Warmest COLD! Weather running coat for men

Options
2»

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    @BrianSharpe -40 deg! You'd have to wear a space suit! Man, that's extreme. Post a picture!

Or a bathing suit. That's kind of a tradition in Fairbanks. I've heard a 2 second shot in your undies at -40 takes all kinds of logistics, your down sleeping bag is just out of the picture, you drink hot coffee the whole time, then wrap yourself in down and run to the heated car, hoping your legs don't fall off from frostbite.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    @BrianSharpe -40 deg! You'd have to wear a space suit! Man, that's extreme. Post a picture!

Or a bathing suit. That's kind of a tradition in Fairbanks. I've heard a 2 second shot in your undies at -40 takes all kinds of logistics, your down sleeping bag is just out of the picture, you drink hot coffee the whole time, then wrap yourself in down and run to the heated car, hoping your legs don't fall off from frostbite.

LOL I've always thought that these polar bear swimmers etc are a special kind of crazy!
  • MissMackOnTrack21
    MissMackOnTrack21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’m not a guy but I shop a lot ;) ...Nike.com has a “cold gear” sort feature. They’ve got great technical fabrics for running gear. Columbia/North Face/Eddie Bauer are go to brands for cold weather jackets and vests.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I’m not a guy but I shop a lot ;) ...Nike.com has a “cold gear” sort feature. They’ve got great technical fabrics for running gear. Columbia/North Face/Eddie Bauer are go to brands for cold weather jackets and vests.

U/A (the owner/sponsor of MFP) also make great cold weather base layers. I was buying U/A products before it became fashionable and before they went public and still wear their gear now. It's some of the best.

BTW, OP, the reason to wear layers is becaue each layer traps the heat but allows the moisture to pass thru it AND because you can remove/add layers as the air and/or your body temp rises or drops. If you just wear a "coat," you don't get the benefit of that.

• moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

hji6blebzlqw.jpg
    I hurt just looking at this picture! Wowzers, that’s impressive!