Failure is a GIFt

Replies

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    So much failure here..

Not a full hang chinup... It's the closest I have... A bar hanging from chains off my pergola outside. 😂 The second rep was a laughable attempt at a pull up. The third was a barely there chinup.

It was - 20C. This may be why my neighbors just laugh and shake their heads.

pkj50dqdlewu.gif

I think the second your hands were just slippery 😂 the other two 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Great job!!!!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,672 Member
    So much failure here..

Not a full hang chinup... It's the closest I have... A bar hanging from chains off my pergola outside. 😂 The second rep was a laughable attempt at a pull up. The third was a barely there chinup.

pkj50dqdlewu.gif

I think the second your hands were just slippery 😂 the other two 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Great job!!!!!

Haha I wish! It's crazy what a difference chinup vs pull-up makes. I went chinup, pull-up, chinup, chinup.

I have a lonnnng way to go! 😂
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Danw586 wrote: »
    Failing on rep 12 of weighted pull-ups (45 lbs). This gets harder weighing 227 lbs. ha 6yoypahdhcfl.png

Did you see stars?? Yesterday I failed on my 12th assisted pull up and I swear I saw stars 😂

Not on this one. I see stars when I deadlift heavy, though. Sometimes squats too.

• Danw586
    So much failure here..

pkj50dqdlewu.gif

Getting there though...

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,267 Member
    Failing on rep 12 of weighted pull-ups (45 lbs). This gets harder weighing 227 lbs. ha 6yoypahdhcfl.png

I kept waiting on this to play 😑
    So much failure here..

pkj50dqdlewu.gif

You will get it if you keep pushing for it ! 💪🏼
  • Danw586

I kept waiting on this to play 😑
    So much failure here..

pkj50dqdlewu.gif

You will get it if you keep pushing for it ! 💪🏼

I failed at failure gif making
  • KickassAmazon76
    The video stopped on me, but got the first half, just not me trapped under the bar 😂 Also, I should follow my own advice and not use clips while benching 🙄 at least I finished the set, I failed re racking.... who even does that 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488635d950ea331548fa26022326bb7d3612b2aecf3c&rid=giphy.gif

I wanna help so badly! Haha. Glad you're ok!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    The video stopped on me, but got the first half, just not me trapped under the bar 😂 Also, I should follow my own advice and not use clips while benching 🙄 at least I finished the set, I failed re racking.... who even does that 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488635d950ea331548fa26022326bb7d3612b2aecf3c&rid=giphy.gif

Isn’t that a scary feeling ?!?
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    To me failure is quitting. If you are in motion with honest effort, there is no fail.

I agree and I’d almost argue, if you never fail can you really say you’re pushing yourself to your limits 🤔

Agree. I almost feel like I can't have real success, true success without having some level of fails along the way. If there were no failures, I don't know that I pushed myself hard enough to get as far as I could have gone.
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    I really love this thread. I think sometimes people get so wrapped up in looking good that they don't really push their limits. I just about passed out last week working out with my trainer. It was really embarrassing lying on the floor trying not to throw up. When I went back today I was tempted for a minute to take it easy so I wouldn't repeat the episode... just for a minute. I'm glad I pushed myself and challenged those limits. It's really the only way to tell that you're pushing them back.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    25c7144f9eb5c582df7472f0efa01c20--studios-drawing.jpg
    Posting that image made me feel like Professor Umbridge in Harry Potter. Dangit. :rage:

Alrighty, folks. We *do* have community guidelines here, and I implore you to take a look. Four of them are below:
    1. Play Nice

I WILL:
    I will be respectful and understand that everyone is different. Some members are new to this, so be kind to the newbies.
    I will remember the human on the other side of the screen.
    I will share my opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well.

I will be ready to hear and accept other opinions that I might not always agree with.
    I will ignore users.

