How to get my vains to show up on my arms

I want to get my vains to show or pop up on my arms but probably have too much fat covered in them

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Visible veins will depend on bodyfat in total and distribution. Plus some herddity regarding the size and position of the veins.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    You have a lot of weight still to lose and you aren't doing resistance training - try to keep your expectations reasonable.

And when you get down to a much lower level of bodyfat there's still a big element of genetics at play, some people's veins show at a higher level of bodyfat / lower lever of muscularity and some people's don't and have to get very lean.
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    You have a lot of weight still to lose and you aren't doing resistance training - try to keep your expectations reasonable.

And when you get down to a much lower level of bodyfat there's still a big element of genetics at play, some people's veins show at a higher level of bodyfat / lower lever of muscularity and some people's don't and have to get very lean.

I dunno about that I wouldn't go by the scales I go by how I look in the mirror
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Low body fat. Usually 15% and under.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • sijomial
    sflano1783 wrote: »

You posted a picture in your recent thread and as a rough guess I would say perhaps 35% bodyfat without much apparent muscle mass underneath. And your only current training is walking.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/45654213

@ninerbuff
    With your experience what percentage would you guess OP is?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member

You posted a picture in your recent thread and as a rough guess I would say perhaps 35% bodyfat without much apparent muscle mass underneath. And your only current training is walking.

@ninerbuff

Not @ninerbuff but I looked at the picture and I would agree 35% and minimal muscle mass.

OP you have a ways to go. Enjoy the journey to better health.
  • ninerbuff

@ninerbuff
    Over 35%.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • sflano1783

@ninerbuff

So can I still build muscle in a calorie deficit at the moment??
  • sflano1783
    Would a lean Bulk sooth me to build up my muscles on my body cause I don't want to end up with skinny and not much muscle under neat my fat
  • sijomial

@ninerbuff

Not with walking.
    Bodyweight exercises have already been suggested as gyms are shut.
  • sflano1783

@ninerbuff

Not with walking.
    Bodyweight exercises have already been suggested as gyms are shut.

Do you think I should do a lean bulk
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Not sure i agree with that. I've had veins showing in my arms and legs since 20% or a little higher. But i loss in those places first.
  • sflano1783
    psuLemon wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Not sure i agree with that. I've had veins showing in my arms and legs since 20% or a little higher. But i loss in those places first.

I kinda hav vains in my arms when I'm working my arms like when my body is warm
  • psuLemon
    Would a lean Bulk sooth me to build up my muscles on my body cause I don't want to end up with skinny and not much muscle under neat my fat

You have a hell out a lot of fat to lose - far, far, far too soon to start worrying about being skinny. Any kind of bulk is totally the wrong thing to do when you are obese.

Advice remains the same, sensible calorie deficit and train as well as you can. When you have lost 35 - 40lbs you will have a far better idea what is underneath.

I understand you don't like cutting but it still has to be done, not just for looks but for your long term health.

To add, the biggest thing and reason for cutting is to improvements to metabolic health. Lifting heavy and running a high protein diet will help with building muscle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I kinda hav vains in my arms when I'm working my arms like when my body is warm

Time and patience. I am about 15% now and i got that *kitten* in my arms, legs and ab region (these came out around 17-20%
  • sflano1783

You have a hell out a lot of fat to lose - far, far, far too soon to start worrying about being skinny. Any kind of bulk is totally the wrong thing to do when you are obese.

Advice remains the same, sensible calorie deficit and train as well as you can. When you have lost 35 - 40lbs you will have a far better idea what is underneath.

I understand you don't like cutting but it still has to be done, not just for looks but for your long term health.

OK will iv been in a cut nearly a year now but only lost somthing like 8kgs clothes and jeans fit better used to be in a 38inch waist jeans now I fit into 32inch jeans so picture might not say how I look but feel slimmer
  • psuLemon

OK will iv been in a cut nearly a year now but only lost somthing like 8kgs clothes and jeans fit better used to be in a 38inch waist jeans now I fit into 32inch jeans so picture might not say how I look but feel slimmer

That's good. Keep on going. The rest will follow.
  • sflano1783
    Current body picture tonight
  • ninerbuff

@ninerbuff

If you're new to lifting, you can to an extent. Right now, I would be having you doing basics to build foundation.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png