Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How often do you weigh yourself?

13»

Replies

• eels4peels00eels4peels00 Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    Daily, not even going to lie, but I'm not as obsessed with the numbers like I once was. As long as I'm in a ball park I'm good.
  • FivefootninebaddieFivefootninebaddie Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I usually weight myself every 2 weeks but I’m trying to stop because it really triggers my ED tendencies when I haven’t lost more.
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Member Posts: 6,053 Member Member Posts: 6,053 Member
    Every morning and evening. Although it’s generally frowned upon to weigh more than once a day, it lets me see if I’m having heart and kidney inflammation due to my lupus. I typically drop between three and four pounds between night and morning. The first sign of a flare is usually failing to drop weight during the night because of water retention. Knowing that I’m starting a flare lets me jump on my meds and get ahead of it.

I don’t stress about scale fluctuations unless there’s a trend over time. Usually I know exactly why my weight is up or down - heavy workout, ate Asian food with a lot of soy, not enough sleep, dehydrated after a long run - and it doesn’t bother me.