Replies

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member
    JFT 1/17 SUN:

Meal prep for the week❌
    Work on tax stuff❌
    Look over ads for 2nd job😑❌
    Meet step goal❌

Did not meet any goals. A friend called and shared some bad news, we stayed on the phone for hours. It was nice because I miss my friend. However, the bad news left me defeated for the day. Some days it's just hard to accomplish things😔 The scale is moving in the right direction so that's good👍

JFT 1/18 MON:

Call vet
    Look over job ads
    Tax stuff
    Log

Hope everyone has a strong start to the week♥️
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    @littleblackskirt -- those are great goals! I have the day off, and will try to do the same today with my wife.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @teigansdad sending you hugs, the death of a much loved pet is hard.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 17 January

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    Monday 18 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

I think I’m turning into a sloth - I really don’t feel like doing anything remotely energetic. My husband has suggested a walk around the bay later today. It’s cold and wet - I won’t see anything with rain on my glasses and I won’t see much more without my glasses 👿
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Sunday Jan 17
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water - :/
    Log all food - :/

JFT - Monday Jan 18
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

@mytime6630 - Doesn't your daughter work in long term care, does she get the vaccination through work? Will your hubby allow her in the house once she receives it? I don't know what to suggest for killing her boredom if she is not interested in crafts. Crafts save my sanity, maybe she could do some research on crafts that she might like to learn? It doesn't help with the social aspect of health though and I think she needs it. I'm sorry your husband is being so strict about this even though I understand his concern. Would she be willing to stop going to the gym and work for 2 weeks so she could come visit with you?

@bex953172 - I thought the new "rule" was not to clean ears. I haven't for years, other than use a tissue over my finger and around the ear canal, not in. I was taught that by my doctor when my girls were little.

My pain level is high again today, I really need to get the physio booked and will work on that today.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member

JFT Sunday
    - Online church ✅
    - Wrap presents✅
    - Help kids make dinner✅
    - Celebrate hubby’s BDay✅
    - Help kid with math without strangling her.✅
    - log everything✅
    - Stay within maintenance✅
    - 2 sodas (lunch & dinner) water for all other - need a little detox.✅
    - Nap✅
    - Ride❌ Nap was much longer than planned.

Yesterday was a very lazy day. Today is starting much the same. I have the day off and slept in until 11:00am. I never do that. Nothing really planned for today.

JFT Monday

- sleep in
    - Log everything
    - Stay green

WFY Forgiveness (self)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Missed hopping on yesterday. My BIL is here visiting from TX. It's nice to have someone here! Haven't had the kids over in almost a year and it's really getting old. Missing my family a lot!

@cschmitz110515 Hey! Yes that was an awesome game! Whoop Whoop! I was watching fireworks at the stadium from our deck out back. So exciting! Now we need to win again next week... Something fun to look forward to!

@mytime6630 Hi Joan. I'm sorry your daughter is having such a hard time. It's so tough for everyone so I can't imagine how lonely she must be feeling. Does she like to read? Or do jigsaw puzzles? Those are two things that take me away to another world... Paint? Maybe some oil paints and canvases with some nice music? I see you are reading Simple Abundance...this is my 3rd year of re-reading it. LOL! I find it gives me a sense of peace and different ideas and ways to look at things. How are your flower seeds doing? I've been thinking of starting some also! Great minds... Do you have them in a sunny window? Or do you have a light over them?

@Bex953172 Glad to see you on here! How's your new house? Liking where you are? My husband said his doc told him never to put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear....so I get lectured for using QTips all the time! Hope it clears up for you soon!

@teigansdad I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog! They are family and they leave such a large hole in our heart. I don't think I've ever gone more than a year before getting another one because I hate the lonely feeling when I walk in the house any my dog doesn't come to greet me.

I know there were more things I wanted to comment on, but they are escaping my brain right now!

Just for Today:
    • NoBS 24H Daily Plan & Assess
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit).
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Podcasts: Joyce Meyer / No BS / Half Size Me / Read the Bible in One Year
    • 30 minutes of low knee impact activity: Leslie Sansone, Body Groove, light hand weights, beginner/chair Yoga, take my buddy for a walk, Tai Chi, treadmill. PICK ONE!
    • Visit mom and perhaps sew a bit.
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss and then no eating.
    • Update and close MFP Food diary.
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, daily readings from Joyce Meyer and Simple Abundance. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30.

Mantra 2021: Slow and steady wins the race. Be intentional in your actions.

To-Do's:
    • Pay Bills
    • Adjust Budget for February
    • Birthday Cards for Aidan, Kelly, Terry
    • Shred mom's papers for her
    • Pick up M's "food" ingredients and make a batch
    • Go through clothing in basement - toss / donate / keep
    • Send Matt letter
    • Research self-employment ideas
    • Make Dr appt for knees
    • Upload info for medical ins.
    • Call DWD WUI
    • Mop
    • Dust
    • Laundry
    • Vision Board Live Training on Replay
    • Make vision board
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    @teigansdad I’m so sorry for your loss. Those dogs certainly attach to our hearts. Hugs from WV.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    JFT recommit to goals ,take a walk as always KISS 😘
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    JFT - Sunday Jan 17
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water - :/
    Log all food - :/

JFT - Monday Jan 18
    Scale 200.2
    1L of water
    Log all food

@mytime6630 - Doesn't your daughter work in long term care, does she get the vaccination through work? Will your hubby allow her in the house once she receives it? I don't know what to suggest for killing her boredom if she is not interested in crafts. Crafts save my sanity, maybe she could do some research on crafts that she might like to learn? It doesn't help with the social aspect of health though and I think she needs it. I'm sorry your husband is being so strict about this even though I understand his concern. Would she be willing to stop going to the gym and work for 2 weeks so she could come visit with you?

