Options
2»

Replies

• sdcooper9
    sdcooper9 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    sdcooper9 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your detailed responses. This question accounts for 2-3 meals out of at least 90 that I eat in a given month. Which is why I'm not going to the lengths of getting a food scale.

I had thought that other people on this website might eat spaghetti as well from time to time and might be willing to share with me what they log on MFP when they eat spaghetti.

As I said in my original post it is three ingredients:

1lb of 90/10 beef bought from Kroger
    Larosa's brand original pasta sauce (24oz)
    Creamette brand enriched spaghetti noodles (16oz)

Yes the fat is drained..... I don't know how many servings are made because my wife cooks each of the items and we serve ourselvs... For me I'd estimate probably approximately 2 cups

we do eat spaghetti (well many us do). its not hard to calculate spaghetti. especially with only those 3 ingredients. if you don't want to bother doing it correctly, then why bother asking us? find any random entry and use that.

That's what I'll continue to do, thank you!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you all for your detailed responses. This question accounts for 2-3 meals out of at least 90 that I eat in a given month. Which is why I'm not going to the lengths of getting a food scale.

I had thought that other people on this website might eat spaghetti as well from time to time and might be willing to share with me what they log on MFP when they eat spaghetti.

Yes the fat is drained..... I don't know how many servings are made because my wife cooks each of the items and we serve ourselvs... For me I'd estimate probably approximately 2 cups

If you want a precise estimate, then YOU should take the time to create a recipe. But it sounds like you are willing to swag it.

Myself, I regularly swag homemade things I rarely make. I'll enter Progresso soup etc. Just search 'spaghetti meat sauce' and pick your best guess.
  • Sparkz1920
    Sparkz1920 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti on Sunday and I created a recipe. I used Turkey, bell peppers and onions, italian seasoning and little garlic salt and pepper, and diced tomatoes. I added each item into the diary and then I split it up into one cup servings. My pot yielded about 7 servings of 1 cup so i then divided the total of all of the ingredient by 7 servings and I have about two more servings left. Came out to roughly 227 calories per cup/serving
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you are just looking for “somewhat close” I’ll recommend the “scan barcode” feature. Ask your wife to save the boxes/jars, scan the barcode, determine your ballpark on how much you ate, then offer to take the recycling out. Lol
    I use this method with plenty of things- I always try to overestimate how much I ate since I’m not precisely measuring. This is not a great system, but if you’re fine with how you’re logging and how your weight is moving then go with what works.
    Using a food scale and accurate logging is highly recommended because there’s 100s of posts on here where people are upset the scale isn’t moving, and can’t grasp it’s because they aren’t accurately logging their food intake.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

Sure, I eat spaghetti/pasta all the time. I use a food scale and the recipe builder.

While a food scale would be far more precise, you can enter those three ingredients into the recipe builder, get the finished volume in cups, and create serving sizes from that.

My partner is a foot taller than me, so his serving size is way bigger than mine. That's one of many reasons why I like using a food scale.

"Servings" becomes total weight in grams of the recipe and "servings I ate" is the amount I ate in grams.