""Old" newbie!

Options
Hi everyone
I'm "old" in both ways - 73 years and I've been on Myfitnesspal for years! However, I'm very much a yoyo body - I do really well, then the brain thinks "oh good, that's over, I can eat again"!! (I'm sure I'm not alone!!)
I'm going to start AGAIN (well, I have started on 4th January and already down 7lbs). I know it works, I just need a brain "reset" to stop the desire to return to "normal" when I reach target!!
Last time (2019) I lost 4.5 stone, then put 3.5 back on in 2020!!!
I love the inspirational stories I hear, maybe one day, one of them might be me!!

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back!

What strategies do you think will help you stay at "normal" once you reach target, so that you don't yo-yo again?
  • rustyfrog
    rustyfrog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    The rate I go, I would think tying my hands together, so I can't get to food!!
    I really do try to be restrained, and then I just slip back into my old ways! I know that's what got me overweight in the first place, so I don't understand me! I have willpower, or I wouldn't lose it in the first place - I guess I just give up trying!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I can relate. Maybe it would help to set some smaller goals instead of trying to "fix" everything at once. I tend to be an all-or-nothing person, and at some point I get fed up and go back to old ways.

I've recently started following this thread and observing goals that people set and how they reach them. 10 days seems like a reasonable time frame. :) They run a new thread every 10 days and have done so for a couple of years!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10821998/just-give-me-10-days-round-139#latest

• rustyfrog
    rustyfrog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sugaraddict, I've had a brief look, I'll try and get my head round it with a second, better look - I'm not very good on forums etc ( not good on PCs altogether!!)