@bex953172 - I thought the new "rule" was not to clean ears. I haven't for years, other than use a tissue over my finger and around the ear canal, not in. I was taught that by my doctor when my girls were little.

My pain level is high again today, I really need to get the physio booked and will work on that today.

Yeah you're right lol, I was taught not to put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear? Lmao don't know why an elbow.

I don't even know WHY I did it, I just wasn't thinking at all, I can't even give anyone a reason as to why I thought it was a good idea lmao
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2021
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: TQT. Mark Es and make recommendations. Input green grades for 4th; check target grades.
    3. Classes: Lesson - Topic vs thesis. Review "Laws" essays and identify controlling idea. Choose quotes. Homework for Thursday: Read & respond to "Curiosity" articles.
    4. Planning: Grade classwork. Stretch. Philosophy of ed. Read and notes for ch 16-17 P&P. CALL NP.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Pick up meds and library book. LIBRARY - The Mystery of Mrs. Christie (Benedict).
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Chicken? Pizza? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters OR setting up FB post.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 191.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Did not meet my run goal today. I was (and am) so TIRED.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] Total weight loss: 81

January Daily Goals: Week 3
    Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅4/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 4/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 4/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 4/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 4/7
    Positive intentions for Mon 18
    Positive intentions for Tue:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Zoom meeting- Financial advisor
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 2 'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing
    • Keep up to date with email

Active Rest Day

Terri 🦄
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited January 2021
    JFT, Mon, 1/18
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :) -- other than tonite I grabbed a handful of marshmallows .. but at least I stopped at ONE handful! Drinking my water, and sewing the rest of the nite!
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. read simple abundance :)
    5. work on quilt top :) -- doing that now
    6. work on tax for business. Its a holiday, so won't be able to find out if the problem was fixed though. :) Got most everything ready .. hoping tomorrow I hear from the state and to get the mix-up corrected!
    7. go for a walk. Have not gone out walking for 2 days becuase of snow/ice. Hoping so much to have sunshine! :) I went out for 2 walks today .. it was 40 degrees, and beautiful. Its amazing what fresh air can do ... I walked with a friend for 90 minutes -- 4 miles, than went out before dinner and walked with another friend. There is nothing like good friends and fresh air to lift the stress. We keep our distance when walking .. they on the sidewalk.. me on the street. Luckly I live in a quiet subdivision .. not much traffic
    8. brush teeth at 8 -- only water :) Brushed my teeth .. but I still ate the marshmallows. No more though!

JFT, Tues 1/19
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on water
    4. help hubby with shipping
    5. work on quilt top -- one more border to add
    6. go for a walk
    7. water in the evening. brush teeth at 8... no more snacking!

@HealthyTrent -- you are doing amazing! It was great how you got right back on track after going off with your calories! The soup sounds really good.

@Snowflake1968 -- I have tried so many crafts for my daughter .. painting, yarn for crochet or knitting, adult color books, and just now I bought her some quilling. She does like to read, so that helps. But she does not like TV.. does not play games on her ipad. I told her she has to try and help herself more, and really work hard at finding things to do. We do see her EVERY nite.. .. I have the garage set up with a heater, 3 chairs, and a rug laid down, so it really has not been bad in that way .. we do see her often and visit. But I know she just wants to come in the house .. just to be around people. We can't trust her if she tells us she does not go places. We were letting her in the house, until she accidently let it slip that there was a positive covid case where she works. So that is why hubby is so scared. In a way, she has grown up a lot .... there will be a day where this home will not be here for her to come to. So we are hoping this will help her in others ways as well ... more independence, and not relying on us to always be there... but as a mom... its is hard.

@PackerFanInGB -- I am doing "winter sowing". This is my first year to try this. You take a milk jug .. cut it in half, and plant seeds in it. Tape it shut, and put it outside. The milk jug acts like a little greenhouse, and snow, rain, etc waters it until when the seeds are ready to start growing early march.(look up winter sowing .. tons of youtube videos on it) So we'll see if it works.Hubby also got me some grow lites and a heat mat .. so I am going to attempt to grow some inside also. I have visions of a beautiful, cut flower garden next year. But ... I told a friend, I will probably do all this work, and plant them.. and the deer will chew them down to the ground! We have as many as 15 deer in our backyard at times!

• shenna333
    shenna333 Posts: 100 Member

JFT 1/18 MON:

Call vet✅
    Look over job ads❌
    Tax stuff❌
    Log✅

I tell you, anymore, I just don't accomplish things until it is absolutely necessary. Procrastination to the Nth... Came home, kicked back to watch news and scroll FB, fell asleep and literally slept for 10 hours. On a Monday. Felt great. And feeling fortunate I can even do that! Feel a high calorie week coming on.

JFT 1/19 TUES:

Seriously think about food choices
    TAX STUFF
    JOB STUFF

Have a great day!❤️