JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Been having a difficult time.. my high school girlfriends want to come to visit the week after thanksgiving. I have 2 friends that always used to come, and when they did, they always stayed with us. We only have 1 spare bedroom, but I would always rearrange my sewing room, and stack 2 air mattresses for the other one. Then 3 friends started coming.. so they would always get a hotel.
    Anyhow, just the 2 friends want to come, and I had told them previously that if just the 2 came, they could stay with us, like before. Well... they decided to do that, and hubby was upset. He liked it better when they stayed in a hotel.. he is a very lite sleeper, and one of these friends is up at 5 am .. and noisy.
    So they emailed me saying when they wanted to come, and I told them that was fine, but told them the truth.. that if they could get a hotel because of hubby being a lite sleeper They told me that was no problem.... but then they decided not to come.
    I know I should not be upset, but I am. My hubby feels these friends use me, and would only come for a free vacaton/get away.
    I could not sleep last nite. I don't know who to be upset with ... these friends that "are" they just using me, or hubby.. is he trying to pull me away from friends. I know... a lot of history that I can't get into, but I felt spending $100 for a hotel room.. when they are all retired and that is not be a issue. I've tried to explain and apologize that I mislead them into thinking they could stay with us ... and I feel so torn. I thought it would be OK, because for several reasons, it is just easier if they stay with us. But our home is also hubbys home, and I need to respect his feelings. He knows these girls, but is just not as comfortable with them staying with us. (Yes, these are the same friends that come down every year, now 3x a year, and I drive them all over the place), They talk like they want to come 4-5x a year now, and hubby thinks we need to not start them staying with us.

anyhow.I've been an emotional wreck over this. They got upset with me when I tried to apologize about them not staying with us .. telling me it was not about the hotel.. I've got to get my emotions back, and stop mindless eating, which is what I have been doing. I think I am also super depressed, so I have to find a way to deal with that. My history .. every year between thanksgiving and xmas has always been super hard for me.

anyhow, JFT,
    1. LOG my food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. write down my plans on what to eat.. and stick with it.

Oh.. and thanks for letting me vent. I don't know why this time of year my emotions are all over the place. I think I want to please everyone, and while if it is me alone, I would even have friends sleep on the couch .. but I do have to respect my hubby .. don't I?
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I'm sorry you have to go through this. I have something a little similar with my husband. He is the greatest person and loves me to death, but he doesn't know how to be around people. I get so frustrated with it. But when I add up all the positives about him and his deep love for me, I usually get through it. I think married life is always a big compromise. We are so good together when we're just alone in a couple. Usually I just go ahead and socialize with my friends alone. My husband recently told me he believes he's slightly "on the spectrum". I think he's right. That means he's been aware too of some of his shortcomings. Like "on the spectrum" people, he's so focused and innovative with technical things, almost at genius level! But the social stuff he has to work at; the good thing is that he tries, to please me. Anyway, as I said, no one's perfect!

Hang in there!

Hour commitment - Just had coffee stuff. Now I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

JFT for 10/27 (today): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. No more brownies, but a few crumbs if I want!
    2) No peanut butter (last 10/24)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/28
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Lunch <= 600 calories
    7) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today.
    8) No peanuts today
    9) Some dried apricots ok today.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I think I'd go with the hubby on this one. Your friends are still welcome to come spend time with you, they just need to stay elsewhere. I get you feeling bad about resending the offer to stay, but if they are true friends they should understand. It's not an easy situation. Big hugs from me.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @mytime6630 I think I'd go with the hubby on this one. Your friends are still welcome to come spend time with you, they just need to stay elsewhere. I get you feeling bad about resending the offer to stay, but if they are true friends they should understand. It's not an easy situation. Big hugs from me.

Thank you so much. I could not sleep all last nite. Yesterday I wrote to both of them again, explaining why staying here causes stress for my husband. He has anemia (could possibly be leukemia, but doctors are waiting 3 more months to do blood work again), but they are not even responding to my emails. All I got was a email from one of them explaining that she needed a new refrig, stove, needed to paint, etc etc. So hubby thinks they are just using me as a vacation spot to go shopping ... they both live in small towns. Everytime they come it does cost us .. because I usually make at least 1 nice meal.. drive them all over, and of course, that costs me also with meals eaten out. I love them.. and I have fun, so that is why I am sad and just don't know what to do anymore. But thank you for your encouragement and hugs .. it truly means a lot to me.
  • mytime6630
    Options

@mytime6630 - I'm sorry you have to go through this. I have something a little similar with my husband. He is the greatest person and loves me to death, but he doesn't know how to be around people. I get so frustrated with it. But when I add up all the positives about him and his deep love for me, I usually get through it. I think married life is always a big compromise. We are so good together when we're just alone in a couple. Usually I just go ahead and socialize with my friends alone. My husband recently told me he believes he's slightly "on the spectrum". I think he's right. That means he's been aware too of some of his shortcomings. Like "on the spectrum" people, he's so focused and innovative with technical things, almost at genius level! But the social stuff he has to work at; the good thing is that he tries, to please me. Anyway, as I said, no one's perfect!

