Why is everyone so afraid of sugar?

Options

Replies

• Sunshine_Kubes
    Sunshine_Kubes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sugar deactivates antioxidants, which causes you to age faster.. which also causes your immune system to be weaker, which also creates a breeding ground for cancer..

There are TONS of other reasons.. GOOGLE IT

Oh. Can we have a link or source for this claim? Please?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/30/health/sugar-bad
  • Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what types of sugar you are talking about. When it comes to natural sugars I am all for it, fruits galore...have at em. But when it comes to refined sugar...I stay away when I can...Its in enough stuff that I have hard time being completely sugar free but I do my best. There is enough research out there that refined sugar leads to all sorts of problems.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/sugar-problem/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all
  • CARBLEGEND
    CARBLEGEND Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BECAUSE THEY ARE IGNORANT...SUGAR MELTS FAT
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Sugar deactivates antioxidants, which causes you to age faster.. which also causes your immune system to be weaker, which also creates a breeding ground for cancer..

googled it. saw studies that suggested the opposite of what you are saying. saw blogs that supported what you are saying. not believing what you are saying.

Maybe you should do more research.. perhaps everyone should do more research before posting their opinions on public forum.. When you're incorrect, it doesn't make you seem too smart.. just saying..

Please point me in the right direction. As I said, the only studies that I saw (I only read the abstracts) after googling "sugar antioxidants" seemed to suggest the opposite of what you were saying.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

googled it. saw studies that suggested the opposite of what you are saying. saw blogs that supported what you are saying. not believing what you are saying.

Maybe you should do more research.. perhaps everyone should do more research before posting their opinions on public forum.. When you're incorrect, it doesn't make you seem too smart.. just saying..

You were the one that made the claim (without dose) about sugar intake leading to weakened immunity and faster aging. You didn't provide anything to back those claims up other than your opinion.

If you're going to make a rather bold claim about sugar you should be prepared to back it up rather than hurling insults when you're challenged on your claims.
  • Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Why are people being so mean to others. I added a comment and then looked up and saw the calling names and being hurtful...Hey we can agree to disagree. Bring your alternate information but there is no reason to be rude. Just figured this forum was for people trying to encourage other people rather than be hurtful. Ok....I have said my peace.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I guess it depends on what types of sugar you are talking about. When it comes to natural sugars I am all for it, fruits galore...have at em. But when it comes to refined sugar...I stay away when I can...Its in enough stuff that I have hard time being completely sugar free but I do my best. There is enough research out there that refined sugar leads to all sorts of problems.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/sugar-problem/refined-sugar-the-sweetest-poison-of-all

^ Excerpts from a book written in 1975, just FYI on that link.

It would make sense to me to look into research that at least examines specific doses of sugar so you can begin to formulate what might be considered "reasonable" dosage and what would be "too much".
  • CARBLEGEND
    CARBLEGEND Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE ARE MEAN HERE BECAUSE THERE ARE ZERO CONSEQUENCES...THEY ARE WEAK COWARDS
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have also stopped tracking sugar, but I try not to eat any processed sugar. I found out early in my program that sugar made me crave more and my hunger is under control without it. That's me, it may not be that way for others, but I know my son is the same way. Fruit sugars though I eat and don't count.
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    sugar and flour makes me crave more sugar and flour. I prefer not to eat it
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh. Can we have a link or source for this claim? Please?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/30/health/sugar-bad

There nothing there about antioxidants, aging, or cancer.

I'm disappointed
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Sugar throws my sugar to the sky. I have to minimize it or surrender to insulin. I'm more head strong about cutting sugars & carbs than I am giving myself shots, thank you.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Eating sugar makes me crave sugar, and I don't have a ton of room in my calorie day for junk food. I can eat chips and not care to have chips the next day, but a cupcake (or a sweet drink, etc.) is a different story.

I don't worry at all about the sugar in fruit. Fruit is our friend.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Oxygen causes oxidation, so there's a good reason to stop breathing?

You're a special kind of stupid.. thank you.. thank you for the laugh..

Pot calling kettle?
  • Sunshine_Kubes
    Sunshine_Kubes Posts: 37 Member
    Options

You were the one that made the claim (without dose) about sugar intake leading to weakened immunity and faster aging. You didn't provide anything to back those claims up other than your opinion.

If you're going to make a rather bold claim about sugar you should be prepared to back it up rather than hurling insults when you're challenged on your claims.

I'm sorry for making a comment and not backing it up with facts. I have read multiple studies, so I don't have the links on hand.. One link

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/how-sugar-ages-your-skin

Another link:
    http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/why-sugar-bad?page=all
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Oh dear. That moment you feel embarrassed for the other person.:embarassed:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh dear. That moment you feel embarrassed for the other person.:embarassed:

Shhhh. We haven't quite got to the point where the bass drops, if you catch my meaning.

Don't wanna give it away too soon.
  • SideSteel
    Options

I'm sorry for making a comment and not backing it up with facts. I have read multiple studies, so I don't have the links on hand.. One link

http://www.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/how-sugar-ages-your-skin

Another link:
    http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/why-sugar-bad?page=all

In your opinion, does the above information constitute "research"?
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    three words. Insulin, and growth hormone. If you dont understand these two, then you shouldnt even post.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, I love it.