Struggling to work AND exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    OP - first of all, set your MFP settings to "moderately" active for the next few weeks that you are working more. Your job will help you burn more calories, but you will need to have some of those in your calorie goal so you're not getting too run down.

Second, if exercise is important, you'll find the time. There are plenty of people here who have already posted what they do to fit it in (giggity). I have a full time 40hr/week job, a child to raise, a husband, a home to care for and volunteer activities that keep me busy. I get up at 4:30-5am so I can run in the morning. Or, I make time after my daughter goes to bed. I have a training schedule planned out till the end of September that helps me stay on track. With a little effort and organization, you can find the time as well.

^This! Especially if this is a temporary schedule for you, set your activity level a little higher, as Lora suggests. But for sure, if you want to find the time, there will be ways to sneak in some exercise. Also, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I know there are a lot of us that, if we are not doing the full shebang workout, we say forget it. But if all you can get in is to wake up 30 minutes earlier to do an online HIIT, or pop in a video to do something, at least you are getting something done. If you can find the time to fit in your schedule something, you will feel better for it once this busy stage passes. And it will better prepare you for the next overwhelming busy time that might pop up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Uh, good job. Now that that's over with, this isn't about you, and what you were able to accomplish. For all I know, the OP is superwoman just like you and can do it all. I'm saying she doesn't have to. Maybe you would have benefited from someone telling you the same 17 years ago. How the heck should I know? I don't know you. :). I'm still allowed to have my opinion even if you don't agree with it, right?

i agree with you. the OP should just give up. give up exercise, give up working, give up....everything. nothing good every came from trying hard anyway
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Uh, good job. Now that that's over with, this isn't about you, and what you were able to accomplish. For all I know, the OP is superwoman just like you and can do it all. I'm saying she doesn't have to. Maybe you would have benefited from someone telling you the same 17 years ago. How the heck should I know? I don't know you. :). I'm still allowed to have my opinion even if you don't agree with it, right?

i agree with you. the OP should just give up. give up exercise, give up working, give up....everything. nothing good every came from trying hard anyway

What is it about reading a different opinion that has you guys so scared? Double check your reading comprehension, kid. I have posted about someone I very much respect and admire working two jobs and going to school full time, while getting excellent exercise. I've posted about myself working a single part time job and school full time. I've suggested OP take a look at her life and determine for herself if she truly needs to bear the entire load. No need to make up BS opinions and assign them to me just because I think differently than you do.
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find (like almost everyone else who has replied to your OP) that if I get up early and do my workout before work, I not only feel better, but am 99% on task with my nutrition. It helps me stay motivated for the rest of the day.

Having said that, in the beginning there was NO WAY I was getting up at 5 a.m. without my workout buddy waiting in the driveway. I could not have got started on this journey to fitness without someone backing me up. Once the habit was established, it was easier to get my butt to the gym on my own. If you can, find a friend to join you.