Hang in there!

Thank you so much .. my husband is the same way. He has very few friends ... he is pretty much a home body. I am also, that is why we have been married over 44 years. I am really not a big shopper, but I do it when my friends come into town. He is good to me, and with his current bloodwork situation, he does tire out much more easily. I just hope my friends understand, and if they don't, hubby tell me they really are not true goodfriends. Thank you for you insight.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 (((HUGS))) I know you have a hard time during the holidays, and it usually starts around now with candycorn. I would be sad too if I were you, but I also think I'd go along with my husband this time. If nothing else, just because you know he's fatigued and not feeling his best. Having company takes a lot out of a person when they're healthy, but it's really draining when you don't feel good. They should be able to understand that.

The cost for them to share a room isn't that much and you could still spend time together....heck, what about you going in on a room with them and having a real girls' weekend and stay at a hotel together!? You could still shop and have girl talk, wine by the pool, etc., and you'd still be close to home if you need to get something or if your husband needs something. It could be fun to just really have girls' time like that...could be just what you need to pick up your spirits a bit.

Anyway, it's just a thought. You and your husband are in my prayers! :heart:

P.S. I'm glad you got my email! Yes, it is a lot of info. I certainly don't do it all everyday, but I'm getting better... :wink:

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! (Otherwise known, in our house, as the night that Survivor is on TV. LOL)

Started the morning at the dentist for a cleaning and fluoride treatment. Joy. I'm not supposed to drink anything hot now today because of the fluoride treatment and all I can think about is coffee and the Caramel Macchiato creamer in my refrigerator. I always seem to want what I'm told I can't or shouldn't have. It's the rebel in me...

Today it is gloomy, cloudy and gray here in Wisconsin. Makes me want to curl up with a book and a hot cup of tea or cocoa but I'm going to start baking for the holidays instead. I have a feeling it will be increasingly harder to find items at the store (and more expensive) as we get closer, so I'm getting a head start on what I can. Today it will be banana bread. I'm such a procrastinator that it feels odd to even be THINKING about doing things this far ahead of time. :mrgreen:

Anyway, here goes nothing...

Just for Wednesday:
    • 24H plan & assessment :star:
    • Follow food plan today!! FOR REAL! 30-day challenge to follow 24 hour plan at least 75% of the days.
    • Drink 64 oz water before 6pm
    • Close activity rings on watch
    • 30 minutes of self care
    • Pick up bday cards for M & C, along with cash to put in them
    • Bake 2 batches of banana bread and freeze in mini loaves
    • Early to bed tonight. Lights out ON TIME tonight!

Ongoing Tasks:
    Upload 2+ items to Tim's Etsy shop: started by uploading photos (10/16),
    Bills: Update spreadsheet (10/16) | 10/18 ⭐
    Budget: Work on November's budget. Cut-backs? Deer Camp? Christmas? Thanksgiving?
    Put quilt sandwich together and begin quilting:
    Finish table topper
    Watch video I for Pfaff machine:
    Watch video II for Pfaff machine:
    Watch video III for Pfaff machine:
    Watch CD for Brother machine:
    Bullet Journal set-up: found journal (10/17)

WOTY 2021: Determination

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Just finished lunch and now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP. I thought I'd give this thread a try, if I may join in although there are only two months left.

Name: Mrs. Hermit (nickname but I have several good reasons to be anonymous online)
    5'6"
    35 yrs old

Highest known weight: 262 lbs
    Current weight: 256.6 lbs
    1st goal: Get into the obese BMI category (out of morbidly obese) at 149lbs
    2nd goal: Get into overweight category at 189 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 150 lbs or whatever is healthy weight for me

Goal for the end of this year: Lose 2 lbs per week on a regular basis + exercise 6 days a week (I don't get outside anymore, too much crime)

Just For Today:
    Keep my total calories under my goal
    Exercise even though I'm in pain today and it's not a regular schedule today
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP. I thought I'd give this thread a try, if I may join in although there are only two months left.

Name: Mrs. Hermit (nickname but I have several good reasons to be anonymous online)
    5'6"
    35 yrs old

…

Just For Today:

Rest days are important. It’s ok to be sore and exercise, but a bad idea to exercise when you are in pain.

