JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Meh kind of got slacking again.

I don't know why I used to post daily with no problem and didnt mind even if it was a full day of crosses, it didn't deter me and I carried on and now I don't even have the umfph to even bother.

Today the kids went back to school after Halloween. And all I did all day from 9.30-2.30pm was sleep. I must've needed it, the week off from doing school runs was I stead filled with being busy at home. I just go no rest :( and now it's back to the school runs.
    I was also really cold despite the heating being on. It was like my core was cold.

Today I just feel down. For no particular reason.
    I think I'm just feeling burnt out from being "mum". Except there's not anything I can do about that 😅

Not really much purpose to my post but trying to stay in contact to see if it will help me get on with posting!

My goal tomorrow.. to make goals 😂
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Review notes from sub.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in. Encouragement postcards. Letter to I.
    4. Pit Crew: Next script? Alphabetizing titles. Play video.
    5. Online Facilitation: Read More Than Survive. Upload new seating charts. Update grades; send emails.
    6. English Class: Starter - Grammar. Poetry lesson.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot script. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. PARENT CALLS ABOUT TALKING DURING INSTRUCTION.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (MTS) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library NEXT WEEK. Dems meeting Th 11/4. Lunch with Mom Sat 11/6. Dentist 11/10. Conf 12/10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 200.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist Nov 10. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 .
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 9 7pm.
    8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Maybe next year can be progress again...
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Okay, due to unforeseen drama Monday night and today, I didn't get to very much. I almost slid off with calories, but reminded myself that giving up is failing. So I tried to eat a little better and exercised until my "calorie bank" was green.

JFT Wednesday (basically from Tuesday)
    MAKE OR BREAK: do NOT look at anything on internet, refuse messages until late afternoon
    pray, be quiet, trust
    calorie goal green
    exercise
    follow schedule, 2 blocks of tasks before a nap (full nights' sleep hard to obtain)
    don't give up in the evenings
    seriously, place those orders
    make bags for shopping
    make list for shopping
    figure out if DH has plans for Thursday

I did find out that I *might* be needing to show up next spring in front of others who haven't seen me in awhile and don't see me positively (in the past). Definitely motivated to lose enough by then so that they aren't entirely sure that I'm the person they should be frowning at. ha!

@Snowflake1968 We tried to see the Northern Lights Saturday night too, but didn't see any. We reminisced about some things, and enjoyed seeing the stars (clear nights are rare during wintertime where I live).

@pridesabtch sorry for your loss. I understand a little of how you feel.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 11/2 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. (last 10/30)✔️
    2) No peanut butter (last 11/1) ✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/4 ✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Can have honey today.✔️ Didn't have honey today.
    7) No peanuts today ✔️
    8) No dried apricots today.✔️
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.✔️
    10) None of DH's corn chips today.✔️
    11) Can have my coffee stuff early today due to meeting.✔️

JFT for 11/3 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. (last 10/30)
    2) No peanut butter (last 11/1)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/4
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Can have honey today.
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) Some dried apricots OK today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) None of DH's corn chips today.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

JFT Tuesday 2nd Nov

Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Sensible meals mostly
    Only one snack 3?
    Care home/grocery shop/petrol yes x3
    Move plants inside as it's to be frosty this week yes
    Laundry half of it
    Walk no

Didn't do well yesterday. I did get some outside jobs done though. I'm eating the wrong things, and I know why. A - because I want to eat with family and if they are organizing the food it's not what I'd choose for a diet, and B - I don't want to waste food, if I've bought it it needs to be eaten.
    I can deal with B by not buying the wrong things (bought a few treats when I was away at the weekend). A is not so easy, I suppose if I eat with family I could just cut back afterwards. Although I live alone we're eating together much more at the moment since son is on his own.
    It's difficult to keep losing weight as a priority all the time.

