Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sugar-Free Jello

MsCzarMsCzar Member Posts: 149 Member Member Posts: 149 Member
in Recipes
My go-to sugar-free gelatin dessert is simply to add a lot of fruit (mostly berries) to the package directions. Does anybody here have a more ambitious recipe using sugar free gelatin? As a kid, I remember some sort of Jello/Cool Whip/fruit concoction that was delicious. Maybe there's a healthier version of that? Ideas appreciated!

Replies

• TeaBeaTeaBea Member Posts: 14,391 Member Member Posts: 14,391 Member
    Something like Yoplait Whips - take a 4 serving package of jello add 1 cup boiling water. Stir. Chill until it's slightly thickened. Beat in 1 cup of Greek yogurt, use a mixer if you want a light airy section on the top. Pour into desert cups and chill until thickened.

Surprisingly - orange jello is really good with crushed pineapple and shredded carrots.

Growing up I remember a lime jello salad with chopped celery, shredded carrots and chopped cabbage.

You might be thinking of Weight Watchers jello pudding fluff
  • lorrpblorrpb Member Posts: 11,401 Member Member Posts: 11,401 Member
    There are lower calorie Cool Whip options, sugar free or low fat. You could use yogurt too.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,656 Member Member Posts: 4,656 Member
    My favorite is called “under the sea”. Plain lime jello with chopped pears on bottom. Whipped lime jello with cream cheese,
    Cool whip, or yogurt added on top.
  • MsCzarMsCzar Member Posts: 149 Member Member Posts: 149 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Something like Yoplait Whips - take a 4 serving package of jello add 1 cup boiling water. Stir. Chill until it's slightly thickened. Beat in 1 cup of Greek yogurt, use a mixer if you want a light airy section on the top. Pour into desert cups and chill until thickened.

Surprisingly - orange jello is really good with crushed pineapple and shredded carrots.

I thought that pineapple was the one fruit you couldn't use in Jello?

I am going to attempt to make the "Whips" thing this afternoon. Wish me luck! Do you ever add fruit to that?

• MsCzarMsCzar Member Posts: 149 Member Member Posts: 149 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Something like Yoplait Whips - take a 4 serving package of jello add 1 cup boiling water. Stir. Chill until it's slightly thickened. Beat in 1 cup of Greek yogurt, use a mixer if you want a light airy section on the top.

<3 THANK YOU!!! <3

This was soooo goooood! I dissolved the package in 1c. boiling water, but then added ~1c halved frozen strawberries - stirred until it started to thicken and then added ~1c Greek yogurt. Gave it a good mix with an electric hand mixer and chilled. O.M.G!!!! It didn't layer - but I was hoping it wouldn't. This might be my new fave dessert.

• rosebarnalicerosebarnalice Member Posts: 2,946 Member Member Posts: 2,946 Member
    I think I was traumatized as a child: my mother made jello EVERYTHING, so I can't the stuff now! I think she even tried to out chunks of old jello into new jello :-)