• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Sept 20
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

Iโ€™m struggling to come back daily because I feel bad if I donโ€™t catch up with everyone. I think Iโ€™ll try to at least make my goals each day and comment when I can. I do read everyday!

The Voice is back tonight. So happy to get music shows back!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Run? Pack shoes for run after school if not.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch. Dr. appt. Wed. Email CVs home.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check math section and update grades; enter. Check on research project; final results?
    4. Pit Crew: Read Concrete Rose. Call parents/guardians. Read Quicksand.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Phone calls???
    6. English Class: Comment on student posts on Goodreads. Enter Cheating. Reply to emails. Write late work script.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois. Send deficiency reports.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Rose) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I am tired and discouraged.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    I had to share this. I donโ€™t use these excuses but I found it a little funny.
    qo2l9pqc231j.jpeg

Love this .. and SO me! My downfall always starts around halloween!

Oh .. and please do not feel you have to comment on here. I am the same way .. somedays I am lucky if I find time just to post a few goals and that it is.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm going to draw a line under yesterday and not even report back. I didn't do well, I didn't eat proper meals and just snacked so don't know how many calories. I have a lot more to do today so planning to stay busy and eat properly. I think right now I need to concentrate more on feeling positive rather than counting calories, that will come when I feel like I'm coping better.

JFT Tuesday 21st

Eat proper meals
    Only one snack
    Mow lawn
    Visit care home
    Get stuff done
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    JFT 09/21 (Tues)
    - Up by 7:30
    - Vitamins & B.C.
    - Walk dogs
    - Dishes
    - 64 oz of water
    - 10,000 steps/5 flights
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Clean bedroom
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Screens off 10:30/Bed 11:00
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Monday 9/20
    Log :)
    Stay in the green for calories and sodium :)
    Water :)
    Walk :)
    Grading :(

JFT Tuesday 9/21
    Log
    Stay in the green for calories and sodium
    Water
    Walk
    Grading
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch Before I forget again, I love your new profile pic with your hubby. You look very cute!

@Snowflake1968 I rarely have time to comment on JFT. I'm between work deadlines right now & have some free time in the office. I do read all the posts daily (or catch up if I miss a few days). I'm one of those people that hit Like/Hug a lot. I feel like JFT is my little online family.

Recap M 9/20
    1) Walked dog 4.12 mi before work, unusually warm (& a little muggy) for the last week of summer :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (track in Exercise Notes on MFP) :/ not so much
    3) Net cals zero (be present in the present) / 14c water :smiley: very pleased with green 122 & 13c even sodium wasn't horrible
    4) Make cucumber salad :) / put away clean shirts :neutral: some / wash dishes :neutral: some / another ta-da :)
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/6

JFT T 9/21
    1) Walked dog 4.21 mi before work, saw bunnies, squirrels & chipmunks out & about :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (track in Exercise Notes on MFP)
    3) Mexican restaurant for dinner ~ log best I can / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Boil eggs / wash dishes / put away clean shirts / fill jugs from rain barrel
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Tonight, due to extenuating circumstances, my friend Peg & I are celebrating my Oct. bday early by going to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. My goals are: not eat all the tortilla chips before dinner, limit 1 adult beverage & preview menu/prelog my choice. Enjoy her company, it's not all about the food.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday, September 17:
    1. 8 C water :)
    2. eat a salad :)
    3. do at least one mini-workout (15 minutes) :(
    4. do at least one self-care activity :) halfway did my toes...should finish that!
    5. more food preservation...canning and drying! :smiley: dried pears and peaches, canned a BUNCH more tomatoes

Had a migraine all weekend, worked Sunday, so swamped at work yesterday that I did not have time to set goals, take any of my breaks or take lunch. Hoping that today is less crazy!

JFT, Tuesday, Sept. 21:
    1. 8 C water
    2. eat a salad
    3. do at least one mini-workout (15 minutes)
    4. do at least one self-care activity
    5. go for walk after work
    6. do some housecleaning

WFTY: Shine

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,582 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - Eating out can be hard! Good luck!
    @Snowflake1968 - Love the cartoon -- always ready for the next eating opportunity!

JFT for 9/21
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar desserts
    2) No peanut butter today (last 9/17)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 9/23
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts
    5) No hard cheese today
    6) Lunch <= 600 calories
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think I've only just recovered from the hell that was Thursday-Saturday. Between my exhaustion/overstimulated fueled breakdown while 30 minutes from home to incredibly busy days at work to Matt's many doctor appts. It took the first 3 days of my vacation to actually feel rested.

But at least I now have 8 more days to enjoy! Lol.

Okay, onto some goals! Lol

JFT, 9/21/21
    - up by 10 am ๐Ÿ›‘ 11:30 but I'm okay with that
    - morning meds โœ…
    - mindful coffee ๐Ÿ˜‘ A few sips I guess. I realized that I make crappy coffee. It's not as good as when Matt makes it
    - Quiet time โœ…
    - do the dishes โœ… the first load so far. I'll do the next one this evening.
    - update JFT โœ…
    - clean out the car
    - CALL ANDREA!
    - go over financials
    - mindfully eat
    - grill chicken for dinner
    - take a nap if I feel like it
    - spend time with Matt
    - 6 pm/pm meds
    - teeth
    - lists
    - bed by 1am
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - calories over for lunch, but now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Still need to have dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hour commitment - just had dinner, now I won't eat again until tomorrow.

review of JFT for 9/21
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar desserts โœ”๏ธ
    2) No peanut butter today (last 9/17) โœ”๏ธ
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 9/23 โœ”๏ธ
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts โœ”๏ธ
    5) No hard cheese today โœ”๏ธ
    6) Lunch <= 600 calories - over some

JFT for 9/22 (tomorrow)
    1) Desserts ok
    2) Peanut butter ok
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 9/23
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Sept 20
    1.5L of water - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Log all food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Arm something - ๐Ÿค”. I half A$$ed it

JFT - Tuesday Sept 21
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

Thanks Joan. Iโ€™ll keep trying. I miss you guys!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 21st

Eat proper meals yes
    Only one snack 3!
    Mow lawn I just ran out of time
    Visit care home yes
    Get stuff done some of it

Did my best yesterday but ran out of time to do some things. I live alone, but family seems to take up a lot of time. Even the 15 minute test to get in to the care home took 40 minutes yesterday, just a combination of delays. I really wanted to mow the lawn, last dry day for a while, but it was getting dark before I was free. So it's still on the list.

