JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 6 May

Yesterday was not a day to be proud of and I can’t say much for today either. Too late for posting goals so I will do goals and outcomes. I will try to do better tomorrow!

Log 👿 No need to catch up on 2 days!
    Stay in the green. 😡 hope so but hard to tell without logging!
    5 fruit and veg 👿. I did go shopping but don’t seem to have planned well
    Water 👿 no excuses again
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊 just managed so at least I get a smiley!
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️. Hardly surprising given yesterday and I don’t think I’ll be seeing a drop tomorrow

Not a great day for health goals but at least I will have a warm head as I finished a hat today. My first hat and I learned two new techniques (Latvian braid and I cord bind off)

c4xg37ex2xof.jpeg

• ZizzyBumble
    Friday 7 May

Today I’m managing to post goals at the start of the day! I really need to concentrate on my water today, I’m feeling thirsty and my resting heart rate is up - I’ve noticed it rises after not enough water and/or too much alcohol! I will also be catching up on the two days of missed logging.

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member

uzv5ct5emeb8.gif

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    [*] 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    [*] 15 Jan: 145.2
    [*] 22 Jan: 144.9
    [*] 14 Feb: 144.0
    [*] 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • 8 April: 143.2
    • 11 April: 142.2 😍
    • Total weight loss: 84.8 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed:✅ Thu: ✅ Fri:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 6/7

🌷Positive intentions for Fri 7 May:
    • Meditation 🪅
    • Weigh/post weight 🪅
    • Working on 5 year review
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry - sort and store 🪅
    • Sorting summer wardrobe
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: 🪅 Watch TV: 🪅
    • Keep up to date with email 🪅
    • Daily goals update 🪅

Feb/March/April/May DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr: 30/30
    💧💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: 30/30
    May: LNS: 0 ~|~ ME: 6

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Terri 🦄
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answers.
    3. Classes: Fiction terms. Read part 2 of "Initiation" and answer questions. Make-up or bonus work.
    4. Planning: Stretch. Update website. Grade projects. Film grammar.
    5. Lunch: BBQ sandwich. Pack pizza! World lit options?
    6. Afternoon: GET MEDS 1 hour Clois. Walk at park. Check in on MFP. Livestream.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Leftovers. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    Today: 193.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today's going to be full. AM run tomorrow, then lunch with parents. Fingers crossed that it won't be too crowded.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Still feeling overwhelmed with so much to do, but now I have a list! This weekend is going to be incredibly packed, I'm helping my sister paint her new house for moving next weekend, I'm hosting a very small (3-4 people) bachelorette party for my bestie, and somewhere somehow we are fitting in a Mother's Day celebration. Thankfully my Sunday is mostly clear and I managed to run all my laundry through this week so I will have some breathing room.

Thursday goals:
    80 oz. water ✅
    figure out Mother's Day!-sort of? I have two ideas and I'm not sure which will pan out

Friday goals:
    80 oz. water
    stick to the list!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing MFP features?

Recap 5/6 R ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) ok for rest day 13/14 & 7.9K
    2) Not sure of supper / net cals zero / 14c water >:) evening M&M binge not logged
    3) GA-IT / webinar 2:00 (pace) / leave 3:40 = 3/3
    4) 4:00 derm appt. / check out outdoor market / mail youngest brother's bday card / decide on gifts for Mother's Day / prep overnight oats & water bottles / other chore? = 6/6 plus got surprise call from Lin & we talked 1.5 hours! :D
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/5 hard to get up early on my 5th straight day in office but managed

JFT 5/7 F
    1) Walked dog 3.44 mi before work B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Steam asparagus (yay) & make sausage w/ lentils & veg for supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) GA-IT / schedule walk-thrus w/ Don / Facebook Live 12:00 / update & submit the usual weekly s/s's
    5) Take rhubarb out of freezer at lunch / make rhubarb cake w/ butter sauce / find vase for tulips to give mom Sat. / check DVR recordings / other chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / ? alarm (walk dog before drive to mom & dad's)

Yesterday went to my first outdoor market not sure what I'd find. Happy to get fresh asparagus, green onions, and beautiful tulips. Decided to try lamb burgers (still frozen) and garlic jelly. Also got 2 tamales, which started me down the path of foraging for stuff to eat all evening, ending in binge on M&Ms. Oops.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge / Bellin (virtual) 10K
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member
    Sorry I've been AWOL, I don't feel I have anything positive to add to the thread at the moment. My Mum has been in hospital all week so I've had a lot to deal with. She is at the stage of only receiving palliative care now, so that is a whole new thing for me to learn. The best places for her have no empty beds so it's a waiting game. The hospital is a 30 mile round trip, I'm glad it's not further away.

Needless to say, the dieting is not going well. I still keep it in the back of my mind, but I don't have the mental strength to weigh food and log it (or I just don't want to!). I've only had a proper evening meal once this week, just been grabbing snacks. Because of Covid mum is only allowed one named visitor so I can't get anyone to take over for a day. At least we've moved on and are allowed one visitor, it was awful last year when no visitors were allowed at all.

I weighed myself and I have stayed the same, I'll try and keep that up. Also I haven't walked recently, must start doing that again. I hope to come back when I have more time and more motivation.
    Keep on keeping on everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    Sorry I've been AWOL, I don't feel I have anything positive to add to the thread at the moment. My Mum has been in hospital all week so I've had a lot to deal with. She is at the stage of only receiving palliative care now, so that is a whole new thing for me to learn. The best places for her have no empty beds so it's a waiting game. The hospital is a 30 mile round trip, I'm glad it's not further away.

