Question about the rate of weight loss :)

Options
I have been doing really well staying in my calories each day but i've noticed I've only bee at it 19 days and I've lost 8lbs.. is this too fast or a bad thing? I thought I read it was healthy to lose a pound or two a week but it looks like were half way thought the month and im already at 8lbs. I am happy lol but at the same time I don't want to be accidentally sabotaging myself long run. Is it ok? Or... ?

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When I did low carb dieting, I lost a lot of weight the first two weeks then would go a few weeks with no loss at all, then I'd drop a bit, then stall for a week or two. As long as I was consistent in my eating, over time I lost weight, but it was sometimes rather frustrating, especially after the initial big loss. It can happen with CICO as well if you are eating significantly fewer carbs than your usual diet. (The body holds on to water to help process the carbs.)
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    You can drop a lot of weight practically overnight just by cutting out just salt and alcohol! But, be sure you're drinking a lot of fluids!
  • paperstargirlie
    paperstargirlie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the help everybody! Very informative and inspiring! I am excited to keep on the journey! ❤️
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the help everybody! Very informative and inspiring! I am excited to keep on the journey! ❤️

How's it going, now that you're a couple of weeks further into it? Has the loss rate slowed a little at same calories, have you adjusted calories, or . . . ?

Keep us posted, if you feel up to it: I always wonder how people's stories here turn out, in the longer run!

Best wishes for continued success!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    You can drop a lot of weight practically overnight just by cutting out just salt and alcohol! But, be sure you're drinking a lot of fluids!

Of course, you have to make sure not to die of hyponatremia before you drop the weight practically overnight. Of course, if you die, your bowels will relax, so there will that weight loss.
  • paperstargirlie
    paperstargirlie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

How's it going, now that you're a couple of weeks further into it? Has the loss rate slowed a little at same calories, have you adjusted calories, or . . . ?

Keep us posted, if you feel up to it: I always wonder how people's stories here turn out, in the longer run!

It has slowed down quite a bit yeah. I lost 3 lbs the next month and then March hit with some personal madness so I struggled. I maintained tho, so thats good. Getting back on the horse now! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

It has slowed down quite a bit yeah. I lost 3 lbs the next month and then March hit with some personal madness so I struggled. I maintained tho, so thats good. Getting back on the horse now! :)

You're doing the right things. Life gets complicated sometimes, and certain things slip to let other things get needed attention. The only actual failure is stopping permanently. Hang in there, keep making progress, and keep checking in! 😉