Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Under 200 calorie Lunch or meal options?

2»

Replies

• thelastnightingalethelastnightingale Member, Premium Posts: 572 Member Member, Premium Posts: 572 Member
    I am currently tucking into a giant bowl of plain chow mein, which was 265 calories to make - you could make a smaller portion and it would still feel big enough to be a meal. You just need to watch the amount of vegetable oil and sesame oil you add, as that's where the calories come in. Egg noodles seem to be much better calorie value than egg pasta!

The lowest calorie 'nice' soup I can make is carrot soup - I can get that down to 100 calories a portion, which leaves capacity for breadsticks/crackers if you like them. Carrot is a really great value for calorie vegetable.

Eggs have already been mentioned - for 200 calories, I would make a scramble with two whole eggs, onions, red peppers and tomatoes. The trick is to bulk out the eggs with as many low-calorie extras as you can manage.

If you're eating a tiny meal and it's the sort of meal that would work well with fresh herbs and/or grated parmesan, add some of that. The calories they add are very minimal, but they make it feel more luxurious. Any trick you can use, right?

I'd probably find it easier to make meals for 300 calories and eat protein bars (the lowest I can buy is 115 calories) in between. Upping to 300 gives you more options.

Good luck!
  • NatashaR44NatashaR44 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    I eat breakfast for lunch all the time. My go-to is half a cup of egg whites bulked up with veggies (I like spinach and mushrooms) plus a cup of frozen hashbrowns and a slice or two of turkey bacon in the air fryer. Just under or around 200 usually.

I also like a big plates of baby butter lettuce with a packet of albacore tuna (with a dollop of avocado mayo) and some cherry tomatoes and a dash of some good balsamic vinegar.

Another super low calorie but filling meal is shirataki noodles flavored with a scoop of your fave Thai peanut sauce and tons of veggies or tofu (or chicken, but that adds more calories).
  • fitb4quitgirlfitb4quitgirl Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I recently learned how important egg whites are! Instead of having a normal 3 egg omelet, I'll substitute 2 of the eggs for the equivalent in eggwhites.
    Steamable edamame is a great snack too, low cal & decent protein!
    Another low calorie option for protein is seafood - sashimi, a filet, canned tuna in water, shrimp. <3
  • OldSnake22OldSnake22 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    veggie soups, veggie stir fry, salads, add a small amount of meat for some fat and protein, they can usually be made around 200-300 calories
  • riffraff2112riffraff2112 Member Posts: 1,721 Member Member Posts: 1,721 Member
    When I was eating small meals my 'go-to' list was
    1. yogurt with cottage cheese
    2. those chicken or tuna salad kits that come with crackers (6, but you can eat less to save calories)
    3. a protein bar (quest is 200 calories).
    4. veg soup
  • wunderkindkingwunderkindking Member Posts: 347 Member Member Posts: 347 Member
    Well Yes! Cambells' soups are sometimes REALLY low calorie. Like 200 for the whole can and pretty good and filling.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 5,061 Member Member Posts: 5,061 Member
    This morning breakfast is cottage cheese pancakes and turkey bacon for 223 calorie.