Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Wednesday 20 January

Log ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Stay in the green ๐Ÿ˜Š
    5 fruit and veg ๐Ÿ‘ฟ I meant to make a salad and Iโ€™d almost finished dinner when I remembered .......
    Water ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Fitbit exercise goals ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โ†”๏ธ

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 21 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โ†”๏ธ

We are predicted sleet for much of the day and waiting in for the delivery of our kitchen counter tops so I guess itโ€™s indoor exercise again today. Shifting the counter tops may count as weight lifting as we donโ€™t know how much help we will have from the delivery team. We will soon have taken delivery of all the parts for our new kitchen but I have no idea when it will be installed. Covid restrictions mean we lost our slot in the installers diary. We are not looking elsewhere as we like the quality of his work. Our B and B is closed so we have everything stored in a guest bedroom.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Thankful Thursday. Make recommendations.
    3. Classes: Grammar practice: Compound and complex sentences. Lesson: Past tense vs. present tense. Begin "Laws" essay.
    4. Planning: Grade homeworks. Stretch. Philosophy of ed. Read and notes for ch 17-18 P&P.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run? WRITE POSTCARDS.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: BBQ. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters OR setting up FB post.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I can tell that I'm trying to do too much. I haven't made any progress on my philosophy of ed, nor on the episode 4 script, and while I've read well past where I need to be for Pride and Prejudice, the notes are slow.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wednesday goals

Stay green...
    Zwift workoutโœ…
    No beerโœ…
    No candyโœ…
    No cookieโœ…
    Pull upsโœ…
    Push-upsโŒ

Thursday goals
    (Hit refresh)
    Stay green...
    Zwift workout
    No beer
    No candy
    No cookie
    Pull ups
    Push-ups

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Good day on Wednesday

For Wednesday:

-I'm grateful for the many experiences I've enjoyed in my life. Been thinking of my in - laws who passed r and 5 years ago. They treated us to several Hawaii trips and the first to Oahu and Maui was full of memories.
    -1800 calories and get my weekly averaged under 1900: 1850, shade over. Have to start my weeks strong to avoid chasing the average the rest of the week
    -Work out for 80 minutes:92 92 minutes including a 53 minute, 2.27 mile treadmill walk
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Eat dinner at the table: Done
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Done
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Done with big project completed
    -Read one book chapter in bed: Done

For Thursday

- I'm grateful for my father on many fronts. Today it's the values he taught me in regards to providing for his family. He traveled heavily and while we were far from rich we never went without. He taught me to get up and go to work, that there was a greater responsibility beyond my own needs.
    - 1850 calories and get my weekly average under 1900:
    - Work out for 80 minutes:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    - Read one book chapter in bed:

• mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I will try my best to avoid dead ends..
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Thursday 21 January

Log ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Stay in the green ๐Ÿ˜Š
    5 fruit and veg ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Water ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Fitbit exercise goals ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โ†”๏ธ

We are predicted sleet for much of the day and waiting in for the delivery of our kitchen counter tops so I guess itโ€™s indoor exercise again today. Shifting the counter tops may count as weight lifting as we donโ€™t know how much help we will have from the delivery team. We will soon have taken delivery of all the parts for our new kitchen but I have no idea when it will be installed. Covid restrictions mean we lost our slot in the installers diary. We are not looking elsewhere as we like the quality of his work. Our B and B is closed so we have everything stored in a guest bedroom.

The counter tops didnโ€™t arrive, the haulage company underestimated the journey time. They should be here tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜Š.
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    recap JFT Wednesday 1/20
    Log food/activity :smile:
    Walk 15 min at lunch, and 45-60 min after work - Did not walk at lunch, did walk 45 min in the evening.
    Drink 80+ oz :disappointed:
    Go to bed by 10pm, wake up at 6am and walk 1st thing :disappointed:
    Stick to my pre-logged food choices :disappointed:

JFT Thursday 1/21
    Let's keep it simple - trying to reset... having a rough week.
    Log food/activity
    Eat 1500 cal or less
    Hit my minimum step goal for stepbet (8k)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer questions from WW. Make recommendations.
    3. Classes: Grammar practice: Compound and complex sentences. Lesson: Problems with "Laws" essays
    4. Planning: Grade homeworks. MEETINGS. Stretch. Philosophy of ed. Read and notes for ch 19-20 P&P.
    5. Lunch: Leftovers. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run? WRITE POSTCARDS.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: ??? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Pester S about sending emails for characters OR setting up FB post.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Notes are still slow and so is my running. Ugh. Where did my evening go???
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    โ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธ
    โ„๏ธโ›„๏ธJANUARY โ›„๏ธโ„๏ธ
    โ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธ
    January 2021
    ๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] Total weight loss: 82

January Daily Goals: Week 3
    Fri: โœ… Sat: โœ… Sun: โœ… Mon: โœ…
    Tue: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: โœ…
    1. Weight < 150: โœ…6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green โœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 โœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 6/7
    Positive intentions for Wed 20/ Thu21: โœ…
    Positive intentions for Fri 22:
    • Meditation โœ…
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Laundry
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Ch 3 'Travels with Charlie, John Steinbeck ongoing
    • Keep up to date with email โœ…

Just motoring along at the minute.

