Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Looking for smoothie recipes!

WarmDontBurnWarmDontBurn Member Posts: 1,240 Member Member Posts: 1,240 Member
in Recipes
I am not a huge fan of veggies and don't get enough fruit in my diet so I am looking for a chalked full of fruit/veggie smoothie. Only stipulation is it must be 250 calories or less!

Thinking spinach, blueberries and......

Replies

• rosebarnalicerosebarnalice Member Posts: 2,946 Member Member Posts: 2,946 Member
    I don't drink them often, but my typical recipe is 140 grams of frozen mixed fruit, and a total of about 200 grams of some combination of raw cucumber, celery, shredded carrot, kale, and/or spinach (all of these are pretty easy to hide in a smoothie). Crank than in my Ninja with some water and maybe a bit of stevia.

If you find the kale, celery, or shredded carrot to be a bit too strong for your taste, try microwaving them for about a minute before adding to the frozen fruit.
  • Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    I usually eat smoothies at least once a day. However, I eat them as a meal and they're high protein with a little bit of healthy fat, so they're usually a minimum of 350 calories.
  • Angela937Angela937 Member Posts: 514 Member Member Posts: 514 Member
    Get a whey isolate protein powder. There's a brand called PB2 I think, that is Peanut Butter powder, and they also have a PB with chocolate powder. I do a scoop of chocolate powder, 2 TBSP of the PB2, medium banana, cup of milk, and some ice and blend it up in my Ninja.
  • CertifiedPersonalTrainerCertifiedPersonalTrainer Member, Premium Posts: 14 Member Member, Premium Posts: 14 Member
    Prep Time: 5min - Cook Time: 0min. 👍🏽

kfjxve8zvdp2.png
    msxf530yn4s5.png

@chloeguo, @moni94, @Poco_Loco, @carolinak74, @pavanreddym2013, @lizadoliddle, @correen_b, @paulperryman, @yungibear
    Scan with myFitnesspal to easily count the calories. 👍🏽 💪🏽