Needless to say, the dieting is not going well. I still keep it in the back of my mind, but I don't have the mental strength to weigh food and log it (or I just don't want to!). I've only had a proper evening meal once this week, just been grabbing snacks. Because of Covid mum is only allowed one named visitor so I can't get anyone to take over for a day. At least we've moved on and are allowed one visitor, it was awful last year when no visitors were allowed at all.

I weighed myself and I have stayed the same, I'll try and keep that up. Also I haven't walked recently, must start doing that again. I hope to come back when I have more time and more motivation.
    Keep on keeping on everyone x

Im sorry to hear about your mum. Although I'm glad you're atleast able to visit her.

As for your dieting and goals, I don't doubt its not going well with everything you're going through. I wouldn't worry about the logging and weighing and such for now u til you feel up for it, it will just be another stressful thing to keep track of. But I think just being mindful, like you said, will help.

It was lovely of you to check in, and if it gets too much then you know we're here to support you in any way we can xx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Thursday May 6
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 Minutes - 😕

JFT - Friday May 7
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

I’m still posting because doing so really helps remind me of what I want to accomplish even when I don’t do it. The logging alone has helped me considerably even though I’m not staying “in the green” and am usually 200-300 calories in the red I have been slowly losing. Yesterday I was down to 193.8. When I started posting regularly a couple months ago I was very close to 200.

@mytime6630 - I did 6 weeks of physio and have made tremendous progress but every time I bend, squat or lift I am in pain. I’ve kept up with the exercises and have been told there isn’t a lot more she can teach me that it is just going to take time for me to fully heal. She felt she would be wasting my money if she continued. I think I need to see the doctor to see if there is more going on.

I hope you and your husband find relief soon. I have learned just sitting doesn’t help it’s a fine balance.

@ZizzyBumble - what a beautiful hat.

@littleblackskirt - sorry to read about your Mom, it is a very tough situation.
    Hugs to you.

Our restrictions are going back to what they were at the beginning. Our province currently has the highest number of new cases in all of North America, this is not something to be proud of. We are slow on the uptake of vaccines, and we have so many people that just doesn’t care. “It’s just a cold”. So frustrating to those of us that try our best and take it seriously.

I worked late tonight and it’s now 930 and I haven’t had supper. I don’t see the sense now, I think I’ll have a snack and hope I don’t wake up in the night from hunger.

See you tomorrow
  • ZizzyBumble
    @littleblackskirt Im so sorry to read about your mum and the tough time you are having. You’ve enough to deal with without the added pressure of worrying about logging etc. Sending you hugs
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 7 May

Today I’m managing to post goals at the start of the day! I really need to concentrate on my water today, I’m feeling thirsty and my resting heart rate is up - I’ve noticed it rises after not enough water and/or too much alcohol! I will also be catching up on the two days of missed logging.

Log 😊 and caught up on the missing entries 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 😊 😊 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 8 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

I’m not sure what I’m going to do today - the forecast says rain. I could do the ironing but it doesn’t appeal
  • Bex953172
    Saturday 8 May

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

I’m not sure what I’m going to do today - the forecast says rain. I could do the ironing but it doesn’t appeal

When does ironing ever appeal 😂
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Friday May 7
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all Food - 😳 I think I forgot to add the snack
    Walk 15 Minutes -🙂 I’m saying yes because I had to move a lot at work.

JFT - Saturday May 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

Rainy and cool today. I was hoping for a sunny weekend.
    DH went back to work this week and is working evenings this year which includes weekends. This will be lonely.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Bex953172
    edited May 2021
    We have a new family member!
    Meet Rosie the hamster

tqnj8ppbd0ly.jpg

The girls named her, Marley said Rosa and then they decided with Rosie. I think it really suits her lol
    She was asleep in the pic but will get a good one when she's awake :)
  • Bex953172
    4ml2vbtngxrk.jpg

She loves the tube lol, although last night she ventured out and explored her cage and spent most the night running in her wheel lol x
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday May 8
    1.5L of water - 😕 I have no excuse for this. I just don’t want water for some reason
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 Minutes - probably but not intentional.

JFT - Sunday May 9
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

@Bex953172 - I bet the girls are enjoying the new family member. More work for you though. 😂

It is Mother’s Day here in Canada. For the first time in probably a decade my husband bought me flowers. I guess my vocal disappointment the last few years has been heard after all.
    n368coiz29u0.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    JFT - Saturday May 8
    1.5L of water - 😕 I have no excuse for this. I just don’t want water for some reason
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 Minutes - probably but not intentional.

JFT - Sunday May 9
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 Minutes

@Bex953172 - I bet the girls are enjoying the new family member. More work for you though. 😂

It is Mother’s Day here in Canada. For the first time in probably a decade my husband bought me flowers. I guess my vocal disappointment the last few years has been heard after all.
    n368coiz29u0.jpeg

Haha ill be honest, the hamster was for me 😂 I love hamsters.
    There was a girl in the shop with her mum and dad, and we picked the same hamster to buy. I saw the panicked looked on their faces when I was saying I wanted it and I said that she could have it. She was only 14. I said, look I'm 29, I can choose another hamster, I can see you really like her so go get one of the assistants to reserve her.
    Her mum was so grateful lol, felt like I did a good deed for the day.. Over a hamster but hey, opportunities arise in the strangest of places lol. And anyway, it got me Rosie :) she's so cute, I can't wait to hold her!

Them flowers are beautiful too! Happy Mothers Day to you :)
    Xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 8 May

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

I didn’t iron!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 9 May

I’m late posting, the day has escaped and I don’t have much to show for it. I was so tired this afternoon that I took a nap! Early night for me tonight.

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

@Bex953172 Rosie looks very pretty.