Reason to smile today

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,132 Member
    A nice note from my new neighbour thanking us for including them Monday and asking to get a lesson in making sourdough bread. I think I've made a new friend!

(She's super classy and the wife of a diplomat here for 2 more years from the USA....wait till she learns what hillbillies we are)
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    After being sick for 7 days I was finally able to sleep through the night without a cough waking me or a snotty-nose. I feel like myself again 😊

Happy you're feeling better sweetheart 🤗
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,406 Member
    The first sip of coffee this morning 🤩
  • Alinouveau2
    Getting more boxes emptied and the piano getting tuned
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,031 Member
    Getting more boxes emptied and the piano getting tuned

Do you play or someone in your fam?
  • Alinouveau2
    We've all taken lessons but my boy plays by ear, I do too. Lessons are torture when you're forced to read music although it means I don't know anything fancy or play.

The tuner was happy the piano is in its own room because it's a big old one with a really rich tone and sounds even lovlier in its room
  • Alinouveau2
    Got more boxes emptied
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    i got the most compliment ever, think I am gonna play this one in my head in my last moments.
  • Alinouveau2
    Framing my boy's artwork and people being impressed. He clearly didn't inherit art talent from me
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Butterflies
  • Alinouveau2
    Having our former two doors down neighbours over for drinks. We never spent much time with them when we lived close but they're kinda fun
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    My DS21 just drove away today to drive across the country and begin his new life with his girlfriend and her family.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I was able to attend my favorite 5k yesterday with my mom. I couldn’t run it this year, but I walked it like a boss. Then I waited for my mother to cross the finish line. She wasn’t far behind. She is rocking the *kitten* out of 70. I’m so proud of her. It was a wonderful day with my family. ♥️

What a special day for you and your mom, you both rock! So proud of you, love you my friend ❤️
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,504 Member
    I had the most amazing weekend. Went leaf peepin' with my best friend. Took a ferry to a town where all they had was cornfields...or so we thought. We didn't drive far enough cause apparently there was a *kitten*-ton of bars 😂 then we walked in on a wedding looking for food at this lodge. We got walked to the back of the lodge to get to the restaurant which looked more like a retirement home cafeteria so we left lol Oh and I also saw my favorite person and got to spend some time with them so all of that has me smiling this Monday morning ☺️
  • Alinouveau2
    Pur beautiful Jacuzzi tub should be fixed after today