Welcome to the group and take care.
  • mytime6630
    Options

5'6"
    35 yrs old

Highest known weight: 262 lbs
    Current weight: 256.6 lbs
    1st goal: Get into the obese BMI category (out of morbidly obese) at 149lbs
    2nd goal: Get into overweight category at 189 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 150 lbs or whatever is healthy weight for me

Goal for the end of this year: Lose 2 lbs per week on a regular basis + exercise 6 days a week (I don't get outside anymore, too much crime)

Just For Today:

Welcome to the group .. it is never too late to join, and happy you found us! As for the exercise ... maybe try every other day or 3x a week until you get used to it. So many go all out for exercise, only to either hurt themselves or quit because of the pain. I walk a lot .. as in probably 90 minutes 6x a week. But I had to work up to that slowly. If you are exercising at home or at a gym .. start slow and be consistent! You will get there!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
    πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ OCTOBER πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
    πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (βœ”οΈSept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] Oct 6: 141.6
    [*] Oct 26: 139.9
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)

UGW: > 145
    October goal: maintenance

Daily Habits: Week 2
    Fri: πŸŽƒ Sat: πŸŽƒ Sun: πŸŽƒ Mon: πŸŽƒ
    Tue: πŸŽƒ Wed: πŸŽƒ Thu:
    1. Weight > 145: βœ… 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 β€”>22.6 22.0 -> 21.5
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green βœ… 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 βœ… 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 6/7

🐝Positive Intentions for Wed 27 Oct:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - (Oct Tiny Habit) 🐝
    [*] Daily Chores/laundry 🐝
    [*] Grocery Shopping 🐝
    [*] Watch TV 🐝
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

πŸ““ Tiny Habit for October: (3 Oct)
    For the next 10 days I will Switch off devices at 11pm and go to bed.
    βœ–οΈβœ–οΈπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›Œ
    πŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›Œ
    πŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›Œ
    πŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›ŒπŸ›Œ
    (continuing this indefinitely as it’s working a treat)

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats.
    3. Test Prep Class: Update math grades. Outline for Week 12. Feedback on essays. Take down collages and put up either villain protagonist posters or character comparisons.
    4. Pit Crew: New Qs. Next script? Capitalization guidelines.
    5. Online Facilitation: Email senator. Read Firebringer. Upload new seating charts. Update grades; send emails.
    6. English Class: Starter - Grammar. Poetry lesson.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Late work. Revise lesson plans. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Letter to P. PARENT CALLS ABOUT TALKING DURING INSTRUCTION.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Risotto. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT..
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (FB) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library THIS WEEK. GET CANDY AND BREAD. Doctor 11/2. Dentist 11/10. Conf 12/10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 198.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist Nov 10. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 .
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 9 7pm.
    8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Another good day. I'm tired.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    EDIT: I mis-typed my # for 1st goal, that would be 249 lbs not 149 lbs.

Rest days are important. It’s ok to be sore and exercise, but a bad idea to exercise when you are in pain.

Welcome to the group and take care.
    Thank you for the welcome! The pain isn't worrisome. I'm convinced that I am in a true battle with my body, as it seems to come up with comeback problems/throw punches whenever I make tiny progress in getting healthy. (headaches, soreness etc). The pain today is a normal one that I usually have, just more present today that's all. I do take care to not do too much intensity because of my weight and low muscle mass.

Welcome to the group .. it is never too late to join, and happy you found us! As for the exercise ... maybe try every other day or 3x a week until you get used to it. So many go all out for exercise, only to either hurt themselves or quit because of the pain. I walk a lot .. as in probably 90 minutes 6x a week. But I had to work up to that slowly. If you are exercising at home or at a gym .. start slow and be consistent! You will get there!

Thank you for the welcome! Thank you for your caution about exercise. I understand your concern, but my exercise routine is probably nowhere near as intense as most people's. I have injured myself before following the wrong exercise videos. (but I found out about a birth defect that I never knew about, so, there's that). I workout at home in a tiny space in my apartment during "approved hours" (I so wish I could exercise first thing in the morning).

I've been doing pretty well exercising three or four days a week. My long term goal is to have exercise/movement be a part of my everyday routine except for one day a week. I don't move around much in my current lifestyle (I can't change anything about it right now) and need to just move about. I've finally, finally found some exercise videos that I can follow that don't injure me. It's aerobic/dance/walking (Smile/Up To the Beat with Gina B from Australia) and has some strength exercises in some videos with enough challenge in it and low intensity; just my level. I'm realizing that some ongoing issues are alleviated somewhat when I do exercise that day, even for just a little bit. I agree that one has to work their body up to a certain level. Small changes. I really hope that my constant fatigue will lessen with weight loss (I hope that's not a myth; it really hinders my everyday). One day at a time!

