JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Oh my, such struggles for so many. Big virtual (((hugs))) to my JFT family!

Recap 2/1 M ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 13/14 & 11.2k
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :s stuff at end of work day & after work didn't go so well & emotional eating (again) -568 >:) & 16c :smiley:
    3) Work in office: Facebook Live 12:00 / AJNH / keep up w/ emails = 3/3
    4) Errands on way home / prep bday gift to mail / prep lunch, snacks & water bottle / declutter 15 min. / other chore? several = 3/5
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work) = 1.5/5

JFT 2/2 T ~ slept poorly, reset early alarm & skipped treadmill before work
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Treadmill after work
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work in office: AJNH / keep up w/ emails / start packing for room change? / pack for work from home
    5) Prep bday gift to mail / Post Office if still open? / review surgery info / review "winter" recipes / declutter 15 min. / one other chore
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / alarm time? (cataract surgery consult 8:40)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Feb 1
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :/ Mostly, I forgot to add my evening snack

JFT - Tuesday Feb 2
    Scale 200.0
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@bex953172 - I'm going to make that call today, I had a busy day at work yesterday and couldn't get to it. Our rules right now are no indoor gatherings and the fine is $1000. I have no concerns about them having anything as they have not left their house since before Christmas. I am fully vaccinated now and have been tested weekly so know that I negative. My concern with bringing them is breaking the rules, but I miss them so much.

If I try to explain what it's like to be a grandparent while you still have young ones, you'll probably shake your head, give an eyeroll and say "yeah that's what they all say". I think my Grandmother explained it best to me when I was upset at how much my Dad played with my girls and I didn't remember him doing it with me. She said, "Tracey, being a grandparent is the best thing in the world". She went on to say and I'm paraphrasing here. You don't have to think about the day to day stresses of caring for them, making sure they are fed properly, that they are disciplined to be good human beings, and making sure they have clothes. That is all a parents responsibility and it takes all of your efforts to get through the days, weeks and years both emotionally and financially. The grandparent has none of the stress, sure you worry about your grandchildren but it's not your responsibility to clothe them, feed them and raise them so you just get to enjoy them.

Our grandkids were at our house every Wednedsay evening for supper and a visit and every Sunday. Not having them is a huge gaping hole right now.

Be back later, off to physio.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Feb 1
    1L of Water - :)
    Log all Food - :/ Mostly, I forgot to add my evening snack

JFT - Tuesday Feb 2
    Scale 200.0
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@bex953172 - I'm going to make that call today, I had a busy day at work yesterday and couldn't get to it. Our rules right now are no indoor gatherings and the fine is $1000. I have no concerns about them having anything as they have not left their house since before Christmas. I am fully vaccinated now and have been tested weekly so know that I negative. My concern with bringing them is breaking the rules, but I miss them so much.

If I try to explain what it's like to be a grandparent while you still have young ones, you'll probably shake your head, give an eyeroll and say "yeah that's what they all say". I think my Grandmother explained it best to me when I was upset at how much my Dad played with my girls and I didn't remember him doing it with me. She said, "Tracey, being a grandparent is the best thing in the world". She went on to say and I'm paraphrasing here. You don't have to think about the day to day stresses of caring for them, making sure they are fed properly, that they are disciplined to be good human beings, and making sure they have clothes. That is all a parents responsibility and it takes all of your efforts to get through the days, weeks and years both emotionally and financially. The grandparent has none of the stress, sure you worry about your grandchildren but it's not your responsibility to clothe them, feed them and raise them so you just get to enjoy them.

Our grandkids were at our house every Wednedsay evening for supper and a visit and every Sunday. Not having them is a huge gaping hole right now.

Be back later, off to physio.

