Failure is a GIFt

Options
KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
edited February 2021 in Chit-Chat
This is the other side of the GIFt us your lifts thread.

Failure is a part of growth. Sometimes you just can't pick that stuff up. Sometimes it's just too heavy and you have to put it back down. That's ok.

That's a gift. It's growth. It's also a sign that you literally left it all out there.

So... Here's my first fail GIF. 195LB. Supposed to be x5... But I only got 3.

rrvvp8rc90xj.gif

Β«1345

Replies

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    So glad you started this, bc I was chicken πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I have so many to add though 😬 I think it’s helpful to see with success comes failure ☺️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    So glad you started this, bc I was chicken πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I have so many to add though 😬 I think it’s helpful to see with success comes failure ☺️

I think it does. It makes it seem a bit more real. I can post my bench fail from the other night too. Lol. Good thing you can't hear THAT audio. πŸ˜‚

Looking forward to failing together!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    A quote I like

"If you ain't failing, you ain't even trying...."

Or....your not trying hard enough.

πŸ˜πŸ§‘πŸ’œ

This is to true!.. Failure in lifting means you gave it your all. There's nothing bad about that! Now I just need to keep telling myself that over and over! Haha
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: Β»
    To me failure is quitting. If you are in motion with honest effort, there is no fail.

Thank you! 😊❀️ After the squat fail, and the ohp struggles... I wanted to quit. But if I had... I wouldn't have seen the deadlift PR, or the increase in curls, tricep extensions or chinups!

I'm glad I didn't quit after failing. Even though I reeeeeaaally wanted to!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: Β»
    To me failure is quitting. If you are in motion with honest effort, there is no fail.

I agree and I’d almost argue, if you never fail can you really say you’re pushing yourself to your limits πŸ€”
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I fail bench most frequently but often like to disperse my failures 🀣 This was not from today but curious @KickassAmazon76 do you have a spot when you bench? What does your fail look like? I’m always too scared to attempt any PR’s or even high sets when I bench on my own, I feel like it holds me back a bit.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868534067958341205f91b9fef7c8ae025b63a4355&rid=giphy.gif

Because I lift in my basement, I have always had side supports handy just in case. In the beginning it was sawed off metal sawhorses.. Now I have my cage and the support bars sit just below my ribs so that when I exhale they're there. I have about an inch of room when I fail.

I thought I had a vid, but I guess I deleted it... No worries, I will share the next time I fail. Haha!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    My current failure, my very macro appropriate snack πŸ‘‡πŸ» Which I then decided to chase with Frosted Flakes πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

322bfvc2t7fn.jpeg

I bought a box of sugar crisp the other day... And instead of using milk... I used cold coffee. And went for seconds. Haha

I do not judge.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    My current failure, my very macro appropriate snack πŸ‘‡πŸ» Which I then decided to chase with Frosted Flakes πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

322bfvc2t7fn.jpeg

A few weeks I ran out of quick oats and Frosted Flakes did a fantastic and tasty sand in for multiple days!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    RashBasicBuffalo-small.gif
  • jennacole12
    Options

322bfvc2t7fn.jpeg

I bought a box of sugar crisp the other day... And instead of using milk... I used cold coffee. And went for seconds. Haha

I do not judge.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I do add vanilla protein to my cereal instead of milk at times, so I think coffee makes sense 🀣
  • jennacole12
    Options
    My 250 lb first and second attempt fails.... I was about to be so mad if my third didn’t get off the ground.

I also did pull ups bc of you all and by rep 10 (assisted) I was seeing stars 🀣

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886e183bfa9b69f0adc73c84d43ba1bca2496aaeb6d&rid=giphy.gif

• kinetixtrainer2
    Options

322bfvc2t7fn.jpeg

A few weeks I ran out of quick oats and Frosted Flakes did a fantastic and tasty sand in for multiple days!

Good thing I had all these typos in the failure thread 😬

Thank y’all for not pointing them out πŸ˜‚
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    My 250 lb first and second attempt fails.... I was about to be so mad if my third didn’t get off the ground.

I also did pull ups bc of you all and by rep 10 (assisted) I was seeing stars 🀣

Love seeing that determination
  • jennacole12
    Options

322bfvc2t7fn.jpeg

Good thing I had all these typos in the failure thread 😬

Thank y’all for not pointing them out πŸ˜‚

🀣🀣🀣 I understood what you meant and once my mind shifts to food little else matters.... and we were talking about Frosted Flakes so 🀀
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: Β»
    Failing on rep 12 of weighted pull-ups (45 lbs). This gets harder weighing 227 lbs. ha 6yoypahdhcfl.png

Did you see stars?? Yesterday I failed on my 12th assisted pull up and I swear I saw stars πŸ˜‚