefield. Your experience with your own mental health issues will help you understand and advocate for your daughter, but it may also make you more vulnerable in your role as her parent. And it's exhausting to juggle everyone's needs at home without dropping the ball at work. Parents and caregivers need and deserve support too. I wish I'd understood that sooner. During my son's third hospitalization, my husband and I eventually landed in a 12-week family support program that helped us start working through some of our toughest issues. Talking with other parents, particularly dads, was a game-changer for my husband who is used to being "mighty." After the program, I went back to my therapist for a while to work through my own conflicting emotions and the impact of my son's illness on my relationships. It took a while, but it helped a lot.

I hope you can get the support you need to take care of yourself while you are supporting those you love. It does get better <3
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hi, I am late to the party but would love to join in on this Just for Today thread! It seems like a friendly and supportive place here!

A little intro: I'm Christie, 34, an Aussie accountant who works at a gold mine in a small rural town, married for almost 13 years, with a toddler at home who is almost 2.5 now. Hubby is the stay at home parent and I work full time. We love our life here, and are thinking of adding to our family soon (we need to do IVF) so as well as wanting to be as healthy as I can for that process, I am also wanting to set a good example of healthy living for my son!

I have a lot of weight to lose, but I've lost around 12kg (over 25 lbs) so far so I know I can do it!

JFT Friday 28/05
    • 60 mins exercise
    • 7,000+ steps
    • Fold a basket of laundry
    • Eat two serves of fruit

I hope being in this group helps me to focus on what I need to do to stay on track!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Nearly the weekend again, after just two days! I like very long weekends and corresponding short weeks.

Weighed in this morning, I had gained a pound on the holiday which in the grand scheme of things is not bad. I want to lose that by my next weigh in and then actually start losing weight, enough is enough. We don't have any holidays planned until probably late August now so that should make it easier.

We have a bank holiday weekend coming up but unfortunately aren't really going to be able to do anything with it as Olivier is quarantining. We will have to make some fun plans for things to do inside instead I think, so we don't go mad and kill each other.
    Log everything I eat :)
    Be in the green :smile:
    Drink 4 bottles water :smiley:
    Get 5,000 steps :smile:
    Prepare speech :smile:
    Do food shop :smile:

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be within maintenance
    Drink 4 bottles water
    Go for run
    Make fun plans for weekend
    [/quote]

It's a bit quiet on this forum since I came back from holiday, I hope everyone is ok.

@Bex953172 I hope the new meds are starting to work and that you're feeling a bit better. Also hope the girls are being kind to you while you're not on top form!

@pridesabtch I feel for you with your oldest leaving for college, that must be tough. My mum always cried a little when I went back to university - she never wanted me to see but she always had a wateriness in her eyes which gave it away. She adjusted well though and these days we have a great relationship where we regularly speak and see each other but also enjoy having our own space. I am sure it will be similar or better for you as you have such a great relationship with your girls.
    With your youngest, it must be hard seeing her go through her problems but I think she is so lucky to have a mum who understands what she's going through. When I was younger various friends had problems and hurt themselves and from what they said their parents just didn't understand and that made it really difficult. You do understand and whilst that will make it difficult for you it will make it easier for her I think. Just make sure you are taking care of yourself and getting support yourself as you try to support her.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 27 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ↔️ 😊

@TwistedSassette welcome to the JFT thread. 🐝
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 28 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬆️ 😊. The result of choosing not to be in the green but I’m below my trigger weight so it’s fine.

Time to get moving, the cat who spent all last night disturbing me is now sleeping!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    edited May 2021
    πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•

1ab0b6aigwla.jpg

πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•
    junvcst8ep2b.jpg
    πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ… Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 β€”>22.6 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 6/7

🌷Positive intentions for Fri 28 May:
    • Meditation 🌷
    • Weigh/post weight 🌷
    • Decluttering
    • Crafting
    • Laundry - sort and store
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Keep up to date with email 🌷
    • Daily goals update 🌷

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS
    (7 March β€”->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: I ~|~ ME: 27