I don't know what goals to have today, it's the first day of my all day baby sitting. I just hope the day goes okay, he's an unhappy child right now.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    I'm going to draw a line under yesterday and not even report back. I didn't do well, I didn't eat proper meals and just snacked so don't know how many calories. I have a lot more to do today so planning to stay busy and eat properly. I think right now I need to concentrate more on feeling positive rather than counting calories, that will come when I feel like I'm coping better.

JFT Tuesday 21st

Eat proper meals
    Only one snack
    Mow lawn
    Visit care home
    Get stuff done

Hey, I wanted to reply to this yesterday but I was so busy!!
    I've always found that if my head's not in the right place then I don't do well at all. And if anything I feel worse because my already simple goals seem unachievable.
    Definitely take care of you first and like you say, the rest will follow!
    *Hugs!*
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT - Monday Sept 20
    1.5L of water - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Log all food - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Walk 15 minutes - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Arm something - ๐Ÿค”. I half A$$ed it

JFT - Tuesday Sept 21
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

Thanks Joan. Iโ€™ll keep trying. I miss you guys!

Hey, I wanted to reply to you yesterday. Don't ever feel guilty!! You know what were all like, we know times get busy and just seeing you here posting goals is enough for me. It's better than dropping off radar completely :) so we wouldn't think badly of you if you couldn't respond to posts as much!

Xxx
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT, Friday, September 17:
    1. 8 C water :)
    2. eat a salad :)
    3. do at least one mini-workout (15 minutes) :(
    4. do at least one self-care activity :) halfway did my toes...should finish that!
    5. more food preservation...canning and drying! :smiley: dried pears and peaches, canned a BUNCH more tomatoes

Had a migraine all weekend, worked Sunday, so swamped at work yesterday that I did not have time to set goals, take any of my breaks or take lunch. Hoping that today is less crazy!

JFT, Tuesday, Sept. 21:
    1. 8 C water
    2. eat a salad
    3. do at least one mini-workout (15 minutes)
    4. do at least one self-care activity
    5. go for walk after work
    6. do some housecleaning

WFTY: Shine

My partner gets migraines all the time. The doctor very recently prescribed him a tablet which gets rid of them pretty quickly. Sumatripan or something like that.
    If you suffer often it might be something worth looking into because I've seen how awful they can be!

Good to see you back!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap T 9/21
    1) Walked dog 4.21 mi before work, saw bunnies, squirrels & chipmunks out & about :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (track in Exercise Notes on MFP) :neutral: things happened at work that did not allow, but then I hauled two boxes of records so there's that
    3) Mexican restaurant for dinner ~ log best I can / net cals zero / 14c water :) satisfied w/ myself at dinner: helped that I ate skyr late afternoon & I was not famished at restaurant, shared jumbo margarita w/ my friend, also drank water & did not eat all the tortilla chips in basket or rice on my plate. Guesstimated for my log, net cals -179 & 11c
    4) Boil eggs / wash dishes / put away clean shirts / fill jugs from rain barrel = 2/4
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app no need / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 3/6

JFT W 9/22
    1) Walked dog 3.65 mi before work :smiley: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (track in Exercise Notes)
    3) Meals prelogged already ~ stick w/ plan / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Wash towels / boil eggs / wash dishes / phone somebody (C, L or m&d) / another ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    :blush:Hello All!! :blush:

Sorry I have been MIA most of this month. Just a little update: I had my female surgery on Sept 7. The procedure went well and recovery has been, well recovery. Lol!! I have learned my household does not do well with regular tasks when I am down and out, Lol!! At least that just goes to show me, they need me! Lol!! Well, I am getting back to normal slightly as I am just 2 weeks post-op. I am going to make an attempt to get back to my daily JFT. Thank you all for the kind messages, comments, and support along this journey!! <3

Welcome to the newcomers!! I will give an intro / re-intro for everyone, as I am not completely sure if I have done so this time around. I am MLHC1 from Texas!! I am a mother of 4 adventurous boys, 3 lovable St. Bernards, 1 new rescue doggie has joined our crew this last two weeks (lol!!), my hubby is a business owner, and finally, I am a student pursuing a medical degree (currently prepping for the MCAT). I am on a journey to obtain a healthy lifestyle without fad diets and maintaining an overall sustainable exercise routine. Life events derail my journey occasionally (as so this month with surgery) but I try to "jump" back in. Feel free to send me a friend request if you are interested, oftentimes I can be more motivating and encouraging with the status feed; however, I try to stay current with JFT as well! :D

Wednesday 9/22/2021 JFT:

- AM Kiddo Routine
    - Homeschool Session
    - MCAT Study Session (review / reorganize material; 1-EOC Note Card prep)
    - Lunchtime: MFP log / JFT post, & Household Misc.
    - PM Medical Appt
    - Home: Yoga and 1-DVD
    - PM Kiddo Routine
    - Gym: NC Tennis, MLC Exercise, CC Exercise, & ZC Tennis
    - Church โ€“ Youth Groups
    - Dinner, etc