JFT Wednesday 3rd Nov

Sensible meals
    Only one snack
    Go for a walk with grandson (this isn't exercise, he only has little legs!)
    Evening zoom meeting yuck

Today should be better as I'm looking after grandson so there will be no mindless snacking.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    -Up early :(
    - Weigh :smile:
    - Work by 8:00 :( See above...
    - Meetings :smile:
    - Complete annual self evaluation hub bub :smile:
    - Prepare a presentation :smile:
    - Make doc appointment for V, somehow we missed her well visit :smile:
    - Make eye appointments for V & I, end of the year benefits and all :smile:
    - Log food :smile:
    - Stay green :smile:
    - Exercise at least 30 minutes :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smile:

Happy Healthy Tuesday y'all!

Was so so tired after work yesterday, but I dragged myself to the bike trail. Then my niece needed to talk so my ride was not happening. Instead of sitting in the car talking to her, I decided to walk. I ended up walking for an hour at a decent pace. Not exactly high intensity, but it was a healthy choice and I'm happy with that. The down side is I have been having problems with my feet lately, particularly my heel which is similar to plantar fasciitis. The walk exacerbated the injury a bit, but nothing serious.

Other than that, I fell asleep during the 7th inning of the World Series, but nothing much seemed to happen after that, score was still 7 - 0, Braves. I'm not a big baseball fan, but I at least like to follow the conversations at work. If I have to chose a team, I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, but I watched the Braves a lot as child.

No real plans for today, it's cold this morning and I had to scrape the car windows for the first time this year. I don't mind the cold, but I hate scraping the windows, lol.

JFT Wed- nes- day

- Weigh :smile:
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Town Hall Meeting :( couldn't log on for some reason
    - Work on Complaint resolution
    - Work on OORs
    - Prepare for audit next week
    - Calculate Monthly KPIs for October
    - Log Food
    - Rest foot = ride bike or take day off
    - Stay green
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a happy day my lovelies!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Recap T 11/2 ~ sleep not great, skipped early walk with dog = sad dog & sad me
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log) :) forced myself when in the groove at work (doesn't always happen LOL)
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :| -174 b/c low protein then evening snacks 14c water :)
    3) ROP-BJ testing / PA-E&T mgmt reply due & follow-up not rec'd / 12:00 Facebook Live / 1:00 files for external CPAs in conf room = 3/4
    4) Drop mail at P.O. :) / walk dog around neighborhood :smiley: 3.49 mi & happy dog / 7:00 ex-roomie calls <3 talked for 1 1/2 hours! / something ta-da? does making overnight oats & prepping W vitamins count? :p
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 6/6 YAY

JFT W 11/3
    1) Walked dog before work 4.79 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log)
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Contact mgmt for PA-E&T response to draft report / ROP-BJ testing / request add'l video from Surveillance
    5) Laundry / boil eggs / prep lunch for Th / prep clothes for workplace lunchtime hike / another ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

Last night after work I walked dog up and down every cul de sac in the neighborhood & around the parking lot in the park. Still got up early this morning (yay me) to walk dog our usual route before work. I enjoyed the beautiful stars and sliver of moon before daybreak. We saw three pairs of eyes reflecting in the beam from my headlamp. Three deer were standing there watching us, probably fascinated (confused?) by our LED gear, especially my pulsating Noxgear vest. Temp was mid 20s (F) and I'm remembering how to layer up for the cold.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    I've been so absent this past October. It's been a crazy hectic time.
    Hoping to get back on track this coming November, despite the holidays fast approaching.

I hope you all have been well! Good luck in this fresh new month!

JFT 11/02
    - Up by 7:30 X 8:00
    - Vitamins
    - 64 oz of water X
    - 15 min stretch / 15 min cardio X
    - Log everything X
    - Laundry X
    Too many red X's, aaaaaa. Feeling drained from another doctor's visit for my ears. I'm now on antibiotic/steroid drops and an allergy/decongestant combo....

JFT 11/03
    - Up by 7:30
    - Vitamins
    - 64 oz of water
    - 15 min stretch / 15 min cardio
    - Log everything
    - Laundry
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    JFt, Wed, Nov 3,

I did get to tyhe gym, which is a good way to start. But you all know me, between October and January I struggle with not only staying in a positive mood, but watching my eating. Too many deaths, and even though losing so many family members hurts all year, it is around the holidays that I miss them. Growing up with large family gatherings ( I had 6 siblings, and 4 have passed), I let this get to me.

