• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    2-1 6.1k treadmill
    2-2 5k treadmill + yoga
    2-3 6k slow

February Total: 17.1k
    February Goal: 150k

Cloudy, upper 20s F, and breezy today. Some icy patches, but the biggest challenge was running where the wind had drifted snow into the road. Made for some tough footing. Saw plenty of geese flapping around.

Welcome to the group, @CheerMom715 !!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,788 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I smelled a skunk when I was getting close to home, but I never saw one. I did see a skunk on my run on Friday.  

I smell them a lot this time of year also and wonder what neighbor's poor dog is suffering. LOL. However the other morning I actually SAW one and it was trying to cross the road in front of me and I was trying to stay as far away as possible. Luckily it decided to NOT cross after all and ran back under a fence into a yard. It's the second time I have seen pepe la pew on runs and both times they were thinking of crossing the street in front of me.... sigh.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'd be more keen on the meditaton lol
    tennis ball torture @eleanorhawkins
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,788 Member
    Options
    Tennis ball is my go to for sciatica!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Nice run and cute pictures @mbaker566 !

Love the spring flower @SummerSkier . I think it will be a while before they bloom here. Nice run.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @cheermom715 Welcome! Not sure where you are in your running/walking or if you have a plan in place, but if not I would highly recommend C25K or something similar to give you a bit of structure and some attainable goals while slowly building you up to avoid injury. Be sure to check back in for all the moral support!

@eleanorhawkins I have a lacrosse ball in my purse just for an on-the-go roll if I have knots! Hurts soooo goooood!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 running on ice is just hard. You said you had screw shoes but you could try [url="http://"]microspikes[/url] if you really wanted to run on ice. They are not very comfortable to run for very long on but they do give a lot of traction. Still, downhill especially is dicey on icy trails.

@quilteryoyo that picture of Tippy is hilarious. She's having a ball! And might be slightly crazy :) Nice job on your walk, but I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Good outside running @tramboman! I said no to trying to run in the roads today.

@mbaker566 the dogs look happy and ready for a treat. Good job on your run, sorry about Garmin cheating you though.

Nice run @SummerSkier, good pacing. I can't believe the daffodil. We are so far off from that.

Hope all is well @angmarie28, maybe just an off day.

@eleanorhawkins glad you didn't suffocate yourself while laughing and running! I'm with you on being more interested in the tennis ball torture than meditation, but it might be very nice! I use a lacrosse ball quite a bit on my feet and various other parts.

@martaindale that sounds pretty typical for kids that age. Hopefully she gives CC a shot, and I bet you are right that she will have a little leg up by doing C25k
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic . Tippy IS slightly crazy when it comes to snow. :lol: Great job on the treadmill run.