Rant About Track Etiquette

Options
12346»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    DavPul:

I love wolves. They are among my favorite animals. Alongside giraffes, jaguars, otters, grizzly bears, sharks, cats, dogs, raccoons, squirrels, ducks, eagles, penguins, rattlesnakes, tortoises, spiders, hippos, ibex, coyotes, porcupines, iguanas, ohffs, all the animalz.

Thank you for keeping it real.

Yay!

And for OP, I think you need a cute gif to make you feel better. Breathe deep and think of baby otters...

YV2G6YZ.jpg
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Wait. I just realized that wolf gif basically says, "I don't care about you - here - let the wolves get you, because I'm bigger, faster, and badderassed."

Even better.

yeppers

But, shouldn't it be running in the opposite direction?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Otters don't like running either clockwise nor counterclockwise on human running tracks.

They do like

4411349240_68d2c9499a_o.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options
    apparently.

post count FTW
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Otters don't like running either clockwise nor counterclockwise on human running tracks.

They do like

YES!
  • Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

They do like

YES!

Ok you guys are killing me with cuteness overload :wink:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    DavPul:

I love wolves. They are among my favorite animals. Alongside giraffes, jaguars, otters, grizzly bears, sharks, cats, dogs, raccoons, squirrels, ducks, eagles, penguins, rattlesnakes, tortoises, spiders, hippos, ibex, coyotes, porcupines, iguanas, ohffs, all the animalz.

Thank you for keeping it real.

Yay!

And for OP, I think you need a cute gif to make you feel better. Breathe deep and think of baby otters...

YV2G6YZ.jpg

I know I feel better!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    What is the etiquette for this: I was running on a local rec. track last week. 2 women arrived, got out of their cars, jumped on the track (ahead of me) and proceeded to light up cigarettes. I was behind them only briefly, as they were walking, but really?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    What is the etiquette for this: I was running on a local rec. track last week. 2 women arrived, got out of their cars, jumped on the track (ahead of me) and proceeded to light up cigarettes. I was behind them only briefly, as they were walking, but really?

ha.

What the everloving What?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You run between them, and on your way, you grab the cigarettes out of their mouths and throw them on the ground and step on them.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    You run between them, and on your way, you grab the cigarettes out of their mouths and throw them on the ground and step on them.

I kick box, but one of those "ladies" could probably kick my *kitten*. They only made one lap and left. I really just didn't see the point in driving to a track for that.
  • beachlover317
    Options

ha.

What the everloving What?
    my point exactly. :noway:
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you gotta be kidding me
    just run around them
    no one cares about your olympic aspirations
    they dont care what lane theyre in
    they just want to get some exercise
    just because you take the track serious doesnt mean they should to
    most ppl just see it as a place to walk/run
    who cares about lane assignments?
    you cant even run around them... because why again?
    you make it seem like there is no space on the track to squeeze through
    like 10 ppl are abreast on the track haha
    i like weaving around ppl, works on my agility
    bottom line: public parks, trails, tracks arent ruled by you
    be ready to make some sacrifices. thats just the way it works.

AMEN
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I kick box, but one of those "ladies" could probably kick my *kitten*. They only made one lap and left. I really just didn't see the point in driving to a track for that.

you'd only need to outrun them for a lap or two. they wouldn't have the lung capacity to keep up with you for any longer than that