Any other woman weigh around 155lb and height 5'7?

Options

Replies

• mummykatie79
    mummykatie79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm 5'7 and currently at 155. I got down to 143 from 199 after pregnancy, but since giving up breastfeeding have put on 12lbs. Boo!
    Just started running 3/4 times a week and generally eat healthily , but my weekends tend to let me down!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    CLOSE! 5 foot 8 and 159! :D

I'm going for 140.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    5ft 8 here and I wish I was 155lbs!! Started at 204lbs at the beginning of this year and lost a lot at the start but now losing at a snails pace c.w. 163lbs. Would like initially to get down to 150.
  • leelxxsh
    leelxxsh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'7" here.
    SW: 159
    CW: 139
    GW: 135, though now that I'm so close to it I might bump it down to about 130...

Feel free to add me, I log every day and am used to living on a cheap budget (college student probs)!

Edited for spelling
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" age 34. I started at 155, am down to 145 (Got to 139 for one day then went on vacation, etc.) My goal is around 135. I want to fit nicely in all my cute size 4's that I bought with insane optimism and smash my booty into once in a while.

I am a big fan of eating a lot, exercising efficiently, and doing it slowly/sustainably. I am finding I have to log, because without it I will eat 3,000 calories a day without noticing. I have no intention of giving up any foods or wine! My biggest lesson is portion control.
  • breepi4
    Options
    I'm early-20s 5'7" and 150 - trying to get down around 135, or 140 if I'm happy there :) I'd love to have some mfp friends... I'm just getting started and hadn't really realized how much of a social aspect there could be!!
  • abbydownton
    abbydownton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds, currently up a couple and won't change my ticker, lol.

5'7
    cw 141
    gw 135
    age 58

All my extra weight is in my tummy.

I'm doing 30ds and am on week 8 of c25k. I've always wanted to be a runner, but sadly I'm more of a shuffler.

Would love to be added.
  • Soedeste
    Options
    Hiii, I am looking for mfp friends too if anyone wants to add me

I am 5"8, currently 153lbs, my goal is 143 lbs by the end of this year. preferably sooner rather than later
    but it seems like its taking ages and ages to re-comit and be consistent so I can lose the last weight

feel free to add me
  • klcalliari
    klcalliari Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm 153 and so far have lost 85 lbs and am looking to get to 138. And I'm 5'7". Match made in heaven :)
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ditto me too!

5'7 and 44yrs
    SW179
    CW 154
    GW 140

Been loitering around this weight for a couple of months now and although really pleased I didn't put loads of weight on during the summer holidays which is my tendency, I need to get back on it, drink more water, get back to running and really would like to start some weights and tone this flab! Feel free to befriend me...
  • MisConway
    MisConway Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I made a goal at the end of August that I would lose 5 lbs/month until February. This would put me at a loss of 35 pounds just in time for our trip to Mexico. This goal is a big deal for me for a couple of reasons:

1. It is REALISTIC and does not involve any past disordered eating or exercising. It is not a “quick fix”, and allows for fluctuations throughout the month.
    2. It is slow and steady, which means it has a better chance of being long lasting.
    3. The last time my husband and I went to Mexico was in 2007 after I had lost 98 pounds following the birth of kid #1. I weighed 142 at the time. Fast forward 6 years and 2 more kids, and I have never weighed 142 since that vacation. I became pregnant right after (In Mexico actually!) with #2 and could not get down past 150 after that. Then in 2011 we had #3 and I have been stuck between 152-164 ever since.
    4. I am really staying open minded about this goal. A loss of 35 pounds would put me at 123 pounds in February. While I think that would be a good place to be, I understand that I might not hit that point. So I am going into this with the idea that my goal can be modified. If I am at 140 and feeling great, maybe my goal changes to more toning, increasing my run pace, etc…

Well, today I exceeded my September goal! I lost 6 pounds in the month of September, .75” off of each thigh, 1” off of each bicep, 1” off of my bust, and 1” off of my both my natural waist and around my belly button.

