Discouraged by doctor comments

Options
2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Jerk doctors that talk to patients like they're stupid and broken fall into the BAD doctor category. There are many low level medical schools.. many doctors are average and below average. Beside manner matters...and it isn't kind or good medicine to tell an overweight person in an examination room .. you are a lost cause as a way to "challenge" them.

check your insurance and find a new doctor.. thank goodness for reviews these days.. check those out.

You deserve a physician who encourages natural good health and speaks to you with respect and foremost is kind. Not a doctor who promotes surgery and drugs It makes you wonder if he is in a referral arrangement with a gastric bypass surgeon. Also.. if he/she wasn't being so cruel they'd have to tell you that part of gastric bypass surgery is you have to lose a good amount of weight on your own first. Also.. many who do that surgery gain it back too! Jerk.

And yes.. you can lose weight my friend.. you could do it. ....many people on here have lost a lot and changed their lives.

• aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Find a new doctor. I have been overweight most of my life, but have lost over 100 pounds twice. Doctors and people in general treat you differently when you are overweight. At my heavier weight my physician never took my health seriously, that typically would spend less than 5 minutes talking to me and would make all of my health concerns related to being overweight. When I lost weight, my physicians showed more concern, they always wanted to run test or dig deeper to find the source of even the smallest problem. It’s sad that people are treated differently because of the way they look but it does happen.

You have to put yourself first and know that you deserve better treatment from a physician.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Find a new doctor.

I have had 2 regular doctors since 2015 (when I began my journey) both were never anything BUT encouraging and huge cheerleaders! One was a female ( I LOVED her) and the current one a male (who I also like quite well). They see weight going down (I lost 130 pounds), labs perfect, healthy attitude and expectations for weight loss. Ive gained some back over the past year or two and he is nothing but encouraging and seeing it go BACK down.

There are good doctors, and bad. One of the doctors at my current practice tried to tell me 'women have a happy weight that their bodies want to stay at. you cant do much about that. I can give a pill if you'd like'. *kitten*. my doctor rolled his eyes when I told him she said that. I now only see her for gyno exams and my regular doc for everything else.
  • deborahbaker120
    deborahbaker120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was considered a challenge show up you have lost 10 lb. as for the diet pills myself personally I have nothing against them as long as the side effects do not hose any difficulties. They can keep me awake which is not good for me.
  • deborahbaker120
    deborahbaker120 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Also just want to add Noom works very well
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like to be the jerk wants you to help pay for his Lexus and his condo in Bermuda. Sorta like the dermatology surgeon I went to have a skin cancer removed who told me he could botox my "ugly" wrinkles. Jerkbag.