Terri ๐Ÿฆ„

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 22 January

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โ†”๏ธ
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Solid day

For Thursday

- I'm grateful for my father on many fronts. Today it's the values he taught me in regards to providing for his family. He traveled heavily and while we were far from rich we never went without. He taught me to get up and go to work, that there was a greater responsibility beyond my own needs.
    - 1850 calories and get my weekly average under 1900:1847
    - Work out for 80 minutes: 87 including a 48 minute, 2.51 mile outdoor walk. Only the second day in January that I've been able to walk outside
    - Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    - Eat dinner at the table: Front loaded calories so snacked on the couch instead of dinner. Kept to my limit
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development: YouTube for AM workout and podcast on walk
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Came up short but kept up with my stuff
    - Read one book chapter in bed: Done

For Friday

-I'm grateful for technology, specifically my Kindle. The small Paperwhite makes it easy to read in bed and when I do travel it's very convenient and lightweight for the plane and hotels. Really working to read more and cut back on scrolling the news and watching TV. The Kindle makes that possible.
    - 1900 calories:
    - Walk for 40 minutes:
    - Eat between 8 and 6:
    - Eat dinner at the table:
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    - Read one book chapter in bed:
    -

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Stay within 700 calories
    No beer... got a FTP test in am Saturday gotta be at 100%
    No candy
    No cookie
    Pull ups
    Push-ups
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Thurs. & Fri. are work at home days. Yesterday just got away from me & I never posted JFT. Would've been the usual anyway. Results not too bad. Took advantage of brief sunny hours in a.m. & walked dog. Happy dog & happy me.

JFT 1/22 TGIF
    1) Move hourly :
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Rest day? Treadmill later?
    4) Work at home: AJNH updates / update Project Status s/s / PRO s/s comments / submit PRO & PAR s/s / keep up with emails
    5) Declutter 15 min. / at least one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no Sat. alarm (workout if F rest day)

At my optometrist appt. Wed. learned my cataracts have advanced to point where surgery is viable. Spent part of yesterday contacting insurance people to determine coverage & my potential cost. Yikes! But I totally agree with hubby, my vision is worth it. Truth be told, my vision has been bugging me more for the past year. I will be happy to have the surgery but still nervous.

We are having a cold snap for a few days. This morning temp when I woke was 12F (-11.1C) with wind chill of -2F (-18.9C). I decided that's too cold for usual long walk with dog. Either I will take my 2nd rest day this week or walk on treadmill later today. I need to keep moving so I don't stiffen up.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year!
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted goals the last few days as I knew I wouldn't keep them. Went out with the hubs last night to a bar to play trivia. We haven't done that in a long, long time. I knew I'd drink more than a couple of beers, and I did. We had a great time and won at "Friends" trivia. We may go back next week for "Star Wars" trivia. He knows a lot about that sort of stuff.

I did manage to control my food intake even with the drinking which is a minor miracle.

As a follow up to my post about my daughter and her Japanese Class she was failing with 1 week remaining to do 3/4 of the course. She busted her butt and managed to come out with an A. She calls it her gifted kid attitude. "I think I can put things off and still manage to pull it out in the end." Even though it worked with Japanese, Math is another beast. She has been frantically trying to catch up in this class. It is a tough lesson to learn, but an important one.

JFT Friday

- Work by 8:00 :( 9:00 ish
    - Log food
    - Ride Peleton
    - Put away laundry

Have a blessed day y'all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Jan 21
    Scale - I forgot to get on it this morning
    1L of water - :/
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Friday Jan 22
    Scale - 198.6
    1L of water
    Log all food

@cschmitz110515 - I have had a friend that had cataract surgery and praised it's success.

I had taken my car in yesterday for a radiator flush, oil change and headlight. I received a text that I needed new front tires and a wheel bearing in the back. My $300 I was planning on spending ended up being $1636. It was a disappointing day.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Missed hopping on yesterday, but I'm slowly getting into a routine again, so that's good.

@Snowflake1968 Do you usually get depressed in winter when times are normal? Just wondering, because I know I do and things are definitely not normal this year so I think it's hitting me twice as bad. The anxiety and depression has been really difficult to deal with this year. I find myself eating emotionally and mindlessly. Maybe we need to go tanning and get that feeling of sun...? I wish I had the answer. (((HUGS)))

Today it is really cold and gray. I won't be taking my dog for a walk outside again. Trying to focus on the fact that there are only 8 more days of January...hopefully we have an early spring. :wink:

Just for Today:
    • NoBS 24H Daily Plan & Assess
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit).
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Podcasts
    • 30 minutes intentional activity
    • HC Call at 1:00 pm
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss
    • Update and close MFP Food diary.
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, daily readings from Joyce Meyer and Simple Abundance. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30.

Mantra 2021: Slow and steady wins the race. Be intentional in your actions.

To-Do's:
    • Pay Bills
    • Adjust Budget for February
    • Birthday Cards for Aidan, Kelly, Terry
    • Shred mom's papers for her
    • Pick up M's "food" ingredients and make a batch
    • Go through clothing in basement - toss / donate / keep
    • Send Matt letter
    • Research self-employment ideas
    • Make Dr appt for knees
    • Upload info for medical ins.
    • Call DWD WUI
    • Mop
    • Dust
    • Laundry
    • Vision Board Live Training on Replay
    • Make vision board

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I;ve been off track the past 2 days ... just busy, trying to get all xmas outside decorations down, planting flower seeds, helping hubby with business, and we still have not resolved the tax issue. I am getting so tired of working. I told my hubby at 70 we need to be retired. There's so much I want to do, and starting to resent having to work all day. I am very fortunate to have work to do to keep my mind busy.. at least I do not get bored. And I guess with the pandemic, there's no place we can go. The tax issue does not help though .. it makes us both just want to retire and quit working, but when you have your own business, and customers, thats hard to do. But the benefit is that we do work out of our home.. so things are good. OK ... No more complaining! Still have so very much to be thankful for!

So goals today are simple... have to get back on track.
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. try and go out for a walk. Its only 28 degrees. . should be up to 34 this afternoon. So I will bundle up!
    5. brush teeth at 8 -- no more snacking
    6. pin quilt top