@SummerSkier wow, so beautiful!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    2/1 2.02 miles 3.5 mph - treadmill
    2/2 2.23 miles 3.5 mph - treadmill

Monthly Total: 4.25/56 miles

@Avidkeo Yeah for the great run today and the nice accommodations for the Waterfront Half. It's nice when it seems a company is more interested in people than profits.

Beautiful @SummerSkier ! Pictures of sunrises and sunsets never seem to do them justice. Great running.

It is snowy and cold here again, so I did my walk on the treadmill. I went 2.23 miles (to make an even number for the month after yesterday's odd number) at 3.5 mph.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I'm now building up for a sub 2hr HM in June. Gotta get through tmy first HM this year. 2.5 weeks to go!

I do love those runs which feel like you are flying right from the start. We all live for those!!! <3
    I am very impressed with a sub 2 hr HM goal. Me - I am shooting for a sub 10 min mile pace which still puts me at about 135 minutes or so. I sometimes think my watch/gps gets stuck because the effort FEELs the same on a 9 min pace vs an 11 and no matter how much in the same run I try to improve it the watch seems pretty stuck at either the lower or higher end... Must be some algorhythm it uses/ LOL

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options

and it was GLORIOUS. I spied the lighting change in my kitchen and had to run outside BEFORE my run to get some photos. Which of course do not do it justice. I love that it was gorgeous all the way from North to Central Tx.

I know it's a large photo but definitely worth it!
    gnusuz9asmxw.png

Nice shot! As the sun just came up it was almost red then quickly changed to the color you have there. Lovely!! I didn't realize it looked that way across so much of TX. That's really neat.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Yay for nice people @avidkeo, and for your mother road tripping with you - it'll be a great weekend. And I love those runs that fly - I had one like that last week. A glorious feeling.

Amazing sky @SummerSkier. With regards to your running, do you keep a log/diary of your runs. It's interesting to note how you feel - your RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) - alongside your pace. I had two runs, just days apart, both with an RPE of 8/10 (both speed work) but the Thursday run was 20 seconds per kilometre faster than the Tuesday one. I was later able to put this down to hormone changes. But other factors like fatigue and stress also impact hugely on how you feel and your pace.

@quilteryoyo, my mother was born on 4.4.44 - one of those fascinating dates that kids love that I didn't twig to until I was about 30! Also, my grandmother, mum's mum, was born on 10.10.10. I always think my mother should have tried harder with my younger brother to make his birthday 7.7.77!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Amazing sky @SummerSkier. With regards to your running, do you keep a log/diary of your runs. It's interesting to note how you feel - your RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) - alongside your pace. I had two runs, just days apart, both with an RPE of 8/10 (both speed work) but the Thursday run was 20 seconds per kilometre faster than the Tuesday one. I was later able to put this down to hormone changes. But other factors like fatigue and stress also impact hugely on how you feel and your pace.

Absolutely I keep a log and I have even gone so far as to try to make a list of all the things which could/might effect pace. So far the highest hitters for me appear to be "sleep or lack thereof" and Bear (aka BIG dog) chasing you. So far I have 26 items in my list. And I am a little fearful to say that the nights I have taken a T3cod for headache before bed I have had my fastest runs the next morning. Is the med effecting my physical ability or is it that I get a really good night's sleep and the headache is usually gone? Hard to say. Too many variable so I guess when we get the runs like @Avidkeo mentions we can just accept them as a gift and enjoy the heck out of them. I have been know to just KEEP going when that happens as long as I have the time.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    So, @ContraryMaryMary When is your brother's birthday? I had hoped my great niece would be born on my birthday, but she decided to come 3 days too soon. LOL
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier awesome picture! This is a great time of year to be living in Texas. I must have already been at work for that sunrise.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    February Goal: Hike/Run the "B's" *

2/1 off
    2/2 3.50 Cote D'Ivoire and Cape Verde Islands

Total 3.50

exercise.png

*So, my 2021 resolution is to hike/run all 193 (or 195 depending on your source) countries of the world this year. This could be difficult, since I don’t have a passport. But YouTube to the rescue! I have been using the site to take train “trips” recently, and have found them strangely motivating. Why not the world?

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I thought I edited my ticker, but I guess I didn't. Maybe this time I will get it right.

exercise.png
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am a treadmill walker/jogger...and need to set some goals.

I will be 50 in July and would love to lose 15 pounds by then. My motivation is non-existent. I am teaching remotely and it has destroyed my energy level...I'm pinned to a chair on camera for hours and hours each day. I need all the inspiration I can get.

So, I will start tomorrow and post how I do.

Talk soon,
    Kim

Welcome to the group!