Cheat meals

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    DylanSaffa wrote: »
    Interesting seeing that there is generally a consensus against the typical cheat meal like what Dwayne Johnson does. And I agree. If you know you're wanting a big burger with desert for dinner, have a light breakfast and possibly no lunch.

Dwayne Johnson's plan works because his training and the meals he eats during the rest of the week result in him hitting the calories he needs to maintain his desired weight overall, even with the "cheat meal."

It's not that his body doesn't process the calories in that meal, it's that he's still hitting his overall goals. A "cheat meal" will work for anyone in those circumstances.

If he found himself gaining unwanted weight, I'm betting he'd quickly address it -- either by reducing his consumption the rest of the week or eating less during that "cheat meal."
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I cheat with my husband 😄 It isn't though he takes me on a date once a week and we have two favs one I get a chicken philly with a small fry and the other the best cheesestick calzones. It is just fun for us and it really doesn't change anything other then water weight the next day or two. All foods for me are good but I don't want raw or alcohol pretty easy to do 🍓

LORD JESUS guide 💟
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    I "cheat" everyday. Chips, ice cream and dried mangos. Calorie bombs, BUT I don't overdo. 1 serving of each.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png