Haha I DO know what you mean.
    My dad and my in-laws always say the best thing about them is being able to hand them back 😂😂
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today (Tuesday):
    • No BS 24H Daily Plan & Assess
    • Spend 2 minutes writing in my Journal (start small until it is habit).
    • >64 oz of water. Fill up two Quart Jars of water when I get up and place on kitchen counter in plain sight. Drink until gone!
    • Podcasts
    • Pick up Rx and mail birthday cards
    • Put border on pastel quilt top
    • Intentional Cardio Activity
    • Self Care: Take 30 minutes for yourself, and try to not feel guilty about it.
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm - brush & floss
    • Evening Routine: Gratitude journal, daily readings from Joyce Meyer and Simple Abundance. Read something fun and lights out at 10:30.

WOTY 2021: Intentional
    Mantra 2021: Progress, not perfection

To-Do's:
    • Adjust Budget for February
    • Birthday cards for John, , twins Kazik and Maddix, Caleb & Evelynn
    • Take donate bag to Bethesda
    • Research blogging
    • Call Molina and find out how much knee replacement costs
    • Upload info for medical ins. on Healthcare.gov
    • Grocery List and Meal Plan
    • Floors
    • Laundry
    • Vision Board Live Training on Replay
    • Make vision board
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - You are so right, we are so blessed to not have had to have an empty seat at the table. Our facility at work is having a debriefing today since we are officially off Outbreak status. I am looking forward to this as I think that is a big issue with the stress right now too. Although I don't deal with the residents directly very often we lost 24 (not all from Covid) from November 15 to January 1. It was a rough go.

@HEGoddard0928 - I am so incredibly sorry to read about your miscarriage, I know how much you and Matt want a baby.

@PackerFanInGB - Isn't it funny how our generation thinks reading is lazy when the generations before us thought that TV was lazy? It's a strange concept. I am still considering bringing my Grands for a sleepover. They have not left their house since before Christmas, they are not in schools, my husband is not working so it's just me that we have to worry about. I have had 11 negative Covid tests straight and am fully vaccinated. My boss said sometimes the mental health has to take precedence over the physical health.

I'm sorry to read about your hand, you just can't seem to catch a break.

@ZizzyBumble - I think we are all being a bit of an Eeyore right now. It's tough times for all of us. I wonder if this will equate to the Great Depression in the history books.
    I am in physio right now for my hip and subsequently my back. I was thinking this morning when I was there that I need to remember these exercises she has given me and keep doing them regularly so this doesn't happen again.

@mytime6630 - I went back and read a couple of pages. You and I struggle from the same infliction, evening snacking. It's awful the amount I can eat after supper until bedtime. It's boredom for me. I haven't figured out the lighting well enough to keep up with my crafts. Last night I talked to a friend for a couple hours on the phone so that kept my mouth going and I didn't snack. I wonder how many friends I can convince to join that party with me. LOL
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 My dear, dear girl. At times, words fail me at the harshness of life. (((Hugs)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options

🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝FEBRUARY💝🌷🌱
    🌱🌷💝💘☯️💘💝🌷🌱

January 2021
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2021
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: (145 ⏬ 140
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9⏬
    • 25 Jan: 143.8⏬ My lowest weight in over 40 years. 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 I have reset my UGW.
    [*] 1 Feb: 144.4
    [*] Total weight loss: 83 ⏫

January Daily Goals: Week 1
    Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed: Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    Positive intentions for Tues 2 Feb:
    Positive intentions for Wed 2 Feb:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Yoga/tai chi practice
    • Weekly Groceries
    • Sight test
    • Complete/post renewal for Senior Smart Pass
    • Laundry - put away
    • Outdoor walk
    • continue work on Hobbies room clear out
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Order book on Hindu Kush
    • Keep up to date with email

Hang in there! Spring is on its way!

m2i6jg76u2h5.jpeg

Terri 🦄

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 -- I am SO SO sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Having suffered a miscarriage myself, I remember how hard that is. But for you, who have been wanting to get pregnant for such a long time, I'm sure this is doubly hard. Big hugs to you dear friend. <3<3