I really like hiking and walking but with the rising crime my spouse and I have stopped going for walks (even cutting our errand trips down). Hopefully someday we'll get to move to where I can walk. Those forest hikes were amazing. : )

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    Yes!
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 10/27 (today): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. No more brownies, but a few crumbs if I want!βœ”οΈ
    2) No peanut butter (last 10/24) βœ”οΈ
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/28 βœ”οΈ
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) βœ”οΈ
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) βœ”οΈ
    6) Lunch <= 600 calories βœ”οΈ
    7) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today.βœ”οΈ
    8) No peanuts today βœ”οΈ
    9) Some dried apricots ok today.βœ”οΈ Didn't eat any today

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 10/28 (tomorrow): βœ”οΈ
    1) No desserts, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. No more brownies, not even crumbs!
    2) No peanut butter (last 10/24)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 10/28
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting
    7) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today.
    8) No peanuts today
    9) Some dried apricots ok today.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    h that. My history .. every year between thanksgiving and xmas has always been super hard for me.

anyhow, JFT,
    1. LOG my food :/
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. write down my plans on what to eat.. and stick with it. :)

Oh.. and thanks for letting me vent. I don't know why this time of year my emotions are all over the place. I think I want to please everyone, and while if it is me alone, I would even have friends sleep on the couch .. but I do have to respect my hubby .. don't I?

JFt, Thurs, 10/28
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. taking daughter for colonoscopy and endoscopy .. so eat lunch before going.
    4. make easy dinner .. not sure what yet though
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 27th

Back exercises a few, not enough
    Foot exercises ditto, must try harder!
    Sensible meals yes
    Only one snack yes
    Do business accounts yes, though not finished yet
    Do tax return not yet
    (no excuses, it's too wet to do anything outside)

I thought I'd have time to do tax return but had a long visit from son in the morning (nice!) then spent quite a long time battling with the programme I use to type out the accounts. Oh for the days when things came with a manual lol. I gave up at 9pm when I couldn't get the figures to balance, will try again today.
    Now on the third day of heavy rain and very high winds, apparently we have a month's worth of rain in 3 days. Lots of flooding locally, I'm very grateful that I no longer work outside. I have buckets in my porch to catch the drips, I have no idea how to fix it, I've tried several repairs but I've been told that it was a problem for the previous owners for quite a few years and they couldn't fix it either. I've already spent enough money on it, such a downer when it leaks again after the latest attempt!

JFT Thursday 28th

Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Sensible meals
    Only one snack
    Finish business accounts
    Do tax return
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 5:30 :smile:
    - Shower :smile:
    - Weigh :smile: Down a bit
    - Work by 6:30 :smile:
    - Meeting at 7:00 :smile:
    - Haz Com audit at 9:30 :smile:
    - Walk down of Delrin Finishing :smile:
    - Vet :smile:
    - Home by 4:00 :smile:
    - Maybe Bible Study :(
    - Log food :smile:
    - Stay green :smile: -
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:30 in bed not on the couch. :smile:

Happy hump day you beautiful folks!

Well, yesterday was uneventful, and today is a work from home day and date night (YAY1). I almost overslept for my morning production meeting because my body thought it was Saturday. Oops! Anyway, I got up and weighed in, which I was nervous about after wolfing down a steak last night kind of late. Much to my surprise I was down a pound, meaning I met my October goal of 10 pounds this month. Yay me! I'm super excited about this and determined not to undermine myself at date night tonight. Yes there will be a small spike on the scale tomorrow, but the goal is to make it small. Not sure what we are doing tonight, maybe trivia, maybe something else.

JFT Thursday
    - Weigh :smile:
    - Morning meeting
    - Spec out new equipment
    - Go over to mom's and get bills straight
    - date night
    - log food
    - stay green even with night out
    - limit alcohol to 3 beers
    - bed by 11:30

Have a great Thursday y'all!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Another hectic start to the week. My husband and I had a lovely weekend visiting family, but, although I brought my computer along, I got nothing done. We stayed with my father-in-law, who really needed some company. He's a very active 93, but it's coming up on five years since my mother-in-law passed away, and he's really been feeling her absence. We spent one of the days with my son's family - what fun to see the little ones!

I spent M-W trying to stay just ahead of what was absolutely necessary for my classes while squeezing in grocery shopping and helping my daughter with her hair. But I made it to another Thursday! Of course, the dilemma is always whether to relax or catch up on my down day. Perhaps I can manage a bit of both.

I've been reading posts and thinking of all of you. Hopefully I can find some time to respond this evening. For now, I'll just post goals.

JFT Th 10/28/2021
    Log
    Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    Water
    AM shopping
    PM walk
    Late topic approvals