I’m new to this app

Options
Hi All I’m new to this and I’m looking to lose 170# by December 2021 I just had gastric sleeve on December 29th excited to be her and need friends and motivation thank to u all in advance and good luck!! Let’s make this the year driving at the moment, will contact you back shortly kill it !!

Mindy Pickrell!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Usually the highest you would aim to lose is around 2lbs per week (so if accurately logging consistently all year with no breaks just over 100lbs), unless you're on a medically supervised program (which you may be if you've had a gastric sleeve).

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy!
    here is a group for people looking to lose more that 100#. You might find a lot of good support there

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

of course you can always reach out to anyone. Agree with @tinkerbellang83 though. While you may lose more the first few weeks if you have a lot to lose, 170 pounds to lose in a year is more than what is generally advised without a doctor. It's a long road ahead, and best of luck to you!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    “Contacting us back shortly” implies procrastination. Start killing it this very minute!!!

It’s all about Calories In/Calories Out (CICO).

There’s some great meal and snack tips over on the food and nutrition board. Snacks are what get me, so be sure to check out any “healthy snacks” threads. And be sure to build some snacks and treats in.

Don’t throw yourself in whole hog with an ultra low calorie diet. I know it’s tempting to try to do it all at once, but slow and steady wins the race with weight loss. You’re learning lifetime habits here, not rabbiting to some goal, saying “-ahhhhh” and falling back into old habits.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Much success to you!
  • mlpick29
    mlpick29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah you are all probably right I need to change my goal I’ve given it some thought and I’m thinking ten pounds a month is a good goal. Dr said I can expect to lose 10 to 20 pounds a month but we will see if and how this works out. Had gastric sleeve on the 29th December 2020 and hiatal hernia repaired also. Wish I knew what to expect.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    10lbs a month is still a pretty decent amount and if that's what you doctor is happy with and they're supervising you, then more power to you, I imagine with your sleeve, you'll be feeling a lot fuller a lot quicker than you had previously. Have you been referred to a dietician at all as part of your pre or post-surgery consultation?