Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
edited January 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
What are you thankful for? Please share

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Im in the US. Watching the inagural on TV. Its amazing to see the country come together. We are hopeful things will get better. Not to make this political. I am just hopeful we will work together instead of against each other.I am thankful for everyone!

Same! Thank you so much for saying that. It was my first time seeing it and it just hit me. Love that you said something real in the moment 😊
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    Every day I say that I am thankful for the people in life, the home I live in, the food I have, the new day that I have been given and the opportunity to make it a better day for me or someone around me.

Amazed that you say that everyday. Would be cool to log that everyday as much as we log our food. Thanks for giving me the idea!
  • Ddsb11
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Honestly, my first "thankfuls" are always the basics: Adequate food, shelter, clothing; relative safety; pretty OK health for my age and stage; modern medical care; a few good friends. Not everyone - especially globally - is so lucky. I'm grateful.

Thanks so much for sharing! You thanklessly give yourself to us here, so I want to thank you for that 🙏🏻
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »

Hi Lisa. I lost my father to COVID this year like many people. It certainly makes the annoyance of process feel smaller, in the scope of things. It’s a big reason for the post. In a time where so many of us feel hopeless, we need to remind ourselves how to be grateful. So for this reason, I genuinely thank you.

I'm so sorry. [HUG] One day I hope as a nation we may properly mourn the loss we've suffered. Thank you for starting this thread, it's good to remind ourselves of the good in the world.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I am grateful for our farm. And for our guardians, Holly and Hagrid, who protect us and our livestock.

Just being nosy, @callsitlikeiseeit - what are Holly & Hagrid? Great Pyrenees? I have a Komondor and a Bergamasco but the only thing they guard is me
    ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Hooliekom wrote: »

I am grateful for our farm. And for our guardians, Holly and Hagrid, who protect us and our livestock.

Just being nosy, @callsitlikeiseeit - what are Holly & Hagrid? Great Pyrenees? I have a Komondor and a Bergamasco but the only thing they guard is me
    ;)

Yes, they are! They are the stars (and headaches) of my page on here LOL I sent a friend request. <3
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Yes, they are! They are the stars (and headaches) of my page on here LOL I sent a friend request. <3

Oh, I look forward to seeing more pics of them then! My girl has a similar name to yours, she is called Hoolie - and my boy is Ragnar, or Raggy :)

And as this is the place for it - I am thankful that we just got home BEFORE the sleet showers so I don't have two soggy dogs in the house :D

• amarkula
    amarkula Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I guess it's the "Social system" in Scandinavia, for that I'm not thrown out of my four walls and a roof into the -15'C, as I lost my job "in connection to Corona". When I get something back for our (high) taxes, I'll appreciate it, every month.
    Otherwise, been lucky enough. (fingers crossed)