Back after a long break

Hi all. I have been back on MFP after a longish break and would like to make friends for mutual support. I am looking to build confidence, community and health.

I am 57 years old and emigrated from the US to Germany a few years ago. I work as a tech writer, so lots of sitting at my job, plus a 2 1/2 hour commute by public transport every day, which leaves little time for sports. I am autistic, so gyms and group sport activities are too loud and overwhelming for me, but cycling and hiking really work for me (cycling is a special interest). I am now building up to start commuting by bike when the national lockdown ends and I am back in the office. I have lost 17 kg over the past year (6 in the last month and a half), but would like to lose another 35.

I have a dog (she came with me from the States and is getting used to life as a Hund), and play music (guitar, fiddle, banjo, mando etc.) and video games.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Welcome back and congratulations on your loss so far! If you're looking for support, Larger Losers is a great active group...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

That's a very long commute might I say.
  • fietsvrouw
    fietsvrouw Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks TinkerBellang83. I will check that out!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    My cats are from Germany. They have passports. And tattoos. And because they come from an isthmus, they will only eat fish. Long story.

Oh, those funloving Germans. (I note that MFP autocorrects to unloving. Freudian slip?)

I'm 58 and don't have any real excuse for not liking my fellow humans, and violently disliking noisy places. But I did manage to lose weight, and so can you.

BTW, have you thought about yoga? It's a very, very introspective and quiet practice as generally done here in the US. I have limited experience with German studios, but it wasn't a noisy or crowded practice there, either.

Welcome to MFP, sweetie. Hope you emigrated someplace fun!

g2zny1f3yhqy.jpg

• happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Hey you! I am based in Munich and log my food every day. Would be nice to see a German diary for a change, add me if you like.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Welcome back 😊