new member but old member(its been yrs since Ive been on here

Been gone from MFP for a long time and almost to my goal weight. I decided maybe I needed to focus a little more on my goal. I only have 8 lbs to go but I have struggled with those 8 lbs for a long time. Three yrs ago I was told I have Inclusion Body Myositis which is a muscle disease. It is a wasting away of muscles in my fore arms and thighs and loss of hand muscles. There is no cure for this so that is a shock but I keep going forward. I find myself eating and not being really hungry. I tell myself I need to eat and I'm not eating the right stuff. With this disorder I have a swallowing issue and I choke since food gets caught in my throat.

I am hoping to learn from someone who follows a anti inflammation diet since that is a major concern of mine.

I started my weight loss journey at 210 lbs and when my late husband passed away the loss began. I am now down to 133. Please done tell me I don't need to lose weight. I am doing what my Dr tells me to do. I need to be to a weight that my husband can care for me since I fall a lot and he picks me up. I've lost 87 lbs by eating healthy and watching portion control..

Hope I can meet a few friends and find some ideas of better foods to eat and easy to swallow.

Neva

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited January 2021
    Welcome back to the forums! While I don't have any eating tips for you, there are likely a few threads discussing this topic. For example, "Best anti-inflammatory food choices?"

It's an older thread from last year but @ReenieHJ is still around and she's a sweetie (and hilarious). Perhaps you two will connect in that thread or as friends.

ETA: Errrm, no pressure lol
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,137 MFP Staff
    Hi Neva - welcome back.

It sounds like you have been though a lot and I hope you are able to find a supportive community here.

This is a very recent discussion on inflammation I thought you might find helpful.