Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Over on protein almost daily

saintlmm7689saintlmm7689 Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
I am definitely staying in my calorie goal but I routinely go over on two of my macros. My protein and my fat. It’s mostly because I eat a lot of meat, chicken, pork.
And the fats are healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. Will this hamper my weight reduction?

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 24,817 Member Member, Premium Posts: 24,817 Member
    Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. If you're going way over on protein, you may want to ensure you're getting enough of the other things you need, but it isn't going to keep you from losing weight.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 38,703 Member Member Posts: 38,703 Member
    I am definitely staying in my calorie goal but I routinely go over on two of my macros. My protein and my fat. It’s mostly because I eat a lot of meat, chicken, pork.
    And the fats are healthy fats like avocado and olive oil. Will this hamper my weight reduction?

Weight management is about calories...your macros are just the breakdown of how those calories are distributed between the three macro-nutrients. If anything, the default protein MFP gives you is pretty much a minimum...when losing weight and/or active, it's good to have more.
  • JthanmyfitnesspalJthanmyfitnesspal Member, Premium Posts: 2,660 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,660 Member
    If your apatite is under control and you are feeling peppy enough, it's all good!
  • saintlmm7689saintlmm7689 Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
    Appreciate all the positive responses!
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Member Posts: 7,590 Member Member Posts: 7,590 Member
    As long as you're getting your 5 (and I would probably aim for 8+) veggies and fruits a day, and your full measure of fiber per day and enough healthy fats and don't have any known or unknown kidney ailments.... why not?