New Here

candee1222021
candee1222021 Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there,
I’m Candee and I just began a low carb diet called Ketogenesis. Any and all recommendations for success appreciated. Quick summary of me is I’m a Mom of four boys that also has cancer called Multiple Myeloma. I have gained 25 pounds in the last 6 months or so, and my frame (now) can’t hide that kind of gain as I am now 4’10” (down from 5’6” due to the “innumerable fractures”). If you know of any quick, simple, budget friendly meals I can plan for me around my boys I would really appreciate the help.
Thank you, and I look forward to this process.
Much Love.
I’m adding I’m 39, 4’10”, 200 pounds
With elementary aged boys from middle America. I don’t drink alcohol or pop. I stopped drinking sweetened tea. I drink water and coffee. Just started Keto yesterday. I cook, clean, and run after these guys from 06:00 to 22:00. And I have chemo once a month at this point (down from weekly, the bi weekly).

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Hi, I'm Ann. I've been hanging around here for a while. I'm also a cancer survivor (long term, from stage III breast cancer). Does your oncology team know you're striving to lose weight, and are they OK with that? The reason I ask is that I know cancer treatment is a stress on the body, and cutting calories is another stress. If your team is concerned that your weight itself is a health risk, I can see that they might support weight loss, but my "concerned internet auntie" inclinations make me feel compelled to ask, out of concern. My cancer center had a dietitian who was a great help to me during treatment. Can your treatment team refer to someone like that, if they haven't already?

As far as keto tips, I'm not a keto-er myself, but there's a popular, active low carb group here that includes keto folks. It might be a good resource for you. If you're interested in joining, here's a direct link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Wishing you success on all health-related fronts!
  • candee1222021
    candee1222021 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the heads up. They are supportive of me moving forward with the ketogenic diet. At this point in my treatment plan, I will be receiving a form of chemo for the remainder of my life. Right now, as long as my numbers stay low, I get it monthly. I will check out the site you recommended. Thank you.
    Much love.
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    Wow.. You have had a difficult journey. Your resolution and optimism is appreciable. I am in no position to advice you.. just wishes and prayers from my end! Good luck.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Thank you for the heads up. They are supportive of me moving forward with the ketogenic diet. At this point in my treatment plan, I will be receiving a form of chemo for the remainder of my life. Right now, as long as my numbers stay low, I get it monthly. I will check out the site you recommended. Thank you.
    Much love.

Good show! Wishing you much success, and ongoing low numbers!