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited May 2021
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Lunch at school.
    2. Pit Crew: Chill. Check in with everyone about classes.
    3. Classes: Input forgiveness grades. Input bonus points.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Take the green checklist.
    6. Afternoon: Check in on MFP. 1 hour Clois. LIBRARY - World Lit options; Facebook replies. Scripts!
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Livestream.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office. (Start Memorial Day Weekend?)
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Done with late grading. So close to being finished with the year that I've started making plans for the summer.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • beachwalker99
    edited May 2021
    Got my laundry done yesterday, but didn’t make much progress on my chore list. My teaching load is still pretty heavy since my summer college courses overlap with the last few weeks of my high school college readiness classes and tutoring. I’ve been prioritizing work for the classes, so at least the grading isn’t piling up. I’ve got two more really hectic weeks, but then work will start to wind down a bit. Still, I really need to get the house and garden in order. The forecast for the holiday weekend is mostly cool and rainy, so maybe I can tackle a few of those chores.

I finally seem to be getting back into the logging routine, and just that little bit of accountability has really helped me make better choices this week. I’m paying more attention to portion sizes and eating fewer snacks. Of course, the weekend is always a challenge. I don’t want to have to hit the reset button again on Monday, so I’m hoping that little bit of motivation keeps me on track.

Wishing all of you a good weekend, whatever your plans are <3

Thursday 5/27
    β€’ Log - √
    β€’ Drink more water - √
    β€’ Walk – X
    β€’ Plant another set of gladioli bulbs – X
    β€’ Laundry - √
    β€’ 60 min. for household chores – 50%

JFT Friday 5/27
    β€’ Log
    β€’ Drink more water
    β€’ Set up practice tests for college readiness classes
    β€’ Get something done in the garden before the rain moves in
    β€’ Straighten house for the weekend

@TwistedSassette - Welcome! This is a good group.
    @clicketykeys - Glad to hear you're nearing the finish line! Hang in there! Also, I'm intrigued by your reference to "forgiveness grades." Are these make-ups for missing assignments or something else?
    @bookmeister86 - Bummer about the quarantine, but I'm glad you had a good holiday last week. I think many of us have been struggling to get back on track. Let's hope we can all give each other a boost.
    @TerriRichardson112 - Love your photo - it does indeed inspire hope, along with strength and persistence. Thank you for this gentle reminder :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @Bex953172 I hope the new meds are starting to work and that you're feeling a bit better. Also hope the girls are being kind to you while you're not on top form!

They're actually working great. Still some odd side affects but non of the sickness anymore.
    I feel so much more alert, a lot more energetic, A lot more focused.
    I'm actually busy all day that for once I actually feel like a proper mum. I used to just sit around doing nothing at all. Literally nothing, just sat.
    But now I get up and clean things and do little jobs that aren't part of the daily routine.

The downside is that I don't seem to settle down at night time
    My body's tired but it's still raring to go so it makes me feel restless and jittery sonit takes me a while to fall asleep. But I wake and get up okay so it's a bearable side affect

I'm surprised how quickly they've worked. I was honestly losing hope as I've tried about 5 different ones.
    But feeling good πŸ˜„ feeling happy ☺️

The girls havent been the best when I was ill. But they didn't understand so I don't blame them.

I think my favourite thing is that I can do more with them.
    Before I tended to everything they needed. Now I can tend to the things they want as well as need ☺️
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,530 Member
    Thanks for the welcomes 😁

JFT Friday 28/05
    • 60 mins exercise βœ…
    • 7,000+ steps βœ…
    • Fold a basket of laundry ❌
    βœ…

I just didn’t get around to folding clothes last night!

JFT Thursday 29/05
    • 45 mins exercise
    • 7,000+ steps
    • Design one cookie embosser
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Run at park?
    2. Read for half an hour. Update ongoing plans!
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Finish World Lit stories.
    4. Notes for ch 15 P&P. Finish P&P script. Shoot tomorrow.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Check in on MFP.
    7. Evening: Clois action scene. Dinner: Bibimbap?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office. (Start Memorial Day Weekend?)
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today went well. Grades are in. I feel really good about what I've accomplished. I'm excited about a new course I'm developing. The weekend is supposed to be beautiful.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
    [/quote]

@beachwalker99 - I told students that they could send me an email requesting me to drop one of their lowest assessment grades and two of their lowest classwork grades; the subject line HAD to say "Forgiveness."
  • beachwalker99
    Dreary holiday weekend with rain forecast through Monday morning. Trying to find the motivation to get some household chores done, but I honestly just want to curl up under a blanket, drink tea, and binge-watch something. Maybe I just need a day off.