@Snowflake1968 - Hugs to you also. I miss our grandkids so much, and not seeing our son, but then, we only ever saw them maybe 4-6 times a year, since they live 500 miles away. I can't imagine how hard it must be if you have been used to having your grandchildren over often, and are unable to do that. Is there a way you can just have them over, and stay outside? Make some games to play outside.. and have a "picnic" outside? I know its cold, but perhaps with a firepit outside or something? This is what my SIL does .. she has her grandkids over almost everyday .. they light a firepit, and roast marshmallows outside .. play games outside .. just to see each other. But you are not alone... this is all so hard for so many. And working in a nursing home can also be very depressing. Our daughter tells us this also .. the residents where she works are all in lockdown again .. they have to stay in their rooms because of a covid case. I just keep praying that we all make it out OK, and hopefully soon this nightmare will be behind us

There are many I want to comment on .. it seems so many of us, including myself, are having a really hard time. I think the lockdown is getting to all of us ... and all of us have so many challenges. I've seen and have more friends who have passed away this year ... from both covid, and other causes. We cant hug and be with our family. And for me, I know this is a big part of my gaining 15 pounds, and being unable to get back on track.

This is why I do believe this thread is so important. Being healthy is so much more than a number on the scale. This is a place for us to vent, to write our feelings and emotions down, and to know that we all care for each other so much ... and we are all here for each other. You are not alone. We truly are all in this together.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • mytime6630
    Options

Hang in there! Spring is on its way!

m2i6jg76u2h5.jpeg

Terri 🦄

And @Terri ... this is what we all need today! A sign of hope!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Realized once again I did not post my goals for today. So far today, I am doing OK... which I do everyday.

Its the evenings where I lose it all and can easily eat as many calories as I have all day

SO JFT Feb 2, .... tonite....

Fill my water glass with ice and water... and have it next to me!

Get out my sewing machine and finish sewing the binding on a quilt that I just finished. And if I finish that ... I have another top to pin.

Practice piano for 15 minutes.

Last nite I listened to Mel Robbins .. Ted Talk (someone on here made that suggestion .. thank you!). Its about counting down from 5 to do things ... so when I want to run out in the kitchen, and grab something to snack on .. I will count down from 5 and wait (well, I may make that count down from 25!). Hoping this will make me do more mindful eating.

Read 1 more chapter of my "growing cut flower" book

And... when tired... listen to a podcast, or play on the computer and look at success stories.read . with my water next to me.

And ... brush my teeth so I don't keep on grazing all nite.

anyhow... these are my plans for tonite. I am thinking I may even start with nitetime goals for my JFTs, since I do OK all day only to ruin it every evening.

This week I am also going to go and stock up on better snacks. Since I don't go to the grocery store very often.. I run out of fruit, which was always my snacks in the evening when I was able to lose weight. Now, I grab cereal, raisins, nuts, chips .. whatever is handy. And I don't count them or anything .. which can lead to me easily eating way too much.

So I am going to get lots of celery, apples, carrot sticks, etc. And maybe string cheese. I read for each snack, it should be a protein and a high fiber thing .. like apple and peanut butter, or carrot sticks with yogurt, etc. So I am going to try that.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFTONIGHT
    Read through a few posts and tears welled up.
    Wow. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤗
    Most of you know I love you... And it really gets to me when I read your difficulties and pains.. I love you soooo much and would take the hurts away if I could. You all are amazing here. No matter what goes on, we're FAMILY.
    🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤ I LOVE!!! I MEAN IT... I LOVE YOU.
  • mytime6630
    Options

I have no concerns about them having anything as they have not left their house since before Christmas. I am fully vaccinated now and have been tested weekly so know that I negative. My concern with bringing them is breaking the rules, but I miss them so much.

Oh -- if you are fully vaccinated, I would say DO IT!! Have those little ones over!!!!!

Once hubby and I are vacinated, we plan on letting our daughter back in the house. We will probably still be careful with going places, etc., but thats the first thing we plan on doing ... taking a trip to see our grandkids!