I WON'T:
    I won’t be a jerk.
    I won't attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. I can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but I cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English, belittling a member for posting a duplicate discussion, or attacking a member for posting in an older discussion. (ie. It’s lose not loose, strong first post, didn’t you already post this today, etc.) Not every member has the same level of education, so I’ll refrain from criticizing a member for not framing their content in a manner befitting a university-level science paper.
    I won’t pick apart how something is said; I will focus on the meaning/message.

2. Treat others with dignity, compassion and respect

I WILL:
    I will SHOW RESPECT.
    I will show kindness.

I will respect that MyFitnessPal has a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech.

I WON'T:
    I won’t be a bully.
    I won’t belittle others.
    I won’t make any derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
    I won’t stalk other members. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors.
    I won’t make stereotypes against other members.
    I won’t post discussions or comments that incite racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm to any individual or group.
    I won’t endorse violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor.
    I won’t publicly post information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person (i.e., by publicly posting any person's contact information on the forums).

3. No Trolling

I WILL:
    I will stay on-topic in an existing discussion.
    I will report trolls instead of engaging them.
    I will contribute politely and constructively to a discussion, or move on without posting.
    I will ignore users.

I WON'T:
    I won’t troll.
    I won’t flamebait.
    I won’t call someone out.

I won’t police other members.
    I won’t feed the trolls.
    I won’t take a discussion off-topic, it’s considered hi-jacking.

5. Keep it Clean (we mean your language)

I WILL:
    I will be respectful in the words I choose; this includes usernames.
    I will be mindful that this is a workplace friendly site. If you wouldn’t use that language in front of your boss, mom or anyone in public, please don’t post it here.
    I will post medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health in a mature manner.

I WON'T:
    I won’t use explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar language or sexual innuendo.
    I won’t get creative trying to get around the profanity filters by the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language.
    I won’t post topics with the intent to titillate.

Some posts in this thread have been removed. If yours was one of them and you don't understand why, send me a PM and we can discuss.

JustSomeEm
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I'd just like to say that I don't use pins. I generally work out alone, so no one to save me if I fail. For bench, I just lean the bar and drop the plates off the side if I fail. I try to remember to set the safeties high for my squats. I'm not im the gym atm, and will be going light again when returning. Keep up the good work every one!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    I'd just like to say that I don't use pins. I generally work out alone, so no one to save me if I fail. For bench, I just lean the bar and drop the plates off the side if I fail. I try to remember to set the safeties high for my squats. I'm not im the gym atm, and will be going light again when returning. Keep up the good work every one!

I’m with you on the safety pins.
  • jennacole12
    Well... I DID get 3 sets of 5@100lb!

This was set 4. Only got 4.

@jennacole12 here's me failing with my side bars. 😁
    ym4qufvnusj4.gif

Ohhh I get it so you don’t get trapped and have to squirm under it like I did last week 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • KickassAmazon76

ym4qufvnusj4.gif

Ohhh I get it so you don’t get trapped and have to squirm under it like I did last week 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Haha no... And that last fail I did... I swear I would have died if I hadn't had that bar. It bounced. 🤪

I know that it doesn't help that I've really eaten my feelings this last few days, not sleeping well... And had McDonald's for dinner... Which is not sitting well AT ALL.

I am hoping I can get my bleep together to finish all 5 next time. ❤️
  • jennacole12

ym4qufvnusj4.gif

Haha no... And that last fail I did... I swear I would have died if I hadn't had that bar. It bounced. 🤪

I know that it doesn't help that I've really eaten my feelings this last few days, not sleeping well... And had McDonald's for dinner... Which is not sitting well AT ALL.

In the last year I’ve caved and had mcdonalds twice and both times I lived to regret it 😂😂 Then right as the regret fades I say ahhh it’s just one time 😳🤢🤮
  • KickassAmazon76

ym4qufvnusj4.gif

In the last year I’ve caved and had mcdonalds twice and both times I lived to regret it 😂😂 Then right as the regret fades I say ahhh it’s just one time 😳🤢🤮

It does not taste nearly as good during the last set of squats. 🤭🤢