How do you search your own recipes?

xaipete
xaipete Posts: 9 Member
Since MFP has never fixed it in the five years I've been asking... Does anyone have a way to find a specific recipe of your own that you need to edit? If I want to change a recipe rather than just log it, or even see the ingredients, I have -- at last count -- 24 screens of recipes to go through, so I have to allow at least half an hour just to see my own recipe. I think they're sort of arranged by the date I last changed the recipe, which is totally not helpful. To me it would be reasonable to have the list alphabetical, but MFP must not agree. And it drives me crazy!
Has anyone found a workaround?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    If you’re using the iOS app you can certainly sort your recipes alphabetically or search using the name (or part thereof ). Navigate to the list of recipes and tap at the very top right, on the little menu bar icon. That should then allow you to change your sorting preference.

If you’re not on the iOS app, hopefully someone else can help because iOS is the only platform I use for MFP.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    edited February 2021
    I agree, it's annoying. I'd like to be able to sort alphabetically or search, which you can do on the app (I've got android) but not the web version.

To answer your question, I take a stab as to when I may have last used the recipe and perhaps jump to page 5 and work back from there if I think it was a while ago. Not ideal though.
  • xaipete
    xaipete Posts: 9 Member
    Hmmm... I'm on a Macbook. My eyes aren't good enough for the tiny font on my phone (I'd never pick out the difference between 1/4 and 1/2!). It just doesn't seem like it should be hard for MFP to do!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited March 2021
    I have a lot of recipes and I end up just using ctrl+f on my laptop to find the name on the page. Still annoying because I have to go page by page, but it does save me a little time, at least! I don't know if the mobile app has a "find in page" feature, but a mobile browser should.
  • Thelinbc
    Thelinbc Posts: 38 Member
    I do not use my phone for MFP except to hunt a specific recipe. Find it on your phone go edit then save. It will go to the very top of your recipes on the web version. I also name all my recipes by type, salad , soup , casserole etc. Easier to find.
  • Midnigh
    Midnigh Posts: 56 Member
    Thank you for the question because I've been frustrated with this too. And thanks for the tips. I didn't know I could sort on my Android & I suspected I could use that to put the recipes on top so thanks Thelinbc for confirming my suspicion!