SO I have to work extra hard .. so I am starting 3 quilts, I am doing "diamond dotz"... which is really fun, and today I need to do yardwork.

I am going to try and get on EVERY DAY ... to post at least one goal .. November challenge.

SO, JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. plan meal and stick with it.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 11/3 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. (last 10/30)
    2) No peanut butter (last 11/1)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 11/4
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Can have honey today.
    7) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    8) Some dried apricots OK today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) None of DH's corn chips today.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - just had lunch, now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Loving the November challenge, I think it will really help that one. Funnily enough my goal today was to post goals haha.

Now I've not managed to get on all day (it's 7.15pm here) but I've had mental goals

- Log food✔️ (about to do so)
    - 10K Steps ✔️ 15,998 and still counting til bedtime!!
    - Water 6 cups ❓ only had 1 not sure if I'll get 6 in but I just might
    - Exercise (anything no matter how little) ✔️ it was little, it was just lunges up and down my lounge a few times and then 3 sets of wall push-ups. Seeing as I cant do floor ones lmao
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Wanted to ask an off topic question..

For those with kids. How the heck do you tackle homework between them all?!
    So I've got S (7), M (5) and C (3)
    So S has a fair amount of homework, reading, timestables, spelling practice and some maths and then whatever she has on the online school app.

I can manage it most days, I break it up so spelling and reading one day, spelling and maths the other and so on. Plus she's a hard worker.

But then there's M. 5 years old, struggles to read and write, only just about learnt her alphabet and I have no clue about where her basic maths like counting is up to.
    Her homework includes reading, phonics, and anything on the app (hardly anything) and the teacher has asked me to revise the alphabet to catch her up.
    However she's easily distracted (suspected ADHD but not diagnosed as of yet) sometimes it can take a good 5 minutes just to get past the title page because she spends the whole time giggling. She's difficult to focus and often we have to stop as it's impossible to continue.

And C (3) she doesn't have homework. She has a reading book but that's more me reading to her and it's not something I need to do..but there will come a time where she will have homework in the next year or so and I'll have to figure out a way to fit her in.

But ontop of this I still need to collect them from school and I get home at 4pm. Then do homework, then dinner, then bath time then bedtime (at a reasonable time!)
    And on top of this they all want "screen time" which is typically 45mins.

I just don't know how to get it all done.
    I'm shattered at the end of every day, is there a way to manage it all? Or is this literally just what its like to be a mum :|
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Wanted to ask an off topic question..

I just don't know how to get it all done.
    I'm shattered at the end of every day, is there a way to manage it all? Or is this literally just what its like to be a mum :|

First of all, you aren't the only parent. Lean on your partner. Give him the easy kid, let him do spelling with S twice a week and read to C two other days. Taking that off your list will lighten your load. As the kids get older give him more things. It will also help build his relationship with the kids. They need to count on both of you to be there, not just mum.

I know you stay home with them, but that does not mean they are only your responsibility. Heck I used to take the 5:00am to 5:00 pm shift with my girls, then Tim would come home and deal with the kids a bit while I decompressed a bit. Theni one of us would make dinner. Now that I work outside of the home, he alway makes dinner. :smile:

Love ya Bex! Best of luck. I only had 2, I'm sure it's harder with 3.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. STAY FOR DEMS MEETING AT LIBRARY. TELEHEALTH 1:45. Maybe I can get some writing done???
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in. Encouragement postcards. Letter to I.
    4. Pit Crew: Next script? Alphabetizing titles. Play video.
    5. Online Facilitation: Read Trauma. Upload new seating charts. Update grades; send emails.
    6. English Class: Starter - Reading. Poetry lesson.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot script. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. PARENT CALLS ABOUT TALKING DURING INSTRUCTION. Dems meeting at library.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: BBQ. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Trauma) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library NEXT WEEK. Dems meeting Th 11/4. Lunch with Mom Sat 11/6. Theater 11/9. Dentist 11/10. DemSoc discussion 11/11. Conf 12/10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 200.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist Nov 10. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 .
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 9 7pm.
    8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Maybe next year can be progress again...
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.