Friday 5/27
    β€’ Log - √
    β€’ Drink more water - √
    β€’ Set up practice tests for college readiness classes – 50%
    β€’ Get something done in the garden before the rain moves in – X
    β€’ Straighten house for the weekend – 50%

JFT Saturday 5/28
    β€’ Log
    β€’ Do one chore before the end of the day
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is doing well and having a great day!

I don't have time to catch up on reading right now, because I'm about to walk out the door, but if I don't post some goals now I know I won't get it done again today. I have to go back and read from page 99!

Just for Saturday:
    • 24H Plan and Assess, journal what goes in my mouth and close MFP diary at the end of the day
    • Only eat when hungry. Stop when I've had "enough", not FULL. Pay attention to Hunger Signals.
    • 64+ oz water
    • 15+ minutes activity (non-impact)
    • 15 minutes declutter - Set timer and stick to it. Toss, donate, unsure boxes.
    • Cut out fabric squares at mom's

Word of the Month: Determined.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 28 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh. 😊 Trend ⬆️ 😊. The result of choosing not to be in the green but I’m below my trigger weight so it’s fine.

Time to get moving, the cat who spent all last night disturbing me is now sleeping!

Saturday escaped and I failed to post any goals. They’d have been the same as always and I’ve met them 😊. Weight trend is ↔️ today
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member

Just for Saturday:
    • 24H Plan and Assess, journal what goes in my mouth and close MFP diary at the end of the day :)
    • Only eat when hungry. Stop when I've had "enough", not FULL. Pay attention to Hunger Signals. :)
    • 64+ oz water :#
    • 15+ minutes activity (non-impact) :)
    • 15 minutes declutter - Set timer and stick to it. Toss, donate, unsure boxes. :)Decluttered desk area
    • Cut out fabric squares at mom's :)

Hi everyone! Embarrassed to say I have not gone back and caught up on how everyone is and what's going on yet. I hopped on the computer to read and went down the rabbit hole with YouTube quilting videos instead.

Husband is outside cleaning out our boat, so I'm hoping we can take it out for a little ride today. It's not a fancy boat, just a small aluminum fishing boat, but I love being by or on the water so I love it! Maybe we will even get to go fishing next week. Fingers crossed!

Hope all is well. I will check back later. Have a wonderful Sunday! <3

Just for Sunday:
    • 24H Plan and Assess, journal what goes in my mouth and close MFP diary at the end of the day
    • Only eat when hungry. Stop when I've had "enough", not FULL. Pay attention to Hunger Signals.
    • 64+ oz water
    • 15+ minutes activity (non-impact)
    • 15 minutes declutter - Set timer and stick to it. Toss, donate, unsure boxes.
    • Spend time in sewing room.

Word of the Month: Determined.

• beachwalker99
    Another day of unrelenting rain and chilly temperatures. Perhaps it's appropriate for the somber Memorial Day holiday. Still, I can't help but feel for the beach-town business owners who were looking for a strong start to the summer season. And I think we're all looking for a summer that feels a little more normal. I think we're finally moving in that direction.

Keeping goals simple today.

Saturday 5/29
    β€’ Log - :)
    β€’ Do one chore before the end of the day - :)

JFT Saturday 5/30
    β€’ Log
    β€’ Do one chore before the end of the day
  • beachwalker99
    @clicketykeys - Glad to hear your grades are in!!! Hope you can enjoy some well-deserved time to relax. I like your idea for forgiveness grades. I usually drop a couple of HW grades and sometimes redistribute assignment weights, but I like that your plan makes students accountable.

@Bex953172 - So glad to hear your meds are working out and that you're feeling better and are able to be more engaged.