Is it normal to believe the person you are in love with is the most attractive person in the world?

cyaneverfat
cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
edited January 2021 in Chit-Chat
Or am I just weird.

I found him more attractive than every celebrity, model or guy on the street I met, by 10 times at least.

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Well yes. If you know them personally it’s not just a skin deep attraction but a connection with them and what makes them, them. It’s real, in other words...not just a fantasy which is a lot of celebrity.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    I think it’s common with the children we love but idk about romantic love.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yes. I don't find men actually attractive unless I feel a strong mental connection with them. Sure there are actors that are aesthetically pleasing but I find them to be on the same level of attraction as say a nice mountain range or car.
  • twitchandshout
    Perhaps it's your normal. I can't say I've ever experienced such a feeling. If I did, it was fleeting.

I agree with @twitchandshout, my children have only sparked such a constant flame. Never did I believe in love at first sight until my child looked at me for the very first time. They are still the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Yes, I think I’d say that ideally the partner you choose would be your first choice, but that physical appearance is only a small part of that.

Then again, when I love someone, even a little, I like looking at them.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @sardelsa wrote: »
    Yes. I don't find men actually attractive unless I feel a strong mental connection with them. Sure there are actors that are aesthetically pleasing but I find them to be on the same level of attraction as say a nice mountain range or car.

As long as it's a muscle car.

That's about equivalent to Steve Buscemi ;)
  • twitchandshout
    Perhaps it's your normal. I can't say I've ever experienced such a feeling. If I did, it was fleeting.

I agree with @twitchandshout, my children have only sparked such a constant flame. Never did I believe in love at first sight until my child looked at me for the very first time. They are still the most beautiful creatures on the planet.

Yes, I think I’d say that ideally the partner you choose would be your first choice, but that physical appearance is only a small part of that.

Until they've done something to crush your soul. I've never looked at a man that had done me wrong and thought...."you so fkn smokin hot." 😂

I’ve never had my soul crushed but I can see how that would be true.
  • twitchandshout

Until they've done something to crush your soul. I've never looked at a man that had done me wrong and thought...."you so fkn smokin hot." 😂

I’ve never had my soul crushed but I can see how that would be true.

Well...you crush my soul every time you disappear. Let's not do that anymore. 💋

I'm not even sure if guilt even works with you, but its worth a shot. Next is empty threats! 😂

I can’t take the pressure! 😂
  • twitchandshout
    edited January 2021
    Also, I don’t understand “most attractive” the same way I don’t understand favorite book or favorite food. There’s too much beauty of too many kinds to have a favorite.
  • twitchandshout
    Also, I don’t understand “most attractive” the same way I don’t understand favorite book or favorite food. There’s too much beauty of too many kinds to have a favorite.

Have you even heard "Kashmir?"

BTW - I also have a favorite child. 😯😂
    Let me guess. It’s the one who’s the biggest pain in the butt.

Me to each of my children: You’re my favorite. Don’t tell your brothers.

Me to the cat: I love you best. Don’t tell the dog.

Me to the dog: I love you best. Don’t tell the cat.
  • twitchandshout

Have you even heard "Kashmir?"

BTW - I also have a favorite child. 😯😂
    Let me guess. It’s the one who’s the biggest pain in the butt.

Me to each of my children: You’re my favorite. Don’t tell your brothers.

Me to the cat: I love you best. Don’t tell the dog.

Me to the dog: I love you best. Don’t tell the cat.

You are absolutely correct! She's also my baby.

I'll usually wait til they're in the same room and hug them really tight...while I whisper (out loud) "you're my favorite, but don't tell your sister."

Me to the dog - I'm not really sure how I feel about you right now considering the stunt you pulled this morning don't look at me with those cute puppy dog eyes either cuz I don't even like you atm but you are absolutely my favorite don't tell the bearded drsgon

Btw, My dog did the same thing on my bed yesterday. It was time to wash the bedding anyway, but still
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    At one time this was 100% true for me. Don't think I'll ever feel that way again.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    At one time this was 100% true for me. Don't think I'll ever feel that way again.
    I don't believe it's up to us to decide that. When love feels lost, it has a way of finding its way back to you. Love always prevails in the end!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    I don't believe it's up to us to decide that. When love feels lost, it has a way of finding its way back to you. Love always prevails in the end!

Lol. Not sure how much of this is a joke😜...but I agree to some degree. Its not that I'll never love again...I think I was young, naive, and unaware. Now🤷‍♀️im not
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

Sometimes. Sometimes when love has been destroyed there is nothing in this world or any other that can bring it back. It may be possible to love again, but not the same person. Sometimes things are gone for good
  • PlentyofProtein00

Sometimes. Sometimes when love has been destroyed there is nothing in this world or any other that can bring it back. It may be possible to love again, but not the same person. Sometimes things are gone for good

Yes, to this as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Of course. When you look at a celebrity and don't personally know them, you're just looking at features. With the person you're in love with, you've likely learned their personality on a personal level, learned about their character, what their goals are and also they are likely feeling the same about you, unlike a celebrity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SodaDrinker
    SodaDrinker Posts: 106 Member
    i think its rare, because the person youre with is never the person you imagined being with
    also when i open instagram, theres way more attractive people than the one i love