Any other woman weigh around 155lb and height 5'7?

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter at 5'5 but weigh 154. The 150s have been really slow moving for me. My goal is about 140.

Snap except I am 5'6!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 191. I was shooting for 175 as I already feel like I have some pretty defined hip bones and collar bones, and I was worried about how I'd look under that. I am so encouraged by this thread -- seems that I may not need to worry so much about not being able to get down to 150 or so. Thanks Ladies!
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tha'ts me! I'm 5'8
    CW 173
    GW 140ish ( I actually have no idea, the only time I made it beneath 150 was because I was extremly sick and couldn't eat)

I was 153 in May, so yeah, gaining 20 pounds is 3 month, not exactly thrilled about it. I'm pretty sure it's mostly stress causing it, but giving it another 6 weeks to see if I can get any of it off before I go to the Docter to get checked out, it just does not seem to be coming off at all, and I am extremly uncomfortable with my body right now, I just feel awkward!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter at 5'5 but weigh 154. The 150s have been really slow moving for me. My goal is about 140.

Snap except I am 5'6!

And we both have 2 kids close together! (Mine are 2.5 & the other will be 4 in December). Too funny!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Snap except I am 5'6!

And we both have 2 kids close together! (Mine are 2.5 & the other will be 4 in December). Too funny!

My American twin lol.
  • JanAlyssa825
    JanAlyssa825 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in just about the same place! I'm 5'8".

SW: 160
    CW: 143
    GW: 135-140

I've hit several plateaus along the way, and have found that changing up my exercise routine, eating a little closer to my goals, and (maybe most of all) making a concerted effort to drink LOTS of water has helped me break through!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5" and am at 145 trying to get to 135 or lower... not really sure where I want to end up. But it is definitely slower in the end! :)
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You're singing my song! I'm 5'6" and have been stuck at 155 for weeks. I'm trying to get to 145, but my body must think 155 is perfect. Just like it thought 177 was perfect for 10 years and 185-190 for 5 years before that (my highest weight was 240 - yikes....)

I can't seem to get under 155 for more than 1/2 a day. I have tried mixing up my cardio (I was doing eilliptical daily because I own one - I think my body started to expect it!) going over by 300 cals every third day, lifting 3-4 times a week etc. I also do something active every day. The only thing I haven't done is drastically restrict my calories for an extended period of time, just to get things moving. Believe it when I say I'm ready to plug in 1,000 cals into my budget and just see what happens, even though everyone says 1,200 is the bare minimum.

Want to see if we can crack this mystery together?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    me me!!! ooh, ooh, pick me!

i'm 5'7". highest weight was 163 (ugh). i've been anywhere from 153-157 for the past 2 years (before i topped out at 163, i was in the 150s for a decade). TRYING to get to 135-140.
  • Christismylife
    Christismylife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and have been stuck around 152-154 for a while. I started in the 190's.I haven't been diligent to stick under my calorie goals recently, so it's definitely not a plateau. I m trying to make he final push to my goal weight of 145. I may want to go a bit lower once I see how that weight feels.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 168, wanting to get back down to 150-145. I was able to get to 142 a year ago, but I used Medifast to get to that. Unfortunately once I started eating real foods, I just couldnt sustain that weight (and that is with running and lifting). I got a bit lazy for a few months and got back up to 170, so I've been back at doing my work outs (Insanity and P90X) along with some running and just watching the calories. The weight is coming off a lot slower this time, but I feel a lot strong than when I just did Medifast and lost the weight. Plus this way I eat real food again and feel healthier. For me, 155 is the weight I have always been stuck at when I eat healthy and exercise hard (I've ran in 15 marathons and over 20 half marathons since 2008). I think being around 150 is where I am meant to be, unless I really push it and eat less. It really does depend on your body type, some people could get down in the 130s, but personally I think I would faint if I ever got that low, but that's just me.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can add me

Age 44
    SW 160
    CW 144
    GW 135

I just started in June. Have been 144 for about 2-3 weeks now. About 2.5 years ago I was 135. Between 2 moves and a less active job I put on some pounds. Trying to get back down to below 140. But my main goal is just to be more active and eat healthier most of the time.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm also 5'7'' and currently 161. I'm 41 years old and hope to get down between 145 and 150. Now I'm not so focused on numbers as I also recently started to lift so nsv is also very important for me :-)

It's kinda neat to see other women that are pretty close to my body type (height, weight, etc..) :bigsmile:
  • dinggleberry
    dinggleberry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had trouble in the 150's too! I cannot seem to budge them but I'm really focusing on my diet now. Hopefully that helps. I'm 5'5.
  • rslarsenx2
    rslarsenx2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"

SW: 185
    CW: 173
    GW: 140-145

Been struggling between the top two numbers for years!!! Hoping that MFP works for me. I have a problem staying motivated. I stress eat b/c kids and life stress me out. I wish I was in the 150's already....
  • lismcm
    lismcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    40 years old and I'm 5'7 too
    SW:179 5/1/2013
    CW:162
    GW:140-145
    I have lost steadily since May 1st and I hope to continue. I workout for at least one hour per day 6 out of 7 days a week. I eat my excercise calories back,too. Most day I eat around 1800 cal. My goal is to be at my goal weight by the end of this year :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'6" and currently weight 155lbs. Down 24 since I started this program in May. Want to get to somewhere between 130-140.
    That's me! I hover around 135 at 5'6" (started at 156 many years ago).
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm not QUITE that tall.
    I'm 5"5 and 1/2 at 150lbs. :] But feel free to add! My goal weight is 130.
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    Hi all! I am 5'7ish and about 151lbs now. 140-145 is the goal. I am a runner, and my starting weight was 182lbs in July of last year.
    Awesome to see so many ladies my size/body type and I just joined today!
  • Evybean
    Evybean Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this post...I'm far from alone being 5'7/29yo. My SW and highest was 170 in June ( after 2 half marathons....go figure...guess it doesn't matter how much I run, can't run my butt off with beer and fries) right now I'm stuck at 150. Still a size 12, would love to be 130 and a size 8 ( same weight and size 5 yrs ago when I got married). Since the end of June, I've been sticking with 1200 calories/ low carb, low sugar ( protein shakes have been a great meal replacement for me). Goals: drink more water and eat more vegetables. I'm trying to patiently lose at least 1lb a week, while getting into shape ( never quite been in shape ;) ). Basically trying to do some type of cardio everyday ( kickboxing/ C25k with the hubby/swimming to start 9/9/Jillian michaels) and weights 3x/wk. I find motivation on Pinterest ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!