What have I been doing? I am a long distance runner, so I have been training for two 10 mile races and a half marathon. I actually just beat my PR by 7 min at my 10 mile two weeks ago, I was ecstatic about it! My season ends in October so I plan on beginning a 12 week weight lifting/HIIT program in November that will take me through February, while also maintaining 1 weekly long run that I love. I have been logging food as often as I can, being sure to stay around the 1200 calorie mark. Honestly, some days I am not that hungry and don’t take in more than 1150, but most days I am between 1200-1350. I do not feel deprived at that mark. I have tried higher caloric, higher fat, Paleo/Primal type stuff in the past and gained 10 pounds in 1 month. My family eats well. High in produce and meats, low in processed food. I cook 90% of our meals. Also, I am not a big drinker so limiting alcohol to 1 drink a week, or sometimes 1-3 drinks at a party 1x/month is not a big deal for me. I have stopped adding additional salt to food. I drink at least 16 glasses of water/day, often 20. Water is the only thing I drink, besides coffee. I am in grad school in addition to working, being a wife, and having 3 kids, so I don’t get to work out every day, more like 4-5 days/week and I DO NOT beat myself up over it like I used to.

I am feeling motivated for October and ready to take down another 5! My other goal for October is NO DESSERTS, NOT EVEN ONE. I am not getting rid of all sugar, because sometimes a Chobani yogurt is my treat in the afternoon, but no desserts. This will keep me from picking at the baked goods people leave in the kitchen at work, and also keep me away from all of that Halloween candy! Good luck with your October goals everyone!

(For those of you interested, I am 5’7, SW 158, CW 152)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Age 55. 5'7. Current weight 152. Goal weight 140-143.
    That should be perfect. For my age.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    5"8 162 lbs
    My goal is 155. I am an athlete and want to keep my muscles.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8'' and my current weight is 157.8. I started out at 223 at the end of March of this year and I have lost 65.2 pounds so far. My goal weight is 140 pounds. Not exactly your height but only a inch off.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    5'7 150lbs goal: 125
  • katiebrah
    Options
    Hi!
    SW-155lb
    GW-120LB

Just started. It seems my weight keeps going up and i'm developing spider veins in my buttox and inner thy.:(
    Just started to do yoga and rollerblading today. 30mins each. Only drinkinking tea and water. Fruits and vegetables. I'm hungry but i feel so good! I have a small frame so the weight is really noticeable. I would love to be 120 again! Any advice on how to lose the weight faster?
    Thanks
    Katie
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 3/4''

When I was training for my first half marathon last winter and doing heavy cardio I could not break 151-155.

When I finished the first half I immediately prioritized weight training equal to or not more than my cardio. From late January to the end of May I was able to go from 155 to 132 lbs only because of the weight training.

I have yet to do a true bulk type cycle, but did need to increase my calories significantly along the way. I was terrified so I went gradually like this (while eating back exercise calories)

Jan net 1200
    Feb net 1350
    March net 1600
    April net 1800
    May net 1900

I stayed at net 1900 for June/July, fell off the wagon in August and September....and have been getting back on track since October. I lowered my net for October to 1600, and am still there. I will go up to 1750 and 1900 respectively before the end of the year.

This is just what's worked for me to break that barrier that I had stayed at for a good 4 months (151-155 lbs)
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'6
    SW: 185
    CW: 154
    GW: 144

I'd love to have some new girlfriends with similar goals. It's been super helpful to read this topic and I've gotten some good tips/inspiration from it. I'm 33 and with the help of my current pals, I'm back in pretty good shape. I'm ready to take it to the next level. Good luck, girls!
  • Marryparker
    Options
    I am 5'4 but weight is 155 trying to loss 25 pounds
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 157 pounds right now, with a goal weight of 120.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!