Ground Coriander

Options
LisaGetsMoving
LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
My spouse accidentally bought ground coriander when he was supposed to get cumin. Does anyone have any good recipes for using coriander?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Ground coriander is coriander seed, which is slightly lemony. Doesn't take like fresh coriander leaves and stalks. I would put it in sweet dishes, such as cake, custard, cookies.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I found one worth trying. Toss chicken chunks, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts in a mixture of olive oil, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes and ground coriander. Let sit 30 min. Bake/roast in preheated 425 degree oven approx 25 - 30 min.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    Options
    Yes, I noticed it has a sweet floral scent. I was reading that it came from the same plant as cilantro but it smells and tastes nothing like cilantro. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Travelerraven
    Travelerraven Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use ground coriander in many, many dishes - Indian, Moroccan, Middle Eastern, African, Mexican etc. I almost always use it alongside cumin as it’s a perfect counterpoint to the slightly musty, earthy tones of cumin. It’s more citrusy and slightly floral.

It’s good in so many things! Pairs really well with lemon juice and other citrus flavours in both sweet and savoury applications.

I agree we use with all dishes we make and when we make sausages we add it in the mix.