So I hope soon you can have them over. I am sick of the government telling us what we can and cannot do.. and then to fine people! Sometimes mental health is more important, and I would think since you are vacinated.. you have nothing to worry about.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFTONIGHT
    Read through a few posts and tears welled up.
    Wow. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🤗
    Most of you know I love you... And it really gets to me when I read your difficulties and pains.. I love you soooo much and would take the hurts away if I could. You all are amazing here. No matter what goes on, we're FAMILY.
    🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤🤗❤ I LOVE!!! I MEAN IT... I LOVE YOU.

Awe ... we love you to Mary! Miss you on here!! We are family, arn't we!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Whatever Wednesday
    3. Classes: GRL URL. Review PEAR. Essay work.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Grade "Laws." Lunch duty; Odyssey. Review video 1 to create transcript.
    5. Lunch: Mexican. Buy Hood Feminism and New Jim Crow?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. WRITE POSTCARDS. Draft B&H letter.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Bibimbap? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. FIREFLY.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 191.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I'm not sleeping well. I was up for three hours for no apparent reason in the middle of the night. It sucks.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 2nd Feb

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green not quite, I ate birthday cake
    No evening snacking none
    Back exercises x2 yes
    Walk? Will the snow stop? no, weather was atrocious
    Admin no

I have lots of things to do and just want to sit and do nothing. I'm going to really have to force myself. The weather is so bad I'm not going to attempt walking, need to go shopping for mum and to the bank for dad's estate. Don't want to go out!

JFT Wednesday 3rd Feb

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No evening snacking
    Back exercises x2
    Admin
    Mum's laundry, bills

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

February challenge - do 2 sets of back/core exercises every day
    2/2

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 2 February

Dear friends I’m saddened to read about your struggles - January has just been a continuation of 2020s nastiness. This is a lovely supportive group, it feels like a safe place to vent and there are some very insightful and caring comments. Sending hugs and a thank you.

I didn’t post yesterday as I being a bit is an Eeyore. I needed a kick up the backside and I found it on here 😊. I have much to be thankful for.

Today’s goals:

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 👿 shouldn’t have had that glass of wine before dinner!
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ 👿. I’m guessing my logging is still adrift as the numbers say I should be loosing!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 3 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 👿
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was a total bust
    Pretty disappointed in myself
    Oh well new day... hitting reset

Goal
    No beer
    Push-ups
    Pull ups
    Trainer ride
    Have a good 400 cal deficit after my workout
    Push-ups instead of cravings
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm capable of self discipline and I'm capable not not having it. Have to keep these days to a minimum. Triple meh.

For Tuesday

-I'm grateful for my bride on many fronts. Today it's that she appreciates our financial position and doesn't take it for granted. She stays within our means.
    -1900 calories: Snacked all day. 4466. Yikes.
    -Work out for 90 minutes: Worked out for 39 minutes early in the morning but chose to not walk
    -Eat dinner at the table: Meh, meh and meh.
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:Jocko podcast on YouTube - Guide to waking up early, staying alert and keeping the peace. Good reminder that Jocko is a freak but what works for him works for him. Also Project Elon: Don't let Anyone Outwork You. Collection of motivational soundbites. Obviously didn't work
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Nope
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Nope but kept up with my stuff

For Wednesday, new day. Can't change yesterday but can change today.

- Struggling with gratefulness today but I'm grateful for a trip early in our marriage down to Galveston. Been watching a home renovation show with my bride about the island. We had a great long weekend with my bride's sister and brother in law. Loved the time at the San Louis, one of our favorite hotels we've ever been to, low key seafood restaurants, an outdoor Patsy Cline musical and just soaking in the sun,
    - 1900 calories. Based on yesterday I shouldn't have to eat again until next Tuesday but have to stay on track for today:
    - Work out for 90 minutes. Busy day, make it happen:
    - Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    - Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    - Invest 30 minutes on home duties, much to be done:
    -

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I haggled for the first time today lmao.
    Selling my dishwasher because there's nowhere to plumb it in and it's only a couple of years old. Sold it for 50 for a quick sale so I can get some space back in my living room.
    Guy tried offering me 20 quid! It's worth 200 new! So I think 50 was fair!
    But we got it to 45 in the end.

So long as he he actually turns up now lol! Fingers crossed!