Loosing 19lbs

Options
Hey everyone I just wanted to share my experience with MyFitnessPal. I’ve been using this app for years but finally this year I got a lot of motivation to stick to it! I am a 6ft tall 26 year old male out of Las Vegas,NV and I’ve been sticking to my meal prep plan and staying at my calorie goal of 2,200. January 1st 2021 I was 234lbs, now I’m at 215lbs and feel great. My goal is to get to 200-205 and bulk up. If anyone has any advice on bulking I’d appreciate the feedback. 🤘🏻

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,453 Member
    Options
    Great job! That’s a lot of weight in a month or two, though. Super fast weight loss can be tough on your body. Be kind to yourself during this process and know, too, it’s gonna get a heckuva a lot harder the closer you get to goal.

Re: bodying building, calling @sijomial @ninerbuff

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • darrinfrancis123
    Options
    Oh yeah for sure. Right now It seems like I’m stuck between 214-215. Thanks for the response!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    If your weight loss is stuck for weeks then making your food diary helps enormously with discovering why.
    (Inaccurate methods of food estimating are the #1 culprit....)
    But you have lost weight pretty quickly to date and slowing that rate of loss down as you get leaner is probably a good idea.

For a guide to cutting and bulking I'd suggest you have a scan through the "Must Read" threads pinned to the top of the Gaining Weight and Bodybuilding forum, there's a wealth of good information there.